Mock Schedule time

Buffalo03

10 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

I thought I heard on one of the wgr shows this week that had the schedule person say that the Bills will be in Miami late this year as to probably avoid what happened last year again. Not positive but I do remember hearing that. 

You heard that correctly. 

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

AWESOME!  I have the same thing on my Chiefs schedule prediction I did in Feb 

I figured week 4 was the best spot for that game. It's still early in the year and the perfect time for it I think

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Bring some hospital beds and IV pumps to set up on the sideline!

Yeah, they will definitely definitely need to be taking multiple IVs during the game

18 hours ago, Process said:

Bills at Jets SNF Week 1 seems like a good bet

The first MNF game falls on 9/11. Don't be surprised if the two NYC area teams play on this night. Could be Jets at Giants. Do a special ceremony before the game honoring the victims.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

I thought I heard on one of the wgr shows this week that had the schedule person say that the Bills will be in Miami late this year as to probably avoid what happened last year again. Not positive but I do remember hearing that. 

Correct. Mike North said the NFL crew does listen if a team has played a few years in the same spot and had some frustration. It was not just MIA last year, 2020 was nearly as hot just had rain and actually had a delay due to lightning. Without giving away too much of my prediction (preview/prediction tomorrow) with Miami making the playoffs, adding Ramsey, and the fact teams finish week 18 vs a division opponent I am guessing Buffalo finishes in Miami week 18 with a possible flex to being the SNF game. I can easily see the NFL guys pegging it as a possible division crown battle.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Make sure you make a new thread so I don't miss it lol

Oh don't worry I will, aiming for tomorrow morning. I wanted to wait a day so the post draft threads can work their way out. My goal is usually a week to 10 days in advance to beat the leaks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The one thing to watch for this year - it's the first year of the new media contract.

The concept of AFC games on CBS and NFC games on Fox is largely dead.  Each network will be able to select games from their traditional conference that will be televised on that network.  All other games are up for grabs.  This goes beyond the cross-flexing we've seen during the last contract.

Expect a lot of 1pm non-headliner games to be on the non-traditional network to try to balance the network lineups - stuff like Falcons/Bucs might end up on CBS when FOX has a bunch of stinkers, and Browns/Broncos might end up on FOX if CBS has a boatload of bad games:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2023/01/nfl-media-rights-deals-refresher-monday-night-abc-espn-sunday-ticket-youtube/

According to John Ourand in Sports Business Journal, “Starting in ’23, FOX and CBS will identify a specific number of teams that it wants to carry for a specific minimum of games. It is not known how many teams or games are part of this process, which will occur at some point before the official schedule release.”

Ourand explains that as FOX still has the NFC package, they will only pick NFC teams, while CBS, still having the AFC package, will only pick AFC teams.

So while fans can still expect a heavy dose of NFC teams on FOX and AFC teams on CBS, the NFL will have greater flexibility to put games on whichever network they want. NFL VP of Broadcast Planning Mike North says regarding scheduling for the 2023 season, “All games are jump balls, all games are free agents.”

For fans accustomed to the current AFC/NFC split, there will be some confusion initially. But on the whole, this new setup will allow the NFL flexibility to put the best games in the best time slots, regardless of conference affiliation.

Edited by sullim4
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Oh don't worry I will, aiming for tomorrow morning. I wanted to wait a day so the post draft threads can work their way out. My goal is usually a week to 10 days in advance to beat the leaks.

We're you the one that mentioned the Bills playing the Lions on Thanksgiving last year as well as opening with the Rams?

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We will be at Miami early when it's 120 degrees.

... and our players' lives are threatened due to deliberate attempts by Miami to create dangerous playing conditions in that way.  

That's ridiculous, and what's it going to take, a heat-stroke collapse sending one of our linemen to the hospital and out for the season, or worse, to get the league involved.  Yeah, that'll be a great look, NFL player dies at Hard Rock Stadium due to unreasonable dangerous life-threatening conditions contrived by Dolphins.  

Miami should be made to play at home in their own intolerable heat conditions at least once every September.  Perhaps have to alternate sides of the field arbitrarily in September and October.  

I guess that's what they think that they need to win games.  Sad really.  Definitely not sportsmanlike, quite the opposite in fact.  

If there were any justice we should be allowed to freeze their benches when they come here.  There is no equivalent way to take advantage of the cold given the league rules.  

20 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Commanders are a pretty solid team, too.   Don’t sleep on them.

Good defense but their offense is quite dicey.  Point taken though, we won't be able to sleep on too many teams on our schedule.  While the home schedule is light, the Jets now have Rodgers and we split with both Miami and the Jets last season.  Who knows what the Pats will bring, but Belichick is better than McD.  

Jax came on strong to finish their season 7-2, Lawrence will be in his third season and made strides last season.  The Raiders now have Garoppolo and the Giants seem to be up and coming too, Daboll will want to win that game.  

The road schedule could be problematic.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Good defense but their offense is quite dicey.  Point taken though, we won't be able to sleep on too many teams on our schedule.  While the home schedule is light, the Jets now have Rodgers and we split with both Miami and the Jets last season.  Who knows what the Pats will bring, but Belichick is better than McD.  

Jax came on strong to finish their season 7-2, Lawrence will be in his third season and made strides last season.  The Raiders now have Garoppolo and the Giants seem to be up and coming too, Daboll will want to win that game.  

The road schedule could be problematic.  

That road schedule is brutal. If they can go at least 3-5 on the road, then I would take that. Of course, they will need to go a minimum of 7-2 at home. I think 10-7 to 11-6 is where I would have the Bills. Hopefully they can do better.

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

That road schedule is brutal. If they can go at least 3-5 on the road, then I would take that. Of course, they will need to go a minimum of 7-2 at home. I think 10-7 to 11-6 is where I would have the Bills. Hopefully they can do better.

Fully agree, but we need to win the division though.  On paper we're better than all three divisional opponents and we have Allen.  It'd be tough to explain losing the division to the Fins or Jets.  

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

The first MNF game falls on 9/11. Don't be surprised if the two NYC area teams play on this night. Could be Jets at Giants. Do a special ceremony before the game honoring the victims.

Good call!  

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Were you the one that mentioned the Bills playing the Lions on Thanksgiving last year as well as opening with the Rams?

Lions yes Rams no someone else had that. I was actually surprised they put Buffalo in

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.