What does our O-Line look like now?

DrDawkinstein

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

That play will never leave memory.  The most important play of his life to date….and he didn’t even get out of his stance by the time a 32 year old DE was already by him.  Josh to his rescue.  Just feels like he’s going to get 17 killed one of these days.  

I agree 💯 we add 26 interior offensive lineman and only resigned the terrible Quess, which gift wraps the RT job to him, rather than making him earn it.  Which is why I hope they give Edwards or Bates a shot at RT.   A competition would only up his game if he is who they think he is.  

Agreed. Beane gave me hope this off-season when he said that Brown would have competition and that he would have to “earn his roster spot”. Turns out that was BS. Huge disappointment. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Agreed. Beane gave me hope this off-season when he said that Brown would have competition and that he would have to “earn his roster spot”. Turns out that was BS. Huge disappointment. 

Do you think Beane was flat out lying to everyone and knew it? Or is it more the case of the right opportunity never presented itself, since there are a lot of moving parts to acquiring players?

I'm still hoping for an addition with more cuts coming soon. 🤞

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Do you think Beane was flat out lying to everyone and knew it? Or is it more the case of the right opportunity never presented itself, since there are a lot of moving parts to acquiring players?

I'm still hoping for an addition with more cuts coming soon. 🤞

Your guess is as good as mine. I don’t buy that it just didn’t work out though. RT is too important. It should’ve been addressed with something better than running back it back with Brown and Quess. Maybe Beane was just sending a message to Brown. If that was the case, then nothing changes. I’m still very disappointed that his message didn’t have any teeth behind it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2023 at 8:23 AM, Manther said:

Before Boettger got hurt he was starting and at that time our Oline was arguably playing its best.

Disagree, when Bates has filled in at LT to start games he played quite well.

I think that is right.  I think they will try some folks at T in the offseason to see what we have.  The following could play Tackle...

Bates

Edwards

Q

Doyle

The reality is if Brown gets hurt or is terrible one of these 4 is our starting RT or a player not on our roster.

Quesenbarry has done tackle and Doyle has the traits

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.