Beane: “working on at least 2 veteran UFA’s”

Warriorspikes51

26 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

makes sense, he went to Syracuse. He’s also had least 500 yards rushing every year since 2015.  

only 12 games with Broncos last year had 700 yards and 5Tds

6’3 230 one of the most underappreciated big backs in recent memory. 

I’d love this signing. If Cook or Harris is hurt, Murray is a solid starter. He could also be active on gameday for goaline carries

He is also a great teammate with no ego. He could become the practice squad vet running back like he was in Denver and NO until he was needed. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He made a similar comment yesterday regarding the DL. I’d guess DT, DE and Latavius Murray

Who I want: Ingram, Donkey Kong Suh

Who we’ll get: Ngakoue, Poona Ford

I have zero inside info,  but I could see Ngokoue.  I know we made inquiries the last time he was available as he’s bounced a bit.  He’s a solid pass rusher, but not so much setting the edge against the rush.  We have Lawson for that in 1st and sometimes 2nd down which is where he shines.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t really know.

But we’ve been linked to Yannick Ngakoue in the past and they tend to sign players they’ve tried to sign in the past.

Gottya by 3 min. Stampede my friend.  Well written and I agree.  If you saw what I wrote he is a good pass rusher, but would benefit from rotating with Lawson who’s been great against the rush for the last few years.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I know they had also talked to Yannick Ngakoue and Rashaan Evans which would both fill needs. But right now we are at just under $5 million in cap space and that's before signing our draft class.

Extend DaQuan. Sign those 2 and Murray. Although Evans would make the 3rd round pick even more upsetting. Could have really shored up the OL

There were reports at the start of FA that the Bills were interested in RT Brandon Shell.  I'm guessing it'll be him, Murray and a cheap DT (not Poona Ford, I'm thinking he wants way more than what the Bills can offer).

Would be extremely surprised to see any big name DEs like Floyd, Clark or Ngakoue sign with us, all can command much bigger contracts elsewhere.

I’d take a shot on some younger guys. Greg Little could be good competition at the swing tackle. He’s somehow only 25. PFF hates him. 

Oshane Ximines can get to the QB. Not great in coverage and all the things the Giants asked him to do. Hand in the ground, I think he has upside. Just 26. 

In terms of vets I’d be interesting in one of Yannick Ngakoue, Melvin Ingram, or Frank Clark. Yannick is my favorite as he is productive without a lot of playing time and is only 28 and a former Diggs teammate at Maryland. 

At TE maybe this is finally the year for old pal and obsessive target former message board hero Jesse James. He did play for Penn State. 

As many have mentioned, Poona Ford and Matt Ioannidas are pretty good fits on the DL. 

At LB its the same cast of characters…Deion Jones, Myles Jack, Zach Cunnigham, Rashaan Evans. Not sure than any are huge upgrades over what is in the building but competition is always good. 

I would be trying to work trades for guys who had their 5th year option rejected who have fallen out of favor. In another post I mentioned Kenneth Murray. He was a pre draft visitor here and he badly needs a change of scenery. He is a great fit for for what we do and would be a really nice fit at the mike spot. I would call the Niners on Javon Kinlaw. Maybe they would be interested in one of our extra interior linemen, or one of those extra sixth rounders. I am guessing Jacksonville will reject K’Lavon Chiasson’s option as well. That’s the market I would look to to make cheap additions of guys with something to prove. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How about DJ Fluker for RT?

DJ Fluker hasn't played a game since 2020. I don't care how good he looks lifting weights. 3 years removed from NFL ball and being a marginal talent when he was playing then (including being suspended 6 games in 2021 when he was last in the league not on an active roster), he's a bring them into camp to see if there's anything there, bottom of the roster with no expectations type of pickup at this point.

I'd be looking at George Fant at OT. You can bring Fluker into camp, but he's not something you rely on and we need a sure thing to go along with Dawkins, Brown, and Quessenberry.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I know they had also talked to Yannick Ngakoue and Rashaan Evans which would both fill needs. But right now we are at just under $5 million in cap space and that's before signing our draft class.

I'd expect an extension to Jones and/or Oliver to come in the near future to give us some more space. I see no way Beane goes into this season with his entire depth chart of DT's on the last year of their deals.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

At this point, I'd like to see them add someone like Justin Houston or Melvin Ingram to help with the pass rush. 

Melvin Ingram is solid. I’d love to add him. 

1 hour ago, akcash said:

Vincent Taylor and Myles Jack

Myles Jack is a FA?!?! He would be a great pick up 

31 minutes ago, BillsGuyInMalta said:

There were reports at the start of FA that the Bills were interested in RT Brandon Shell.  I'm guessing it'll be him, Murray and a cheap DT (not Poona Ford, I'm thinking he wants way more than what the Bills can offer).

Would be extremely surprised to see any big name DEs like Floyd, Clark or Ngakoue sign with us, all can command much bigger contracts elsewhere.

Shell would be solid.

As for a big name DE and them commanding bigger contracts, there's so many of them and if they could all command bigger contracts - they'd have gotten them by now.

1 or 2 of them are going to have to settle for what they can get. Frank Clark is a no go though. He's great on the field but an absolute trash human being.

Leonard Floyd would be my ideal choice.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

15 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Roster seems fine as is, but hey, knock yourself out

Beane definitely does not think that’s the case. 

He was wildly transparent about wanting to address DT. 

37 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Extend DaQuan. Sign those 2 and Murray. Although Evans would make the 3rd round pick even more upsetting. Could have really shored up the OL

I wouldn’t mind Ngakoue but pass on the other 2. Murray doesn’t add anything that they don’t already have (i also don’t want to see more money spent on running backs) and I don’t think Evans is getting a spot over any of the current linebackers 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He is also a great teammate with no ego. He could become the practice squad vet running back like he was in Denver and NO until he was needed. 

Yeah I don't see him as a guy who receives one of those $1.7M deals with $500K plus in guarantees.........but I think he gets the vet min and some assurance that he gets a PS spot.   I don't think that's one of the UFA's Beane is referring to.   I think those are both DL.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Melvin Ingram is solid. I’d love to add him. 

Myles Jack is a FA?!?! He would be a great pick up 

Yeah I wasn't sure I've heard mixed things. But heard on Arthur Moats show he was the best LB for Pitt before he got a groin injury last year. 

Said he didn't have any splash plays but I'm not worried about that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.