UDFA signings 2023

KingBoots8

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

What on earth is a “pain tolerance test”?

Just casually mentioned that like we’re all supposed to be oh, ok.. sure, makes sense. 

Its when they put your ankle in a C-clamp and tighten it till you can’t take it any more…, maybe 😁

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I guess the process is called Dolorimetry..........and Gouraige may have practiced Dolerimetry instead........which is disarming an opponent just by use of numerous kung-fu-like kicks.

S8rcQc.gif

No, you’re right. I use a dolorimeter on my fibromyalgia patients or checking for enthesitis. I just never viewed it as a pain tolerance test, but rather a test of pain amplification. I guess I had an image in my head of them improperly manipulating an ankle until it swelled. 

Edited by Saint Doug
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2023 at 5:58 PM, KingBoots8 said:

I’ll update as we hear who gets signed:

Confirmed:

RB: Jordan Mims - Fresno State

OT: Richard Gouraige - Florida

OT: Noah Henderson - ECU

DL: DJ Dale - Alabama

WR: Jalen Wayne - S Alabama

WR: Tyrell Shavers - SDSU

Rookie Minicamp Invitees:

LB: James Patterson - University of Buffalo 

RB: Isaiah Bowser - UCF

QB: Logan Bonner - USU

Rumored / Unconfirmed:

DB: Demarcus “Woo” Governor - UNI (Unconfirmed)

One tracker I’ve seen get shared around twitter:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2023/04/buffalo-bills-udfa-tracker-reports-rumors-on-who-team-signed-following-2023-nfl-draft.html

I'm really surprised we don't see more DTs on there.

Question: what school is "USU"? EDIT: NVM, I saw it's "Utah State University"

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Oklahoma O linemen are not welcome here anyways. 

But...but...but.. Creed Humphrey..........😥

Was that your fault?  Did you bar the door?

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This years guy we “have to keep” cause he looks so good in pre season games 

I expect us to sign Latavius Murray and then between him and Mims - one will be the 4th RB on the 53, who's inactive on Game Days unless there's an injury and one will be on the Practice Squad.

But yes, I fully expect him to be this year's Raheem Blackshear and for people to lose their minds if he gets poached from the Practice Squad. As if these guys aren't a dime a dozen and come along every year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

No, you’re right. I use a dolorimeter on my fibromyalgia patients or checking for enthesitis. I just never viewed it as a pain tolerance test, but rather a test of pain amplification. I guess I had an image in my head of them improperly manipulating an ankle until it swelled

After watching the NFL Doc thing I linked above, that may pretty well be what it is - not necessarily "improperly", but apparently the medical exams include each team's doctors manipulating various injured and formerly injured joints to test their ROM and any points of tenderness.

He mentioned up to 64 doctors (2 from each team) and I sure hope that's changed, because even if the exam is done properly I can see where doing it 32 or 64 or even 16 times could cause swelling, if there is any prior injury or lingering abnormality.

I would not want my knees or ankles to be manipulated to the limits of ROM that much.

• Like (+1) 2

What is going on with that Euro RB that dazzled during past preseasons?

Christian Wade?

Evidently, he was not NFL caliber but he certainly made preseason more interesting.

Nice draft.  Changes are coming.  Let’s hope they work.

I would like the best lines in the league.  Free agents of all types know dominant lines win Super Bowls. 

75 players on roster With players and picks. 

6 reported UDFAs so far leaves 81 on contract. 

9 more players still needed with UDFAs and UFAs to get to the camp allotment of 90. 

also of note for Every UFA signed 1M is offset in cap. As 1M falls off the top 51 

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

75 players on roster With players and picks. 

6 reported UDFAs so far leaves 81 on contract. 

9 more players still needed with UDFAs and UFAs to get to the camp allotment of 90. 

also of note for Every UFA signed 1M is offset in cap. As 1M falls off the top 51 

I thought Beane said something about not having 90? Closer to 83-85...🤔

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I thought Beane said something about not having 90? Closer to 83-85...🤔

They typically leave a couple open slots going into camp. I doubt they leave 5 to 7 

23 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

@LyndonvilleBill Yeah, in his 30 minute post-draft presser, Beane mentioned that we won't likely go all the way up to 91, and mentioned the mid-80's as a rough estimate. Makes sense.

Which would be normal operating procedure. Post draft likely talking about UDFAs. 

see UDFAs are going to be hard for Bills to sign with no clear path to roster. There isn’t a lot of thin position groups. So Inwould imaging we are likely going to have around 83-85 with Roster, UDFAs and Draft picks. 

past years we have had 87-88 after those three and full with late UFAs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They typically leave a couple open slots going into camp. I doubt they leave 5 to 7 

Which would be normal operating procedure. Post draft likely talking about UDFAs. 

see UDFAs are going to be hard for Bills to sign with no clear path to roster. There isn’t a lot of thin position groups. So Inwould imaging we are likely going to have around 83-85 with Roster, UDFAs and Draft picks. 

I just hope we get some DT's! Any DT's. 

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I guess my question is, from a cap perspective is there any reason not to be at 90 prior to all the OTA’s, and then if someone comes along, it is as simple as replacing one player with another?

50 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What is the reason to only go with 85 instead of 90?

I’m wondering if that has to do with the fact that there is only one roster cutdown date now - so it’ll be a mass purge from 90 to 53. That was a rule change this year. 

That rule should slightly alter workload management for guys. Knowing that you’ll get to keep everyone the whole time means you’re not worried about spreading out game reps/managing injuries. 

A couple less guys at each positions increases the amount of reps. The greatest resource you have as a player/coach is time… there’s only so much of it to go around. 

I’m just spitballing - I know we don’t typically carry the full 90 anyway. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’m wondering if that has to do with the fact that there is only one roster cutdown date now - so it’ll be a mass purge from 90 to 53. That was a rule change this year. 

That rule should slightly alter workload management for guys. Knowing that you’ll get to keep everyone the whole time means you’re not worried about spreading out game reps/managing injuries. 

A couple less guys at each positions increases the amount of reps. The greatest resource you have as a player/coach is time… there’s only so much of it to go around. 

I’m just spitballing - I know we don’t typically carry the full 90 anyway. 

Yeah I think it's a time/reps issue.   You can always add players if you have injuries.  And with the two spring league's there should be an abundance of bodies in shape with recent tape.   Also only 3 preseason games now.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.