Beane: “working on at least 2 veteran UFA’s”

Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

we can talk if he does sign Hopkins, until then he has done nothing, why would we celebrate that

There is absolutely a possibility that we don’t get DeAndre Hopkins the Chiefs could get him, but that would’ve been no different than all the other general managers who were waiting for the price whatever was being asked to come down

Brandon been has done a lot this off-season with very little money to work with even the small acquisition of tackle Brandon shell today was big that guy has started a lot of games at right tackle

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

we can talk if he does sign Hopkins, until then he has done nothing, why would we celebrate that

“he has done nothing” - that’s

demonstrably false. He has signed numerous free agents. I guess he hasn’t landed one up to your standards yet. Off-season ain’t over yet. But hopefully you are.

Does naming your avatar after a university make you smarter? Evidence suggests no…

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

someone having a different opinion than you is not trolling. You are too sensitive, grown men can disagree

people aren't giving you a tough time for your opinions.  that's just the excuse you're using.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was interesting this morning on WGR Sal was on at 7 (if you want to listen on Audacy) and discussed what options the Bills have with cap manipulation in order to squeeze in D. Hop.  There’s too much detail to post from my phone.

Have a listen.

Oh, also Mike Ginnitti from Spotrac was on at 7:30am and he discussed how D. Hop could be worked into our cap situation and what we could do.  He also mentioned Beane had been quite vocal about not pushing all his cards into the middle for this year, so not sure if he has the appetite to go “all in” this year.

My opinion is we should do it, as early projections with gambling $ and new TV contracts is the cap is likely to go up by at least $24 mil. In 24, and another $20 or so in 25.

We are in an arms race with Cincy and they have 3 top flight WR TARGETS.  They lost their TE, and we now have two too potential TE’s.  My opinion is place so much fire power as options for Allen and Dorsey, other top teams won’t be able to keep up.  We would have options for 11, 12, 21, and 22 personnel.  That is a potent offense.

“Go get er dun” Beane as Larry the Cable Guy states.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 3

On 4/30/2023 at 9:23 PM, HappyDays said:

I know they had also talked to Yannick Ngakoue and Rashaan Evans which would both fill needs. But right now we are at just under $5 million in cap space and that's before signing our draft class.

When did Bills talk to these two? I have read rumors 

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It was interesting this morning on WGR Sal was on at 7 (if you want to listen on Audacy) and discussed what options the Bills have with cap manipulation in order to squeeze in D. Hop.  There’s too much detail to post from my phone.

Have a listen.

Oh, also Mike Ginnitti from Spotrac was on at 7:30am and he discussed how D. Hop could be worked into our cap situation and what we could do.  He also mentioned Beane had been quite vocal about not pushing all his cards into the middle for this year, so not sure if he has the appetite to go “all in” this year.

My opinion is we should do it, as early projections with gambling $ and new TV contracts is the cap is likely to go up by at least $24 mil. In 24, and another $20 or so in 25.

We are in an arms race with Cincy and they have 3 top flight WR TARGETS.  They lost their TE, and we now have two too potential TE’s.  My opinion is place so much fire power as options for Allen and Dorsey, other top teams won’t be able to keep up.  We would have options for 11, 12, 21, and 22 personnel.  That is a potent offense.

“Go get er dun” Beane as Larry the Cable Guy states.

I like Hopkins not only for the pressure he would put on defenses, but also as excellent insurance in case anything happens to Diggs 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

If the Chiefs get Hopkins that’s a major F up by Beane.

The team we can’t catch gets even better with a great player who wanted to come here….. and we get Brandon Shell lol

I'm much more worried about the Bengals than I am the Chiefs.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

When did Bills talk to these two? I have read rumors 

I like Hopkins not only for the pressure he would put on defenses, but also as excellent insurance in case anything happens to Diggs 

Herb, you make a sound point we’ve been very fortunate, even spoiled Diggs has played just about every game the last three years, but then we said the same about Dr Poyer and Mr. Hyde until last year.

Then we were in a pickle at the safety position all year.  Joe on the Extra Point made a very good point we could backload D Hop’s contract so he only hits us this year for 5-6 and escalates, and the same for Davis next year if we extend next year and not really hit us for two years.

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Same as we can to a degree compete with the Chiefs talent.

The Bengals trio is a much bigger problem.  If anything I want Hop so we on paper are closer to them, and have better TE’s we hope with DK squared.

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Bills have former Phish Preston Williams in for a workout 

He had a very promising start to his career.   Looked like a great UDFA get for Miami.   Guy just couldn't stay healthy.   I can't even see him being a camp invite,  they probably just want to see what he looks like in the event of a rash of injuries.    I suppose that he could be a depth option if they signed Hopkins and then traded Gabe Davis as some want to speculate.......because that's what he is,   a big vertical receiver like Gabe.   But I would be shocked if they got DHop and then traded the very cheap Gabe.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/30/2023 at 12:01 PM, ndirish1978 said:

What we KNOW is that the Chiefs will win the AFC west with ease and be playing at home in the divisional round at worst.

