Poona Ford signing with the Bills

mathja

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Wouldn't there be the third option of play out 5th year, let him sign elsewhere as a UFA, and get comp pick like we did with Tremaine?

Sure. Especially if you’re not getting any offers of a 3rd round pick or better. I like that cap space though. I think they’re going to extend Jones at some point creating some space. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm really excited about this signing, and this is the kind of stuff the Bills should have been doing all along instead of being so draft heavy on defense.

This guy is a wrecker in a 4-3 and is gonna be great in the DT rotation. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

5 legit starting DTs on the roster. Phillips does have injury history and Settle underperformed last year so maybe they just want the depth.

Beane will trade Settle for a 6th - get all the 6ths

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s a valid question.  Their DL was meh last year, but they just switched over to a 3-4 last year … a DL full of 4-3 guys definitely didn’t excel in the new scheme.  

In their previous 4-3, Poona was a beast. 

They also were forced to play him at DE, which isn't his position, due to injuries. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Jones and Poona at 1T and Phillips and Settle and 3T. There is zero reason to be burning $10M in cap on Ed Oliver and then watching him walk next year. Bills have to move him and use the money elsewhere.

Disagree. I’m no Oliver fan. But you get him at a below market 10 M, in a contract year for him. He plays well. We get a 3 or 4th comp pick. He plays insanely well. You resign him 

no one is trading for him on a 5th year deal. He hasn’t shown enough. He has no value right now 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, balln said:

Disagree. I’m no Oliver fan. But you get him at a below market 10 M, in a contract year for him. He plays well. We get a 3 or 4th comp pick. He plays insanely well. You resign him 

no one is trading for him on a 5th year deal. He hasn’t shown enough. He has no value right now 

His value is diminished due to his contract. But we play out the year. Next year we are free of the contract. Why not use his talent while he’s here? Similar to TE. The only value he would have is on the DHop trade where we swap contracts and players. Offsetting the huge DHop contract -10m. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sure. Especially if you’re not getting any offers of a 3rd round pick or better. I like that cap space though. I think they’re going to extend Jones at some point creating some space. 

We have plenty of ways to create cap space without making the Dline worse.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Don’t disagree.  Give me all the big violent people.  

Melvin Ingram is violent.  Beane must be tired of seeing him on the other team causing havoc.....right?

He would have ended the Divisional at KC by himself if the QB wasn't Allen.  He was constantly in the backfield.  He was also a major reason we lost at Miami last season

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Melvin Ingram is violent.  Beane must be tired of seeing him on the other team causing havoc.....right?

He would have ended the Divisional at KC by himself if the QB wasn't Allen.  He was constantly in the backfield.  He was also a major reason we lost at Miami last season

I thought Ingram was totally washed… until he became an absolute terror against us. If that is the version we would be getting, I would be on board.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.