LIVE ***NFL Draft, Day 3, coverage at noon.

Bogie_Klinkhammer

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Wasn't really my question. 

I get it.  TE3 isn't going to get many targets, if any at all, but I at least like the idea of them being in the game to run a route instead of seeing them in the game and know they are going to run the ball.

He's able to do more but we were criminally under utilizing our TE position last year even with Knox in.

4 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Future of what? He was at best a 2nd rd pick this year, we signed Edwards and McGovern and drafted Torrence to go along with Bates and Boettger. We have 5 players at the position. Our roster isn't good enough to sign players who don't even have the option to play this year IMO. Draft a projection and see if they can step up.

OK

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

He's able to do more but we were criminally under utilizing our TE position last year even with Knox in.

I agree.  I liked him better than Sweeney for sure.  That's kind of my point though.  They need to use TE as a TE and not a blocker/FB or whatever you want to call them.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

he’s not. The WGR guys on now are _______

Honestly I think the show today could be either the best or worst show I've heard.

They are all sleep deprived and just struggling to get through the day so it's great.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Future of what? He was at best a 2nd rd pick this year, we signed Edwards and McGovern and drafted Torrence to go along with Bates and Boettger. We have 5 players at the position. Our roster isn't good enough to sign players who don't even have the option to play this year IMO. Draft a projection and see if they can step up.

Boetteger and Edwards are on 1 yr deals. Redshirt Voorhees,  get him in our building for rehab and learn. Be ready for next season (2024). Would be a good move imo.

• Agree 6

Just now, The Wiz said:

I agree.  I liked him better than Sweeney for sure.  That's kind of my point though.  They need to use TE as a TE and not a blocker/FB or whatever you want to call them.

At TE3 you need someone that can fill in, Morris can cover for the blocking part and is passible enough to cover for the passing game without it completely disappearing.

44 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Zach Kuntz? Another tight end could make sense. 

Guys left they met with:  

Nick Broecker G Ole Miss

Christian Young DB Arizona

Justin Marshall WR Buffalo

Eric Hallett DB Pittsburgh

Sean Tucker RB Syracuse

Based on this list my completely uneducated guess is that we take Tucker.

I expected them to draft RB late in Day 3, we've met with him and he is available.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.