Bills are grandpa's based on average roster age.

Chaos

The range from youngest to oldest average roster age is pretty narrow in the NFL.  But Bills fans over the years have grown accustomed to the idea that the Bills are young.  All of sudden we are grandpas. Key players like hyde poyer miller are pretty old. And they all have mileage.  When you average it out among the  AFC elite the Bills are the grandpas, the chiefs are the dads, and the Bengals are the kids. 

image.thumb.png.b0b3cf5017d477df02b8d7e18912517c.png

image.thumb.png.139f38c0294f176838b90e71bcd996f0.png

image.thumb.png.3f04b63bd1c7605f06ad8c18ac8a775c.png

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Not sure it matters.  But something I noticed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Less than a year older than the 29th average aged Titans. Doesn’t seem to much of a concern to Me

it’s all about composition of the number. 

a full year across 80 guys could be all your starters on average 4 years older, and depth about the same age for instance. Or like 8-10 starters that are 8-10 years older. 

or it could be most guys just 1 year older

As a stand alone it’s only of minor concern but a full year across a decent sized population in a tightly packed age group could certainly become noteworthy as you break it down. 

Edited by NoSaint

Yeah but the Jets are the second oldest and haven’t you heard? they’re going to win the Super Bowl this year…

AFC East — the hardest division in football or the geriatric ward? 

34 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Von Poyer and Hyde skew that number alone. Plus Murray if he was counted in this. The rest of the roster are in their mid to later 20s pretty much. 

and Daquan and Morse and Martin… diggs turning 30

where I think it’s not terrible is I don’t care much about Martin being old and depth guys like quess, mancz, and Barkley likely don’t even make the 53 and I’m guessing a lot of teams aren’t carrying 33 year old OL12, OL13, RB4 and QB3 at the moment 

6 minutes ago, Lost said:

I have a hard time believing the Jets are Older on average than the Bills.   Aaron Rodgers must really skew the numbers for them. 

they also have a 35 year old kicker, like 40 year old punter, a mid 30s OT…

their star playmakers (outside Rodgers) are young but they have a lot of aging role players. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.