Poona Ford signing with the Bills

mathja

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

Not sure what to tell you if you're unable to evaluate an individual player even though he played on a unit that wasn't good as a whole. 

I was fired as an NFL scout years ago, glad you kept on the job though. Proud of you. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

3-4 scheme, and Poona Ford has excelled in a 4-3.  

Also, I have yet to see a Seahawks fan that isn’t upset he’s gone. 

Appreciate the explanation. Hoping he adds a spark. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Can you sell me on Oliver?  I really want to think his production is good, minus the stat sheet.  I was jumping for joy when we drafted him and now I'm just meh on him.

Is it inconsistency?  Lack of a good big man next to him?

He does a really good job in trenches and that is hard to quantify. You don’t see him getting crushed in the run game and splits double teams in the zone game. I think coaching and his usage has not helped him. They should move him around to create mismatches. In a gap attacking defense he seems to take on a lot of blockers all of the time. Where he is lacking, and where he can take it to the next level is he needs to use his quickness more.

Some players are selfish on the dline, leave everyone else out to dry to get their’s. you’ve probably heard stories about JJ Watt being that type…he got his but his teams always sucked, he didn’t do the dirty work. Oliver doesn’t do that. He plays good team defense, and that is what Beane is talking about when he talks about things that don’t show up on the stat sheet. If he played for “him” he would have more sacks and splash plays. He plays a very disciplined form of football. It’s on the coaches to unleash him more imo. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

I was fired as an NFL scout years ago, glad you kept on the job though. Proud of you. 

Appreciate the explanation. Hoping he adds a spark. 

It’s a valid question.  Their DL was meh last year, but they just switched over to a 3-4 last year … a DL full of 4-3 guys definitely didn’t excel in the new scheme.  

In their previous 4-3, Poona was a beast. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

It’s a valid question.  Their DL was meh last year, but they just switched over to a 3-4 last year … a DL full of 4-3 guys definitely didn’t excel in the new scheme.  

In their previous 4-3, Poona was a beast. 

I thought so to but you never know, asking a question these days is tantamount to being a moron - which I am not saying I am not. 😄

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No dead cap if traded.

They have to sign him or trade him.

Wouldn't there be the third option of play out 5th year, let him sign elsewhere as a UFA, and get comp pick like we did with Tremaine?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Not to be the turd in the punch bowl, but we are excited about a DT that Seattle didn't re-sign even though their defense was deplorable.

Other than that super excited. 

By checking the Seahawk blogs they felt he was great in the 4-3 D early in his tenure.Was not as effective in 3-4. I general felt he was solid and most felt it was a loss. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Stunned they got him but what a huge signing. Now let’s reel in DHop. I wonder what we have offered AZ, if anything yet. Would a 3rd and 6th do it?

Hell, we have like 14 6th rounders. Send ‘em all of those!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.