1,076 Yards, TE Rookie Record = 1961

Mikie2times

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Answer: No. to me that’s an argument made by older fans to try and hold onto something. It’s the same thing as when people say “when men played like men.” 
If he breaks the rookie record it doesn’t matter how many games he played. Elite athletes back in Ditka’s time had a major advantage that todays players don’t. They weren’t always going up against other elite athletes. If Kincaid breaks it now, he’s doing it against much tougher competition so doing it in more games kinda washes each other out 

Never really thought of it that way it does put a totally different spin on my thoughts that i put in my reply & you make a very good point sir ...

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

With a minimum number of games played in a season to qualify.

Remember when we weren't even on the yards per punt charts due to lack of participation?  Good times.

I think it should just be average yards per games in season. Total yards/17 games weather you play them all or not.

availability matters.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Most overrated coach of all time.  Only one Super Bowl win and appearance with that defense is pathetic.  Horrible coaching job with the Saints.  Hell of a player though.

Most overrated coach of all time.  Not even one Super Bowl win with that offense is pathetic.  Horrible coaching job with the Chiefs too.  Hell of a historian though.  (Guess who?)

8 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I always thought this was one of the more remarkable stats in NFL lore. With the massive advancement in the passing game and more games being played, 62 years later, Mike Ditka STILL holds the record for TE receiving yards by a rookie at 1,076. Kyle Pitts would have broken the record if it wasn't for injury. Kyle Pitts was also one of the best TE prospects of all time. To think about how many elite TE's the league has seen the last 62 years. It really is remarkable that this record has held up. Do we think Kincaid has a chance?  

No

It’s very hard for a TE to transition to the NFL they have a lot to learn in a short period of time with that being said I believe Kincaid gets around 800yds at best with 7TDs . I fully expect him to play around 60% of the snaps and that won’t be enough to get him to around 1100yds . The Bills will use a bunch of different formations this yr and I also expect Harty, Sherfield , Hines, Cook & Harris to be featured as well in this offense. 

I predict Kincaid averages around 6 targets per game that’s 102 targets total he’ll catch about 70 balls at around 11yds per catch for about 770yds that would be a great rookie yr for him or any TE for that matter. I also believe his impact on this offense will be much more then just stats he will open this up for everyone and he’s gonna be a first down machine. 

1 hour ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Most overrated coach of all time.  Not even one Super Bowl win with that offense is pathetic.  Horrible coaching job with the Chiefs too.  Hell of a historian though.  (Guess who?)

Ditka and Levy are both overrated.  Levy made it to four straight Super Bowls though which has never been done before or since.  Ditka won one and then Buddy Ryan left.  Then he went 15-33 with the Saints before getting the ax.

10 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I always thought this was one of the more remarkable stats in NFL lore. With the massive advancement in the passing game and more games being played, 62 years later, Mike Ditka STILL holds the record for TE receiving yards by a rookie at 1,076. Kyle Pitts would have broken the record if it wasn't for injury. Kyle Pitts was also one of the best TE prospects of all time. To think about how many elite TE's the league has seen the last 62 years. It really is remarkable that this record has held up. Do we think Kincaid has a chance?  

Yes and Rookie of the Year also!

10 hours ago, LEBills said:

I think it’s actually possible. I think he has 3 more games than Ditka did. Also, Kincaid has a winning combination of being a great receiver, the team not concerned about him being a good blocker and an excellent QB and passing offense. 

He won't sniff 1000 yards with Diggs on this team 

• Eyeroll 1

If he broke the record (which he won't even get half way there) it would be because he never lines up as TE. People need to stop calling this guy a TE. The asterisk would be needed not be needed because of the number of games but it would be needed because he really isn't a TE. 

And in fact if he turns out to be successful when his next contract is due his agent will argue he should be getting 5th year extension based off of a WR not a TE. 

13 hours ago, KzooMike said:

No shot unless Diggs misses a considerable amount of time.  

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Most overrated coach of all time.  Only one Super Bowl win and appearance with that defense is pathetic.  Horrible coaching job with the Saints.  Hell of a player though.

He was the head coach of one of the most dominant teams in history and won a super bowl.  I wouldn't put him on mount rushmore, but 7 10 win seasons in 11 years in chicago is pretty good.  

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

When the Bills throws to a tight end more then 5 times per game it's time for a big ass  party. 

He won’t be playing the classic TE position. He’ll be more of a slot receiver. With that said there is very little chance of him breaking 1000 yards. If he gets 600 with 6 TDS I’d be very happy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.