RD 3, Pick 91: LB Dorian Williams, Tulane

SDS

• Simon unpinned this topic

Good article on Williams. People who weren't enamored with Tremaine's instincts may be pleased to read this:

“He has outstanding instincts and good football intelligence and a feel for the game,” Mutz said. “Some of those things you can’t coach. It shows up in some of the plays he made. Especially at the linebacker position, if you don’t have instincts, there is a ceiling on your development. You’re never going to push past a certain level of improvement.”

Perhaps if this kid were 12 lb. heavier he'd be a 1st rounder: instincts, team captain, coachable, 4.49 40...

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/traits-aside-dorian-williams-leadership-looms-as-asset-for-bills/article_da7ae788-ee9d-11ed-98c1-bb44e2a608cb.html

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

Good article on Williams. People who weren't enamored with Tremaine's instincts may be pleased to read this:

“He has outstanding instincts and good football intelligence and a feel for the game,” Mutz said. “Some of those things you can’t coach. It shows up in some of the plays he made. Especially at the linebacker position, if you don’t have instincts, there is a ceiling on your development. You’re never going to push past a certain level of improvement.”

Perhaps if this kid were 12 lb. heavier he'd be a 1st rounder: instincts, team captain, coachable, 4.49 40...

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/traits-aside-dorian-williams-leadership-looms-as-asset-for-bills/article_da7ae788-ee9d-11ed-98c1-bb44e2a608cb.html

If he can add 7 lbs of muscle, that should work 

2 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

I like everything I’m hearing from this kid who seems way more mature than his age. I think by seasons end he will be entrenched as our starting MLB . 

I feel like he beats out the incumbents. He has a much higher ceiling, but his football intelligence gives him a higher floor as well. The only place he needs to catch up to those other guys is in knowledge of the playbook, and he seems like the kind of kid who is going to dive in.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

On 5/5/2023 at 8:02 PM, intimidatortj said:

With pick 91, the Bills could have drafted:

OT Wanya Morris
DT Brodic Martin
NT Siaka Ika 
OT Nick Saldiveri
CB Kelee Ringo

Let's see in 2 years who is the better NFL player.

Well I mean you've already set yourself up for a 5 to 1 advantage and if 1 out of these guys is better you can say see I told you so. I'm glad to see many people coming around to Williams after doing a little more digging. I was always high on him and told people he was my # 2 MLB in the draft this past year. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I feel like he beats out the incumbents. He has a much higher ceiling, but his football intelligence gives him a higher floor as well. The only place he needs to catch up to those other guys is in knowledge of the playbook, and he seems like the kind of kid who is going to dive in.  

I feel like he is the guy that after TC and the Pre season the fans are yelling should start, while McDermott trots Dodson out there at least the first half of the season because of "vet experience in the system". 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Well I mean you've already set yourself up for a 5 to 1 advantage and if 1 out of these guys is better you can say see I told you so. I'm glad to see many people coming around to Williams after doing a little more digging. I was always high on him and told people he was my # 2 MLB in the draft this past year. 

The only guy who has a chance to be a solid starter imo is Ika and he may be only a 2 down type.  Williams def has the highest upside. Let Williams eventually play around 235ish and focus on rebuilding the DT room with more size. Ford is a nice start to that let's hope he stays more than one year.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I feel like he is the guy that after TC and the Pre season the fans are yelling should start, while McDermott trots Dodson out there at least the first half of the season because of "vet experience in the system". 

This is very likely the outcome

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m telling you, don’t be surprised if he turns into an all pro strong safety…he’s got the speed, power and hands…👍

I think he would a be a beast there in the old days. That type of strong safety isn't really a thing anymore with the way the game has evolved. He's a linebacker. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.