Poona Ford signing with the Bills

mathja

41 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Stunned they got him but what a huge signing. Now let’s reel in DHop. I wonder what we have offered AZ, if anything yet. Would a 3rd and 6th do it?

If they land DHop with all the other pieces they’ve added, the burden fully shifts to McDermott and Dorsey to game plan and utilize all the weapons they have.

Cardinals refuse to eat any of his money. They told him they would only trade him if he agreed to take a pay cut. There is NO reason for a 31 year old WR to take a pay cut. He is back in AZ to earn his money and I don't blame him for it. 

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Genuinely asking, why do you feel that way? Seems like this is a defensive player that the Bills had their eye on since the early stages of free agency. Either way I like the deal.

Because it's what he wants and that's literally it. If we signed a punter he would be saying it was a precursor to shedding salary to sign Nuk. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Oliver is excellent and I think this signing will help him. 

Can you sell me on Oliver?  I really want to think his production is good, minus the stat sheet.  I was jumping for joy when we drafted him and now I'm just meh on him.

Is it inconsistency?  Lack of a good big man next to him?

I have to say that Beane clearly recognizes the same deficiencies that most fans do. He might not get it done in the exact order everyone on here wants him to…but he definitely has a plan. No telling whether it all works but it’s clearly not random. 
Go Bills 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Not to be the turd in the punch bowl, but we are excited about a DT that Seattle didn't re-sign even though their defense was deplorable.

Other than that super excited. 

3-4 scheme, and Poona Ford has excelled in a 4-3.  

Also, I have yet to see a Seahawks fan that isn’t upset he’s gone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Not to be the turd in the punch bowl, but we are excited about a DT that Seattle didn't re-sign even though their defense was deplorable.

Not sure what to tell you if you're unable to evaluate an individual player even though he played on a unit that wasn't good as a whole. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Poona is a good middle 34NT that most people do not value; but people know this guy. he will be a solid addition.

edit

i think he can come in on a 43 defense and contribute.

we play 3-2 and 4-2. in this case, i think a lot can be done if we run a 4-3 with poona in the middle. especially because we use a de like an outside LB.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.