LIVE ***NFL Draft, Day 3, coverage at noon.

Bogie_Klinkhammer

Hey, I got one right, haha. I was looking at the remaining prospects last night and focused in on Shorter as someone the Bills would appear to like. Then I saw that they visited with him. His skill set really seems to suit their offense. They'll just have to hope he's able to stay healthy because his entire college career he dealt with injury and missed time every season. 

Also, can't wait to hear the broadcast morons on gameday:

Jim: "And there's Shorter with the catch, and that's enough for a first down."

Tony: "And let me tell ya, Jim, shorter he isn't! This guy is a specimen!"

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Did Beane only watch Florida games?

Shorter isn't a guy I have watched really. Seen snippets of him from watching other Florida offensive players. Think he is a bit one paced lacks a bit of burst. But he is a bigger bodied outside receiver which is something we don't have. Not sure I see him as a lock for the 53 though.

What I don’t understand is Iosivas is 6’3” 200 and runs a faster 40 time and has better production with a worse QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Anyone have any idea what teams don’t like about Antonio Johnson and JL Skinner?

I think Wypler is still there because he is really only a C and most teams like multi-position OL.

Surprised a bit about Skinner

Wypler is a Center who is small and has very short arms so teams are staying away, though he was a good player at Ohio State

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Ah,  you are a mind reader.  But that wasn't my point at all. My point was he is better than than Nick Savilderi, and has "some versatilty".  Brandon Beane mentioned he was verstatile too.  But wtf does he know compared to you?

Yes, I actually am a mind reader as well as someone with common sense. Beane says everyone he picks is versatile but Torrence is strictly a guard regardless of where he played in college.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Chaos said:

That is not DK Metcalf, which is the comparison I was responding too.

Which is why I said (physically) as in his body type.  

I’ve seen him in person in warm ups.  He’s a physical specimen.  

He’s definitely not DK.  He’s not even Gabe.  He looks great off the bus.. hasn’t put it together. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Anyone have any idea what teams don’t like about Antonio Johnson and JL Skinner?

I think Wypler is still there because he is really only a C and most teams like multi-position OL.

Both Johnson and Skinner are big bodied box safeties who are not overly athletic and don’t fit todays game. It’s why neither has been taken. They both are niche players in a passing league. I know a lot of people disagree but I said this before the draft 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Which is why I said (physically) as in his body type.  

I’ve seen him in person in warm ups.  He’s a physical specimen.  

He’s definitely not DK.  He’s not even Gabe.  He looks great off the bus.. hasn’t put it together. 

perhaps he will and we’ll have a stud.  5 star recruit

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What I don’t understand is Iosivas is 6’3” 200 and runs a faster 40 time and has better production with a worse QB. 

I haven't watched anything at at all of him but he also played against much worse competition. At least Shorter produced in the SEC

• Thank you (+1) 1

Jonah Bronstein

@lebronstein

·

5m

#Bills 5th-round draft pick Justin Shorter was the No. 1-rated WR in the 2018 recruiting class, ahead of Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jaylen Waddle & Ja’Marr Chase

There's obviously talent there but he hasn't lived up to expectations for whatever reason.  Up to the Bills to pull it out of him. 

Edited by sven233

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Jonah Bronstein

@lebronstein

·

5m

#Bills 5th-round draft pick Justin Shorter was the No. 1-rated WR in the 2018 recruiting class, ahead of Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jaylen Waddle & Ja’Marr Chase

There's obviously talent there but he hasn't lived up to expectations for whatever reason.  Up to the Bills to pull it out of him. 

They had him in for a 30 visit too. So this is a kid they targeted. That makes me feel a bit better about it too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't watched anything at at all of him but he also played against much worse competition. At least Shorter produced in the SEC

True, but 4.4 speed doesn’t grow on trees. I’m willing to give a 6’3” guy NFL training for that kind of speed. He can separate with his track star ability. Shorter doesn’t really offer much that he does. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.