Randall Cobb to the Jets

Sestak4ever

52 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Good, keep Wilson, Davis, Hardman, and Mims on the sidelines and go with Cobb, Kumerow, and Lazard lol. There's only so many snaps/targets. This only hurts them 

Don’t worry, Can’… err, uhhh… Nate Hackett is on it. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Good, keep Wilson, Davis, Hardman, and Mims on the sidelines and go with Cobb, Kumerow, and Lazard lol. There's only so many snaps/targets. This only hurts them 

I’ve got to think it’s essentially a coaching role at this point but we will see. 

id imagine more “he likes the route run like this and will key on that motion” than “hey Wilson, head to the bench”

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’ve got to think it’s essentially a coaching role at this point but we will see. 

id imagine more “he likes the route run like this and will key on that motion” than “hey Wilson, head to the bench”

So Cobb is going there to coach? I highly doubt he would be into that. He's there to play

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

People honestly think this is actually going to workout for the Jets. 
This has a 2021 Denver Broncos vibe to it. 
Wonder what Clay Matthews is up to these days I know Aaron fixed his garbage disposal two years ago. 

Cobbs is washed up IMO, but Rodgers is going to have as good a surrounding team as he’s maybe had in his career.  I’m thinking the Jets are going to be a different animal than a Tua or Russell Wilson led team.  Hope I’m wrong.

56 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

So Cobb is going there to coach? I highly doubt he would be into that. He's there to play

If his other choice is retire- “get paid 7 figures, hang out doing what I love with some friends, and mentor some guys” isn’t terrible. He will see the field but not any meaningful way without injuries.

Well at least they are trying.

You have to give them credit for recognizing how many great players they have on rookie contracts, and giving themselves a couple year sb window.

They were going to lose alot of their talent in a couple years anyway, so why not go sign a hof QB and all his buddies in hopes to get a lombardi before the window closes.

Personally, like I have mentioned before; I think this is just what the Bills needed to toughen up after last year's slow, slippery slide from basically the regular season chiefs game all the way to a dismantling by Bengals. Time to get up for real competition. No more gimmes

14 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Nice, they missed the playoffs with all these guys last year with a much worse OL and will do it again this year.

Rodgers isn't ready for the dropoff in OL pass blocking... no one is talking about this, but it is significant.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Pretty close to the truth actually. Only Randall "Tex" Cobb was a whole lot more than that..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_"Tex"_Cobb

That Randall Cobb wasn't very talented, but he was one of the toughest SOBs ever seen on television.   That man could take a beating!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

That Randall Cobb wasn't very talented, but he was one of the toughest SOBs ever seen on television.   That man could take a beating!

Had a pretty good record in combat sports. Was always able to pull off the "dumb bad guy" henchmen role. Pretty sure he didn't have to do much "acting" there lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Had a pretty good record in combat sports. Was always able to pull off the "dumb bad guy" henchmen role. Pretty sure he didn't have to do much "acting" there lol. 

I vaguely remember that.  Mostly I remember the Holmes fight when he was absolutely brutalized and yet kept coming back for 15 rounds.  His pain tolerance and idiotic stubbornness were off-the-charts.  The fight was so one-sided, bloody, and barbaric that Howard Cosell quit working boxing matches.

Despite the stupidity of it, I admired Cobb's never-quit toughness.    

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.