Beane: “working on at least 2 veteran UFA’s”

Warriorspikes51

43 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yes, he was. But when they were talking to Yannick, they determined they'd rather pay vet minimum for Shaq than sign Yannick. 

It remains to be seen what he will be paid when he does sign. But I'd bet his price tag isn't going to go down so significantly that they'd sign him on top of Shaq. Generally Beane makes his decision at a position and that's that. 

That's why I'm not convinced he'll even do anything else at the position. Especially given our cap situation and following signing Ford and Murray. As it is, if he signed someone, he'd have to unload Basham as we won't carry 6. I don't know that he's looking to do that with a guy he drafted in the 2nd just two years ago.

Question for you: you seem to be laser focused on Ngakoue. But there's a list of 8 difference makers that would be an upgrade for us.

As I said, I think the #1 available FA is less likely than some of the other DE's available. Is it Yannick or nothing for you? 

not Yannick or nothing for me. I’d be very happy with Ingram, Houston, Floyd, Quinn

after looking into who Yannick is and being made aware that he is 6th in sacks since coming into the league….I’d just really like him

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It was an insider tip. I was also told Poyer's exact contract details before they were announced, and I was told that Klein would sign here the day before he did. Little things get out.

Sorry if I missed it happy, but is there any little birdie telling you who they might be trying to bring in for that veteran defensive end?

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Working on it.. story of his life. I’m not holding my breath

oh you don’t approve of Beane literally doing his job. What a surprise. Get a new hobby man being a clown on the internet must be exhausting.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He will keep open boxes of Cracker Jack until he finds one.

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

oh you don’t approve of Beane literally doing his job. What a surprise. Get a new hobby man being a clown on the internet must be exhausting.

This **** Place

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

If we had a dome, he would do his job more effectively. 

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn’t know Brandon Beane was above criticism

sad what this fan base has become

There was no criticism. You just made a smart ass remark weeks after he signed two veteran UFA post-draft? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn’t know Brandon Beane was above criticism

sad what this fan base has become

“I won’t hold my breath” isn’t a criticism.  And it appears, since everything you say here is negative whining, that the sad one is in fact you.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

You guys are creepy. I’ve been called Jerry Sullivan, John something and now Eric Lewis?

I’m just a regular dude. Is it that crazy to be critical? You guys are making the Bills Mafia soft

Count your blessings.  The Tim Graham comparison could be looming.

• Haha (+1) 4

You guys are creepy. I’ve been called Jerry Sullivan, John something and now Eric Lewis?

I’m just a regular dude. Is it that crazy to be critical? You guys are making the Bills Mafia soft

yeah okay. So let’s play this game - disregarding the fact that you’re constantly negative on the team and anything associated with the team - Beane did not pull the trigger and give up assets to trade for Hopkins, correctly guessing that no one else would either prior to him being cut, which he was. So does Beane get some credit for that? 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

why would he get credit for doing nothing? weird question

Now this is why people are ***** with you. Yes, a general manager should get credit for doing nothing whenever everybody else in the league is also doing nothing, and giving up assets.

If been can simply sign Hopkins without giving up draft picks, that would be better no?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

why would he get credit for doing nothing? weird question

Lol. Guess not in your book. It’s not a weird question it’s an actual question with actual consequences - they trade for him and give up draft capital. They wait and he gets cut and now you sign him for nothing. You do lose the opportunity to get him on his previous deal, but that was a bad contract anyways.you sign him now (if you can) and you give up nothing.

Get the player and give up picks or,

Get the player.

where’s your calculus at?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.