Rd 7, Pick 230: G Nick Broeker, Mississippi

SDS

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Can play OT and G

0 sacks allowed in 472 pass block snaps

God I hope not. I'd prefer not trying another guard with a lack of athleticism at tackle lol. I really dislike the "able to play multiple positions" aspect of Bills scouting, it almost always means they aren't great at any of them. Just get people that are above average at the positions they need them in.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

God I hope not. I'd prefer not trying another guard with a lack of athleticism at tackle lol. I really dislike the "able to play multiple positions" aspect of Bills scouting, it almost always means they aren't great at any of them. Just get people that are above average at the positions they need them in.

He was a starter at left tackle in college for 3 years then switched to guard this past season. Looks like he’s probably more suited for guard in the NFL though.

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, Conlan58 said:

Actually shocked to see another IOL pick. Almost like McBeane have been checking in on this board. 

Nope.  They have an intern paid minimum wage to watch all the different social media sites including fackbook, TWITter, Instagram, LinkedIn as well as pods and non-professional football websites.  We you get the big bucks you do not have time to waste on first look of those sites.

20 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Not that I agree necessarily, but it would save millions plus he is a concussion away from potentially having to hang it up.

He’s the leader on the line and does so much for Josh. He’s certainly not a liability and if he gets hurt he goes to IR and we save cap anyways 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not pounding the table to get rid of Morse, but we have seen Bates capably play center. We are light on cap space and still could use a couple late-stage free agent signings to round out our DL. Not to mention a certain WR that I would still love to find a way to obtain. Moving on from Morse may be the best available avenue to clear up a decent amount of cap space without a huge drop off to the next man in line.

I just think Morse is the leader of the oline and a vet that we need. We’ve seen how bad the line is when Morse is out. He’s not a liability at all. Yes we could save a few bucks but we need him 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This dude can ball. Really good feet. Quiet pass set. He’s a technician, but nasty and like Torrence trying to drive guys into the ground. He ran a really slow 40. Other than that his athletic testing is very good. You guys are going to love him, you can’t just look at fancy highlighted scores on websites when analyzing OL. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, DJB said:

He’s the leader on the line and does so much for Josh. He’s certainly not a liability and if he gets hurt he goes to IR and we save cap anyways 

I just think Morse is the leader of the oline and a vet that we need. We’ve seen how bad the line is when Morse is out. He’s not a liability at all. Yes we could save a few bucks but we need him 

I don’t want to let go of Morse either, but the OL was bad when he was out, partly due to lack of talent around him.  

The OL looks much improved as we sit here today, not even accounting for a jump the staff is clearly banking on from Spencer Brown. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Besides the first 2 rds this draft is a F+ to me. 

Usually I just laugh at rant like this but now I'm getting curious on why you give it a F+ instead F-. For rant pros, they usually just say F or F-, but you go out your way to add a +.

Or you simply thought F+ is worse than F and made a rookie mistake here? 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Anderson and Tenuta the last two late round OL did not make the roster. 

This guy will have an uphill battle to make it too

Of course he is a long shot, all 7th rounders are.  

Anderson was poached off of the PS by the Giants and he played in a few games last year. 

Tenuta is in the Packers organization, probably a PS guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Usually I just laugh at rant like this but now I'm getting curious on why you give it a F+ instead F-. For rant pros, they usually just say F or F-, but you go out your way to add a +.

You can't discount the first two picks and then give a grade. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think he's just tired of watching Josh get killed.

I'm guessing he was horrified seeing Bates and Saffold play. Bates was at least uneven; Saffold was an atrocity and would have been benched if any reserve at all was ready. Now Beane appears to be overcompensating. 

17 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Of course he is a long shot, all 7th rounders are.  

Anderson was poached off of the PS by the Giants and he played in a few games last year. 

Tenuta is in the Packers organization, probably a PS guy. 

Like I said he will have a hard time making the roster.  

But I love the investment in the OL. If he can pass block in the SEC he may be ok in the NFL. Will push Edwards and Boettger for a final roster spot and then be a 17 week inactive if everyone stays healthy. 

23 minutes ago, syhuang said:

He’s identifying as grading fluid today 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, finn said:

I'm guessing he was horrified seeing Bates and Saffold play. Bates was at least uneven; Saffold was an atrocity and would have been benched if any reserve at all was ready. Now Beane appears to be overcompensating. 

He should have been more horrified watching Brown pass block. Nothing to address OT. At some point you just have to live with some warts.

2 hours ago, Wizard said:

Beane seems to have a fetish for positions. One year it was defensive ends. We are in the too light to play linebacker fetish, and we have started the “get 15 OG’s and hope 4 are above average.”

I hope next year he picks 3 DT’s that are 330lbs+

Don’t kink shame, brah. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He should have been more horrified watching Brown pass block. Nothing to address OT. At some point you just have to live with some warts.

My fear is that Beane is overcompensating there, too--for letting Wyatt Teller go to the Browns. Will he stick with Brown even if the evidence continues to pile up that he's over his head? I'm trying to be optimistic, but visions of Brown being ragdolled by Melvin Ingram in the AFC championship game are hard to shake. 

42 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This dude can ball. Really good feet. Quiet pass set. He’s a technician, but nasty and like Torrence trying to drive guys into the ground. He ran a really slow 40. Other than that his athletic testing is very good. You guys are going to love him, you can’t just look at fancy highlighted scores on websites when analyzing OL. 

good. We badly needed more nasty on the OL 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

A lot of guards on the team now. It makes me wonder if Morse could be a surprise cut or trade to free up some cap space? Bates could slide in at center without too much drop off. Just a thought.

If Morse is the best center, then I don't see him going anywhere. Now when he gets a concussion, it's Bates.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.