The Bengals,  I don't know.   The Bills didn't match up well with them with their secondary in tatters last season........but the Bengals division is shaping up as very strong.   They tend to get the yips against Cleveland, who is also improved........play down to whatever Baltimore's level is.........and Pittsburgh traditionally owns them and is feeling confident and is also improved this year.    I could see the Bengals ending up 10-7 and the Bills being able to avoid them altogether.  

So the Chiefs still top the list to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What we KNOW is that the Chiefs will win the AFC west with ease and be playing at home in the divisional round at worst.

The Bengals,  I don't know.   The Bills didn't match up well with them with their secondary in tatters last season........but the Bengals division is shaping up as very strong.   They tend to get the yips against Cleveland, who is also improved........play down to whatever Baltimore's level is.........and Pittsburgh traditionally owns them and is feeling confident and is also improved this year.    I could see the Bengals ending up 10-7 and the Bills being able to avoid them altogether.  

So the Chiefs still top the list to me. 

Have to worry about our division first. The Jets and Fins will be four tough games. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Have to worry about our division first. The Jets and Fins will be four tough games. 

But you have to worry about your own division regardless.    That's not relevant to the discussion point........which is what opponent you fear the most.    Right now Jacksonville and KC look like the most likely 1-2 seeds due to the ease of their divisional matchups, if nothing else.

But fwiw,  I like the Bills chances against their divisional opponents.   I think the AFC East has a chance to be something like the AFC West last year.......the dominant incumbent and a bunch of overhyped pretenders.    Wouldn't surprise me at all if NE finishes second and has the best defense in the division.   Saleh is a meathead and  teams whose defense goes from worst to first have a remarkable tendency to have major regression the following season..........and Tuna is injury prone and already thru his second potential career ending crisis(the hip injury/surgery at Alabama was the first).

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But you have to worry about your own division regardless.    That's not relevant to the discussion point........which is what opponent you fear the most.    Right now Jacksonville and KC look like the most likely 1-2 seeds due to the ease of their divisional matchups, if nothing else.

But fwiw,  I like the Bills chances against their divisional opponents.   I think the AFC East has a chance to be something like the AFC West last year.......the dominant incumbent and a bunch of overhyped pretenders.    Wouldn't surprise me at all if NE finishes second and has the best defense in the division.   Saleh is a meathead and  teams whose defense goes from worst to first have a remarkable tendency to have major regression the following season..........and Tuna is injury prone and already thru his second potential career ending crisis(the hip injury/surgery at Alabama was the first).

The one team that worries me the most outside the division is the Bengals. The Bills have matched up well against the Chiefs recently. Won the last two regular season games at Arrowhead and should have won the 13 seconds game. The Bengals in the playoff game and even the MNF game as brief as it was, they had their way with the Bills. Burrow with Chase, Higgins and Boyd seemed to give the Bills a lot of problems.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree on Cincy… could actually see Baltimore emerging as a bigger threat. 

Dolphins are a concern if Tua stays healthy inside the division… and I think the Jags outside the division along with KC and Cincy in a head to head match up… I’d say Baltimore too but they are the one good team the Bills defense has down well against the past few years.

I think the Jets are a bit overrated despite the talent they have. Maybe I’m wrong, but could see them struggling a bit even with Rodgers. 

Tua staying healthy is a BIG IF. You don't want to see anyone get hurt but I can't see him staying healthy. He had 2 concussions that were confirmed last year against the Bengals and Packers. He probably had one in the 1st Bills game, but it was never called a concussion. 

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

The one team that worries me the most outside the division is the Bengals. The Bills have matched up well against the Chiefs recently. Won the last two regular season games at Arrowhead and should have won the 13 seconds game. The Bengals in the playoff game and even the MNF game as brief as it was, they had their way with the Bills. Burrow with Chase, Higgins and Boyd seemed to give the Bills a lot of problems.

The Chiefs would have had their way with that Bills defense in the playoffs as well.   Early season matchups don't mean much at all.   Late in the season against Cinci  the pass rush was gone with Von, Rousseau, Oliver, Jones and Phillips either out entirely or hampered by injury and the secondary went from compromised early in the season to being in shreds come January.   That was not the same team that beat KC earlier in the season.    The perception that Cinci is harder for the Bills to beat than KC is just "feels" that came from playing them in entirely different circumstances and Damar etc..  The Bills don't have some magic fix to stop Mahomes.........the Chiefs just haven't been playing with the same urgency early in the season as the Bills have.   

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Tua staying healthy is a BIG IF. You don't want to see anyone get hurt but I can't see him staying healthy. He had 2 concussions that were confirmed last year against the Bengals and Packers. He probably had one in the 1st Bills game, but it was never called a concussion. 

Yeah but before the hip and the concussions he had a bunch of knee and ankle injuries at Alabama as well.    He's been injured a ton and I think some people just think it's about avoiding getting his bell rung again.   

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.