Beane: “working on at least 2 veteran UFA’s”

Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

What makes you think the Jets' outcomes are much broader than the Bills? 

I'd argue their defense with Saleh will keep them in every game. Perhaps the best D in the AFC.

Their biggest weakness on offense was their QB situation. Whether you like Rodgers or not he's clearly a huge upgrade. Their WR core is solid and a healthy Breece Hall makes them better. Rodgers has plenty of weapons. He doesn't have to be Superman. 

The Bills have some big question marks in the trenches. Will the new additions improve the oline? Can Brown improve or will he continue to be a liability? 

Will Kincaid be a bonifide weapon as a rookie? Besides Diggs who steps up as a solid WR? 

Can the Bills generate a solid and consistent pass rush? Is the dline  vulnerable to physical play? 

Will Allen be careless with the ball? Will the Bills struggle in the redzone? 

What kind of OC will Dorsey be? Do you trust his play calling skills and ability to reign in Allen need be? Will he use all his skill players? Will he run the ball consistently and it effectively? Will they run 12 or 11.5 schemes effectively? 

The Bills have a difficult schedule and the upgrades the Jets and Miami made are significant. The division appears to be a dogfight. I don't believe there is a lot of seperatiob between the teams. 

I give the Bills the slight edge merely because of Allen. However, besides Allen and Diggs the Bills roster really lacks difference makers and game changers. Who knows if that's significant? 

I think the Jets and Miami are well prepared to dethrone the Bills. Who knows if they can get there? I would not be surprised one bit if either of thoses teams win the AFC. 

The thought that the Jets or Miami are vastly inferior to the Bills no longer exists. Folks, the gap has significantly closed and the Bills have to be better in order to win the division and advance deep in the playoffs. Will they regress, improve, or continue the status quo? 

Thus far, the Bills have managed nice regular season records only to fizzle out come playoff time. It's a pretty consistent theme for years under the current regime. What will we see this season? 

I've already said why.........the Jets haven't made the playoffs in 12 years and finished last in the AFC East in 2022 and teams that have defense's that go from worst to first typically have huge dropoffs the following year.    The Jets had the healthiest defense in football last year after having the 4th most injured defense the year prior.   It will be hard for them to repeat that success.    Their QB is turning 40 this season and is coming off his worst season as a pro and his commitment to the game is highly suspect.   

The Bills have the highest point differential in the NFL over the past 2 seasons.   We know exactly what they are capable of and they've won the division 3 straight years, gone on the road and beaten SB contenders and won close games in high pressure situations.    And perhaps most importantly........they have the best QB in the division.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've already said why.........the Jets haven't made the playoffs in 12 years and finished last in the AFC East in 2022 and teams that have defense's that go from worst to first typically have huge dropoffs the following year.    The Jets had the healthiest defense in football last year after having the 4th most injured defense the year prior.   It will be hard for them to repeat that success.    Their QB is turning 40 this season and is coming off his worst season as a pro and his commitment to the game is highly suspect.   

The Bills have the highest point differential in the NFL over the past 2 seasons.   We know exactly what they are capable of and they've won the division 3 straight years, gone on the road and beaten SB contenders and won close games in high pressure situations.    And perhaps most importantly........they have the best QB in the division.

Fair post. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

we have already seen how the Bills responded to being a favorite the past two seasons.

Yeah, but it might be nice to see a little more self-control and a little less trying to kamikaze everything that moves in the 1st qrtr of week 2. 

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think he is a difference maker

However, I see both sides of this. What if the amount he is asking for actually hurts the franchise long-term.

What if Kansas City acquires him pays a ransom and then they don’t win the Super Bowl?

I think the writings on the wall here we’re not going to find out a team out there with cap space is going to sign him

What's crazy is the Chief's best receiver a few years ago was Tyreek Hill and with his speed and big plays, everyone thought the Chiefs were done after he went to Miami.  They didn't pay Hill and went on to win an SB.

At this point, I'd be happier going after RB Dalvin Cook over D Hop. In 2021 Buffalo showed that they can pass on anyone with a good O line and the receiver corp has been upgraded already. 

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

What makes you think the Jets' outcomes are much broader than the Bills? 

I'd argue their defense with Saleh will keep them in every game. Perhaps the best D in the AFC.

Their biggest weakness on offense was their QB situation. Whether you like Rodgers or not he's clearly a huge upgrade. Their WR core is solid and a healthy Breece Hall makes them better. Rodgers has plenty of weapons. He doesn't have to be Superman. 

The Bills have some big question marks in the trenches. Will the new additions improve the oline? Can Brown improve or will he continue to be a liability? 

Will Kincaid be a bonifide weapon as a rookie? Besides Diggs who steps up as a solid WR? 

Can the Bills generate a solid and consistent pass rush? Is the dline  vulnerable to physical play? 

Will Allen be careless with the ball? Will the Bills struggle in the redzone? 

What kind of OC will Dorsey be? Do you trust his play calling skills and ability to reign in Allen need be? Will he use all his skill players? Will he run the ball consistently and it effectively? Will they run 12 or 11.5 schemes effectively? 

The Bills have a difficult schedule and the upgrades the Jets and Miami made are significant. The division appears to be a dogfight. I don't believe there is a lot of seperatiob between the teams. 

I give the Bills the slight edge merely because of Allen. However, besides Allen and Diggs the Bills roster really lacks difference makers and game changers. Who knows if that's significant? 

I think the Jets and Miami are well prepared to dethrone the Bills. Who knows if they can get there? I would not be surprised one bit if either of thoses teams win the AFC. 

The thought that the Jets or Miami are vastly inferior to the Bills no longer exists. Folks, the gap has significantly closed and the Bills have to be better in order to win the division and advance deep in the playoffs. Will they regress, improve, or continue the status quo? 

Thus far, the Bills have managed nice regular season records only to fizzle out come playoff time. It's a pretty consistent theme for years under the current regime. What will we see this season? 

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@newcam2012Excellent list of concerns, it kind of depressed me because I can't disagree with most of them no matter how much I want to. I agree with @BADOLBILZthat based on recent history, we are the best team in the AFC East and I don't expect enough of those concerns to go the wrong way for us to make us lose the division or not be a serious Super Bowl contender.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

What's crazy is the Chief's best receiver a few years ago was Tyreek Hill and with his speed and big plays, everyone thought the Chiefs were done after he went to Miami.  They didn't pay Hill and went on to win an SB.

At this point, I'd be happier going after RB Dalvin Cook over D Hop. In 2021 Buffalo showed that they can pass on anyone with a good O line and the receiver corp has been upgraded already. 

Personally, I would like to see a little bit more pass rush

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Interesting thought process here? Just feel like Dhop instantly makes the WR core much much better. Diggs will gather less attention and Davis should thrive as a WR3. 

Does Cook have that same kind of impact on the offense? Certainly think he's an upgrade over any of the Bills RBs. 

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Personally, I would like to see a little bit more pass rush

I still think Beane makes a move to get one of the decent pass rushers available. 

Not shocking Beane is being more active in later stage free agency. The team has some depth needs and not a lot of cap space. Going after the top end of the later free agency market is probably where great value can be found. Hoping this team can get Hopkins and a decent swing tackle to round out the offense. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.