LIVE ***NFL Draft, Day 3, coverage at noon.

Bogie_Klinkhammer

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Yes, I'm sure the excess of 6th & 7th round picks next year will really put us over the edge! 

I don't really care much tbh, but still, figured they'd at least want some fresh prospects to at least add depth or compete in camp. We were cap strapped this offseason, didn't make any big moves, and the team obviously needs more to advance, but yeah... not going to overreact over a 6th round pick either way.

Maybe they're just thrilled with the haul so far 

Yes, I'm sure the excess of 6th & 7th round picks next year will really put us over the edge! 

I don't really care much tbh, but still, figured they'd at least want some fresh prospects to at least add depth or compete in camp. We were cap strapped this offseason, didn't make any big moves, and the team obviously needs more to advance, but yeah... not going to overreact over a 6th round pick either way.

They'll help us move around the draft board next year. Better than drafting guys we'll cut in August 

• Agree 1

The Bills can use the sixth's to trade up or trade for players, though. I highly doubt The Bills will use all of them on picks.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'm fine with stock piling picks for next year when we'll have more available roster spots.  I've got a spread sheet with the Bills current roster plus the new additions and there is no room.  Presuming all the rookies make the team, we are going to have to cut some name players.  

Rookies don’t always make the team.  Not unheard of.

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

No but we also know that Beane has the itch to trade up so it protects them next year from ending up with 5 picks like this year 

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

With this years class, UDFAs are probably every but as good as late round draft choices.  No difference.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion this means we're loading up on picks specifically for Hopkins.

Next year's Draft is universally considered to be a deeper class. So if someone wants to give us a 7th and a 6th next year in a better class for our 6th this year, it's a no brainer.

Plus, Beane likes to move around the board. Extra ammo facilitates moving up if he wants next year.

Beane's already burning up the phone lines to trade up next year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.