Why AI doesn't work for NFL mascots

Guffalo

32 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Agree - like 1000x better than Billy Buffalo

First pre-season game pit this mascot against Billy in a cage death match at halftime.  Billy Buffalo must die

It reminds me of the one that they used in the benny the butcher music video.

badassbill.thumb.JPG.01d4f7980bdbb10ee0f92b64e564bb38.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

The Eagles one is great. So is Billy Buffalo 2. It's funny how good some of them are and how just oddly crap other are. The NBA ones too. I like the Suns one the Bucks came out well too. It seemed that the more odd your team name was the more the AI struggled with a concept. See also the Browns and the 49ers.

The eyes on all of then seem to have quite a lot of Gritty influence

as im sure many of you know, AI isn't intelligence of any kind but simply Statistics applied to lots of things.

what i like about this, or the drake AI song that got put on spotify, is how indistinguishable these things are from the corporate gobblygook that we are constantly force fed.  Literally mathematical proof that the execs, creatives, and corporate warriors in all of these places can be replaced with a common implementation of basic "AI" because they really are just parrots and empty cyphering brown nosers.

I live and work on Los Angeles in the motion picture industry (currently shut down for the writer's strike), and there's a lot of concern for how AI is going to affect the industry, and how many jobs it's going to swallow up.

Someone had an AI program come up with a beer commercial, (link below). For context, this commercial is 100% AI produced-- no director, no writers, no editors, no actors, no locations, no camera, and no other guidance other than "make a beer commercial." It's horrifying. Even without any context at all it's horrifying. But the really scary thing is that this is the technology moving forward. As bad, and bizarre as this thing is, the tech only gets better from here, and it's not going away.

I may need to retire.

https://www.facebook.com/ssavaart/videos/a-beer-ad-made-100-with-ai/125824877154560/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.