RD 5, Pick 150: WR Justin Shorter, Florida

Chandler#81

I know next to nothing about college prospects, after reading is bio  and history, seems like a completely wasted pick. 
I’m seeing conflicting info. I’ve read there’s a history of drops (the last thing the Bills need), but as a write this, the Bills official website comes on saying he has ‘reliable hands’ with only a single drop in 114 targets. 

Additionally, it looks like he’s slow off of the line. 
I have little faith he’ll amount to much in the NFL.  Hopeful the Bills personnel department got it right. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think this draft is showing a commitment to improving their red zone offense. Between Kincaid, a monster sized guard and a monster sized wideout? That plays imo. 

That’s what I was thinking.  Goaline situations, I would like to punch it in with a regular RB handoff than having to to use Allen all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He likely won’t make the 53. But could a position switch be in the cards???  There could be ability with a year on PS to transition into a pass catching Flex TE. 

To replace Q Morris ? Who blocks more than not ?
Lets see what he looks like though camp etc.
Maybe he is the perfect PS guy we can all cheer for ?  :)
But worth a shot for sure

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I think this draft is showing a commitment to improving their red zone offense. Between Kincaid, a monster sized guard and a monster sized wideout? That plays imo. 

My theme leading up to the draft and efforts to prognasticate the draft, have revolved around the concept that the Bills weakest spot on offense is in the red zone.  ESPN is on top of depth charts.  Will the Bills start 6 WRs?

image.thumb.png.410940bede2baaca968792244c4f860e.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, jaybills said:

Gabe is better than this dude. Shorter seems to catch a lot of balls with his body. 

But Gabe is about to be priced out and off our team after this season, regardless of who is better. Hopefully Shorter can develop. He has a good WR room around him.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Who knows what a reach is really? A lot of people here were mocking antonio johnson in the first round and he’s still there. So none of us have any idea what teams boards look like. I thought he’d go later based on what the reports were saying, but the reports were wrong I guess. 

I agree.  How many of the guys drafted today will make our team?  Maybe two?  Nothing is a reach right now.  It’s all a crapshoot.  And the perfect time to take a shot on someone who has an unusual talent or trait. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.