Beane: “working on at least 2 veteran UFA’s”

Warriorspikes51

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

We have an advantage being an east coast team.  Some teams have to wait 3 hours while we sign these guys.

Huh?  The deadline is ET - so the W coast teams start at the same time, it's just earlier on the clock for them.

46 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’d take a shot on some younger guys. Greg Little could be good competition at the swing tackle. He’s somehow only 25. PFF hates him. 

Oshane Ximines can get to the QB. Not great in coverage and all the things the Giants asked him to do. Hand in the ground, I think he has upside. Just 26. 

In terms of vets I’d be interesting in one of Yannick Ngakoue, Melvin Ingram, or Frank Clark. Yannick is my favorite as he is productive without a lot of playing time and is only 28 and a former Diggs teammate at Maryland. 

At TE maybe this is finally the year for old pal and obsessive target former message board hero Jesse James. He did play for Penn State. 

As many have mentioned, Poona Ford and Matt Ioannidas are pretty good fits on the DL. 

At LB its the same cast of characters…Deion Jones, Myles Jack, Zach Cunnigham, Rashaan Evans. Not sure than any are huge upgrades over what is in the building but competition is always good. 

I would be trying to work trades for guys who had their 5th year option rejected who have fallen out of favor. In another post I mentioned Kenneth Murray. He was a pre draft visitor here and he badly needs a change of scenery. He is a great fit for for what we do and would be a really nice fit at the mike spot. I would call the Niners on Javon Kinlaw. Maybe they would be interested in one of our extra interior linemen, or one of those extra sixth rounders. I am guessing Jacksonville will reject K’Lavon Chiasson’s option as well. That’s the market I would look to to make cheap additions of guys with something to prove. 

A guy to keep an eye on at DT in the Bills future is Arik Armstead.   Had an injury plagued year and a big production drop-off so I wouldn't be totally shocked if the 49ers cut bait rather than pay his base salary.   He met a girl in Buffalo after a 49ers/Bills game and subsequently married into a family of Bills fans.  If he changes teams in the next 10-11 months I could see him coming to the Bills.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’d take a shot on some younger guys. Greg Little could be good competition at the swing tackle. He’s somehow only 25. PFF hates him. 

Oshane Ximines can get to the QB. Not great in coverage and all the things the Giants asked him to do. Hand in the ground, I think he has upside. Just 26. 

In terms of vets I’d be interesting in one of Yannick Ngakoue, Melvin Ingram, or Frank Clark. Yannick is my favorite as he is productive without a lot of playing time and is only 28 and a former Diggs teammate at Maryland. 

At TE maybe this is finally the year for old pal and obsessive target former message board hero Jesse James. He did play for Penn State. 

As many have mentioned, Poona Ford and Matt Ioannidas are pretty good fits on the DL. 

At LB its the same cast of characters…Deion Jones, Myles Jack, Zach Cunnigham, Rashaan Evans. Not sure than any are huge upgrades over what is in the building but competition is always good. 

I would be trying to work trades for guys who had their 5th year option rejected who have fallen out of favor. In another post I mentioned Kenneth Murray. He was a pre draft visitor here and he badly needs a change of scenery. He is a great fit for for what we do and would be a really nice fit at the mike spot. I would call the Niners on Javon Kinlaw. Maybe they would be interested in one of our extra interior linemen, or one of those extra sixth rounders. I am guessing Jacksonville will reject K’Lavon Chiasson’s option as well. That’s the market I would look to to make cheap additions of guys with something to prove. 

Is Ioannidis available ?

I am slightly confused by the defensive tackle thing. Isn't the issue less about numbers at the position this year and more about not having any under contract for next year (so facing yet another total makeover of the spot which no doubt will involve Beane spending all of his FA pennies there)? So how does signing a vet to a 1 year deal help? 

The attraction to drafting a guy was a cheap 4 year deal. An expensive 1 year deal makes less sense to me, even if they end up cutting Tim Settle.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

makes sense, he went to Syracuse. He’s also had least 500 yards rushing every year since 2015.  

only 12 games with Broncos last year had 700 yards and 5Tds

6’3 230 one of the most underappreciated big backs in recent memory. 

I’d love this signing. If Cook or Harris is hurt, Murray is a solid starter. He could also be active on gameday for goaline carries

Can he play MLB? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.