Rd 7, Pick 230: G Nick Broeker, Mississippi

SDS

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

welcome to the practice squad 

A backup center who knows the system, has reps with Josh while buried behind an concussed Morse isn't awful.

This is a solid move. 

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

welcome to the practice squad 

A backup center who knows the system, has reps with Josh while buried behind an concussed Morse isn't awful.

This is a solid move. 

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Besides the first 2 rds this draft is a F+ to me. 

We don't care

37 minutes ago, boyst said:

This is a solid move. 

This is a solid move. 

Ok

Ok

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

He was a starter at left tackle in college for 3 years then switched to guard this past season. Looks like he’s probably more suited for guard in the NFL though.

That's what I'm saying, I don't want them playing a guy at tackle who got kicked inside in college. Bills don't develop well enough to move players around like they do. 

6 hours ago, Augie said:

He seems equal parts versatile and likable. Hoping he becomes a gem.  

Kiper had him as the 9th most likable interior O-lineman in this draft.

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

They are not getting executed.  Let's see how Jones and Settle play this season.  Another in next years draft and an UFA and it's full.

Next year is next year and I'm quite sure Beane can read a roster.

No DTs under contract for 2024 but yes, they're not getting executed or even assassinated. We'll be fine. One re-signing, one free agent, one draft pick...

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don’t think Morse is going anywhere in 2023… they love him …maybe Bates gets traded instead?.

They love Bates too. I don't think either of them get traded any time soon.

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Can play OT and G

0 sacks allowed in 472 pass block snaps

In the SEC, no less.

6 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

It's an excellent seventh round pick.

Agreed!

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This dude can ball. Really good feet. Quiet pass set. He’s a technician, but nasty and like Torrence trying to drive guys into the ground. He ran a really slow 40. Other than that his athletic testing is very good. You guys are going to love him, you can’t just look at fancy highlighted scores on websites when analyzing OL. 

Technician for sure. Mean streak. Tenacious. I like his wide base and his hand placement is excellent. He also seems to have a good sense of his surroundings and understands leverages and angles.

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He should have been more horrified watching Brown pass block. Nothing to address OT. At some point you just have to live with some warts.

It looks like Beane really meant all the nice things he said earlier in the week about Spencer Brown. Apparently they really have faith in him.

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Love it. Watch the video on this site. This guy looks like a mean SOB. Driving people into the ground. 

I could see this guy playing in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, syhuang said:

Usually I just laugh at rant like this but now I'm getting curious on why you give it a F+ instead F-. For rant pros, they usually just say F or F-, but you go out your way to add a +.

Or you simply thought F+ is worse than F and made a rookie mistake here? 😁

I gave them the + for trying, 😂 

9 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

May be the best for him as well. His brain will be slush of he gets another concussion. 

I think the irony in this sentence is fun. No offense, of course. But to be so judgmental whilst also being human/flawed is hilarious. 

Mitch Morse didn't suffer a single head injury in 2022, right? His long-term cognitive prognosis is therefore probably just fine even IF/WHEN he suffers another concussion. I'll bet he and his family and medical team have an agreed upon protocol for future concussions. I'll bet they've done a lot of research and developed a specific gameplan. 

6 hours ago, NickelCity said:

McGovern

Bates

Torrence

Edwards (OT maybe?)

Broeker

Boettger 

Mancz

----

I don't think Boettger and Mancz make it. Edwards a big unknown imo. I have a hunch Broeker will make the 53.

We’re gonna trade like a couple of these guys

29 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think the irony in this sentence is fun. No offense, of course. But to be so judgmental whilst also being human/flawed is hilarious. 

Mitch Morse didn't suffer a single head injury in 2022, right? His long-term cognitive prognosis is therefore probably just fine even IF/WHEN he suffers another concussion. I'll bet he and his family and medical team have an agreed upon protocol for future concussions. I'll bet they've done a lot of research and developed a specific gameplan. 

I could be wrong on this, but I thought that Mitch Morse did in fact suffer a concussion last year

• Like (+1) 1

A traditional Move OG. Very good movement. A bit of a weak anchor and weak at POA. But has the frame to add functional strengths. 

played OT as well so that shows the lateral movement ability. Will be a OG/OC in the league though. Won’t offer much at OT in NFL. 

very smart and has very good technique. A very technical player. Tremendous value in 7th round. I had a 5/6 grade on him. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 7

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Wrong. Had a concussion last year, his 6th in 8 years.

https://www-buffalorumblings-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2022/12/19/23515725/mitch-morse-concussion-history-bills-chiefs?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16828678022805&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buffalorumblings.com%2F2022%2F12%2F19%2F23515725%2Fmitch-morse-concussion-history-bills-chiefs

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

A traditional Move OG. Very good movement. A bit of a weak anchor and weak at POA. But has the frame to add functional strengths. 

played OT as well so that shows the lateral movement ability. Will be a OG/OC in the league though. Won’t offer much at OT in NFL. 

very smart and has very good technique. A very technical player. Tremendous value in 7th round. I had a 5/6 grade on him. 

And he was a good value as a 5th round type(where I took him in the Matt Miller 7 round draft thread).     There are years where the positional depth isn't good at guard where he could have been a top 100 pick.    Beane seemed to indicate that he just stuck out as the best player.........which is how the draft should be treated.   Needs change fast.   You pass on a guy with starting potential late in the draft one year and you may find yourself reaching for one early the next year.    

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Like I said he will have a hard time making the roster.  

But I love the investment in the OL. If he can pass block in the SEC he may be ok in the NFL. Will push Edwards and Boettger for a final roster spot and then be a 17 week inactive if everyone stays healthy. 

I think there's room for 10 OL on the 53.  6 WR (Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Sherfield, Harty, and Shorter), 3 TE (Knox, Kincaid, Morris), 4 RB (Cook, Hines, Harris, ??), and 2 QB (Allen x 2).  Doyle is coming off an ACL tear.  He may not be ready to go at start of season.  If Broeker shows enough in training camp, I believe there's a path for him to make 53. Dawkins, McGovern, Morse, Torrence, Brown, Quessenberry, Bates, Edwards, Boettger, and Broeker/Doyle.

9 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I gave them the + for trying, 😂 

You’re entitled to your opinion

4 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I think there's room for 10 OL on the 53.  6 WR (Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Sherfield, Harty, and Shorter), 3 TE (Knox, Kincaid, Morris), 4 RB (Cook, Hines, Harris, ??), and 2 QB (Allen x 2).  Doyle is coming off an ACL tear.  He may not be ready to go at start of season.  If Broeker shows enough in training camp, I believe there's a path for him to make 53. Dawkins, McGovern, Morse, Torrence, Brown, Quessenberry, Bates, Edwards, Boettger, and Broeker/Doyle.

I think either Bogner where Doyle or both get traded for draft picks

The general manager is on a mission to get as many draft picks in next year’s draft as possible. We are up to 10 right now.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.