Would you want Beane to sign Isaiah Wynn?

GreggTX

I think he would want to much cash to fit under the cap & it may cost the development of a younger player going forward, I think we are in a better place this season than last when it comes tot he O line .

4 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

They are very committed to Brown. I think it's partly because they truly believe in him and partly because they're stubbornly doubling down on that investment. I'd love to see a guy like Wynn come in but I'm doubting it. And I trust Beane but everyone has misses here and there.

I agree.  It could be their downfall as a FO

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Of course I'd take him. But Isaiah Wynn isn't signing somewhere to not start. And while Beane may want some insurance behind Brown in case of injury or poor performance, he's not looking to outright replace Brown. 

Wynn is also available now because he's looking for big money. Something we're also not going to do.

So if we were to sign another OT, it would be someone else. I'd look at someone like George Fant or Cameron Fleming as the best possible scenario.

Wynn seems very comfortable articulating his financial requirements. 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Logic said:

It seems like the Bills have been trying to find a long term answer at RT since Jesus was a boy.

With the 9th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Bryan Bulaga, T, Iowa.  Except it came out as CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson.:wallbash:

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yes, that's his legit account and he unfortunately unironically tweeted that. The tweet is probably another reason why he's still out there. Not a smart move.

https://nesn.com/2023/03/patriots-isaiah-wynn-sets-free-agency-price-with-bizarre-tweet/

Does anyone here speak jive? 

Classic Tv June GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

Brown/Doyle/Bates isn't ideal but I can live with it for this season.  You can't upgrade every position in one season and whoever plays RT will hopefully benefit from improved interior OL play.  I wouldn't mind a veteran if Beane can find someone for vet minimum but wouldn't want to pay $5mil for someone like Wynn.  

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

What I like about Brown is what he has NOT and did NOT do!

He didn't play his last  year in college as school canceled program due to Covid

He did not have a full rookie off season as thing were still not at 100% due to Covid changes

He didn't play every game as rookie as got hurt mid way through year, believe it was his back and may have been playing a bit hurt late in the season

He didn't have any off season his 2nd year due to rehabbing from back surgery.

He hasn't yet played 3 NFL seasons

He didn't have the same O line coach the last three years he played, two in the NFL and last year of college

He didn't have the same lineman playing next to him the past two season which for an inexperienced player to start with takes some time getting  use to.

These are a few things that he didn't do.  Ad them all up and you have a player that really no one knows what he can do.  Really need one more full season to see what he is capable of  and everyone who says how terrible he is, really have no idea.  These are probably many of the same who wanted to get rid of Tyler Bass after about 4 games, Dawson Knox being another.

Beane and McDermott have a pretty good idea.

12 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’d rather get one of the remaining veteran pass rushers.

I don’t think the Bills are moving off Spencer Brown whatsoever. 

So save the money on Wynn and see if you can get Melvin Ingram or Justin Houston. 

What money?

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

What I like about Brown is what he has NOT and did NOT do!

He didn't play his last  year in college as school canceled program due to Covid

He did not have a full rookie off season as thing were still not at 100% due to Covid changes

He didn't play every game as rookie as got hurt mid way through year, believe it was his back and may have been playing a bit hurt late in the season

He didn't have any off season his 2nd year due to rehabbing from back surgery.

He hasn't yet played 3 NFL seasons

He didn't have the same O line coach the last three years he played, two in the NFL and last year of college

He didn't have the same lineman playing next to him the past two season which for an inexperienced player to start with takes some time getting  use to.

These are a few things that he didn't do.  Ad them all up and you have a player that really no one knows what he can do.  Really need one more full season to see what he is capable of  and everyone who says how terrible he is, really have no idea.  These are probably many of the same who wanted to get rid of Tyler Bass after about 4 games, Dawson Knox being another.

I don’t think anyone is clamouring for Brown to be gone, and yes we see those valid points. But I think the majority of Bills fans want to see someone brought in for some healthy competition 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

He's a mediocre G and you want him on the outside? Do you even like Josh Allen?

Do you think he would do any worse than Brown last year? Doubt it.

But as to the topic of this thread, I'm all for signing Wynn to what I assume would be a 1 yead deal on the cheap at this point.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, DJB said:

I don’t think anyone is clamouring for Brown to be gone, and yes we see those valid points. But I think the majority of Bills fans want to see someone brought in for some healthy competition 

I think many do want him gone and have zero confidence that he'll ever be any good when you read comments either in this post or others.  Agree bringing is some competition is fine, but many want him replaced and that is without much merit.

From this thread alone:

when he eventually sucks this season.

stubbornly doubling down on that investment

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

But as to the topic of this thread, I'm all for signing Wynn to what I assume would be a 1 yead deal on the cheap at this point.

I would have to say yes, he'd be worse than Spencer Brown and he's undersized at 6'4" 304 lbs. but for the most part I was just busting your chops. 

18 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They would likely kick Bates outside. He can play any position on the line and started at RT before for the Bills.

That makes a lot of sense.  We have a lot of guys at Guard right now.  And if Brown is struggling this summer, they had better put someone else at RT to compete.

19 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I think Daryl Williams had one good season (or was that at guard?) and Spencer Brown had a decent rookie season.  But, correct that we have not found a long-term answer.

Williams had a good season at RT when he was on a 1-year "prove it" deal. Then the Bills paid him and he lost the RT job to Brown. He bounced inside to guard and Bills cut him after the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.