UDFA signings 2023

KingBoots8

18 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Man id take a Alabama DT any chance i can get and being an UDFA is even better. Dale has a good chance to make the team with so many questions at the position for 2024.

6’1 300  but well built, plays fast and competitive. Won starting role at Bama as a Freshman 

• Like (+1) 5

40 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Really? You’re going to bring up the guy’s race? Geeeez! 

40 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

They already drafted Dalton Kincaid so I'm not sure how much more you're looking for in that department.

It’s a joke. Happens all the time here. Remember all the drama over Ed Egan who snubbed us for the Cowboys last minute? Brandon Reilly? David Sills? Message board legends. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I want WR Jake Bobo, UCLA and LB Ben VanSumeren, Mich St.

Bunch of safeties:  Trey Dean, and Rashad Torrence, Florida, Ronnie Hickman, Ohio St., Quindell Johnson, Memphis

Hickman to Cleveland.

• Sad 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

It’s a joke. Happens all the time here. Remember all the drama over Ed Egan who snubbed us for the Cowboys last minute? Brandon Reilly? David Sills? Message board legends. 

And I answered with a joke as well.  The line between slow WR and non-blocking TE is really small.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

One UFDA makes it every 3 years or so… might be due

I think it's more like 4 or so per season who wind up on the PS and active for a couple of games.  That's $262,000 which is pretty good money for us ordinary Joes and Jills.  And often, at least 1-2 are signed to the active roster the following year.  Quintin Morris was 2021's example - signed to the roster in 2022

As far as actually signing to the active roster same year they were UDFA, that's more rare - Levi Wallace in 2018 and Reggie Gilliam in 2020 last I can think of.

But being signed to the PS for a year or 2 then making the roster is less rare - Tyrel Dodson UDFA signed to PS in 2019, roster in 2020; Cam Lewis PS in 2019, roster in 2021; Quintin Morris 2021 PS, 2022 roster

And of course, the Bills snipe and sign guys who spend development time on other teams PS

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.