The Ravens’ LB Patrick Queen is rumored to be a trade candidate.

Tipster19

I would love to see the Bills make a trade for him. I checked what the Ravens are still in need of and DT was one of the positions of need. Now that the Bills signed Poona Ford could Ed Oliver be expendable in some kind trade for Queen? I don’t know what would be fair compensation in a trade scenario involving these 2 but I’m not against the concept if it were to materialize. 

• Vomit 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I would love to see the Bills make a trade for him. I checked what the Ravens are still in need of and DT was one of the positions of need. Now that the Bills signed Poona Ford could Ed Oliver be expendable in some kind trade for Queen? I don’t know what would be fair compensation in a trade scenario involving these 2 but I’m not against the concept if it were to materialize. 

Ah, a fresh way to work in a "trade Oliver" chant.  Awesome work.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 9

I doubt he’s actually available. 
He wants a contract, they definitely aren’t paying him. All that said similar to Oliver, best case for them is queen to have a career year, get a big free agent deal and reap the comp pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He was terrible until they traded for Smith to play beside him.  

I wanted us to draft him, but he severely underperformed.  

Pretty much like Oliver. Once any combination of Von, Daquan or Phillips got hurt he was invisible.

Nope. He was a disaster in Baltimore. Hence the huge trade and pay for Smith. He was a 1 season wonder coming out. Suddenly played like a 1st rounder on that amazing LSU run having looked like a day 3 guy the rest of his college career. I think we can now make a pretty safe assumption about which was the abberation.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve certainly posted my share of “trade Oliver for …”, but I’m definitely not trading a contract year underperforming yet talented DT for a contract year underperforming yet talented LB. 

If Oliver booms, that’s of way more significance for us than if Queen came here and had a great year. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

Adding Ford and trading away Oliver leaves you right back where you started. Why (assuming another team would take on his contract) would you weaken your DLine?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I don’t like the idea of moving Ed in general especially to the ravens. Strong chance we meet them again the playoffs and I don’t want an extra motivated Oliver on the other side.  Let big Ed ride out the year and take the comp pick if he can’t be resigned imo. 

now Ed to Arizona for Hopkins maybe that’s a deal I might consider.  

i do think the staff feels comfortable with what they have at backer for better or worse.  

Edited by Mynamemike

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’ve certainly posted my share of “trade Oliver for …”, but I’m definitely not trading a contract year underperforming yet talented DT for a contract year underperforming yet talented LB. 

If Oliver booms, that’s of way more significance for us than if Queen came here and had a great year. 

Genuine question- why do you want the bills to trade Oliver? I see it a lot.

The way I see it:

Is he great? No but he’s still a descent to good starting 3 tech.

I get trading him would save you almost 11 mil, but then you are just leaving a gaping hole when it comes to a penetrating 3 tech.

Like if you trade Oliver, what would be your plan with the 11 mil in cap space? 

Edited by BillsFan130

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Genuine question- why do you want the bills to trade Oliver? I see it a lot.

The way I see it:

Is he great? No but he’s still a descent to good starting 3 tech.

I get trading him would save you almost 11 mil, but then you are just leaving a gaping hole when it comes to a penetrating 3 tech.

Like if you trade Oliver, what would be your plan with the 11 mil in cap space? 

1. Trade Oliver

2. ?????

3. Profit

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Meaning the clueless trade Oliver clan has no realistic plan.  

Hahah ahh gotcha.

Ya I don’t see the reason behind it, just genuinely curious why people want to trade him.

I can’t see a scenario where it would make the team better if they traded him 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.