RD 3, Pick 91: LB Dorian Williams, Tulane

SDS

All these “he’s too small” posts. 🤦‍♂️ This isn’t the 70’s folks. Lambert, Butkus, etc wouldn’t fare well in this era. Are we susceptible to ‘Train’ Henry? Yes. But we were with Edmunds as well. We are dealing with a plethora of Who’s Who QBs in the AFC. None of which are renown for handing off the ball in the backfield.

WAKE UP! 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Process said:

The more I think about this pick the more I hate it. No idea wtf McBeane is doing. Such a good first two rounds and then they had to go full McBeane. They can't help themselves. 

We extend Milano. Then spend a third round pick on a guy to be his backup/ST player..... a year after spending a third round pick on a guy to be his backup/special teams player.

Ugh

Building the roster through special teams?

• Haha (+1) 1

Louis Riddick said:

"Its unreal how this man can read splits, backfield tilts...he is off the spot in a hurry, he is downhill, his run hit ability is as good as any LB in this draft...Dorian and Milano will be an absolute terror LB duo...the Bills have got one here, that is a heck of a pick up by Beane and McDermott"

Mel Kiper Jr said:

"Off the charts production, great instincts and recognition skills, leaves a lasting impression with his tackling"

I approve.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, boyst said:

Whois Dorian Williams?

I don't like small school LB's to play in big time positions. Spector was terribly evaluated, and he was a big school dude.

I dislike this. 

Worst take of all time.  OmGz, hE DidNT gOtO a Big NaMe SchOol sO hE muSt nOt bE gOod.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BILLSINATL said:

I like Dorian. Cotton Bowl D MVP, Team captain and fast. I had him as a 4th round target if we didn't get a LB early. Like last year not having our 4th hurts and there was a run at LBers. 

I like the Dorian pick. Cotton Bowl D MVP, Team captain and fast. I had him as a 4th round target if we didn't get a LB early. Like last year not having our 4th hurts and there was a run at LBers. I didn't like the Bernard pick last year. 

I like the Dorian pick. Cotton Bowl D MVP, Team captain and fast. I had him as a 4th round target if we didn't get a LB early. Like last year not having our 4th hurts and there was a run at LBers. I didn't like the Bernard pick last year. 

New to message boards, eh rook?  We got the point 🤣

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, please. He's All-Pro and not terrific?

Milano's absolutely terrific, don't kid yourself.

I was talking about Edmunds

50 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Worst take of all time.  OmGz, hE DidNT gOtO a Big NaMe SchOol sO hE muSt nOt bE gOod.

Yeah, I don't know who you are. But the whole 6969 thing, isn't it past your bedtime?

16 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

They did okay with Matt Milano.  Through all the hate on Tramaine, he was a 2 time pro bowler and signed a huge 2nd contract.

Long live Edmunds!

The pro bowl is a joke, go look at who is elected this year. Tell me the joke of a guard we played deserve to go?

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Lol what? Why make this pick

I just don’t get it.

You drafted Bernard and Spector and now Dorian.  This pick could have really shored up the OL competition and depth

Exactly. Were there really no developmental OTs to develop? At best, Beane is acknowledging he probably wasted a third-round pick on Bernard last year. Now he's spent two third-round picks on backups to Milano. Isn't that what the later rounds are for? 

8 hours ago, boyst said:

Whois Dorian Williams?

I don't like small school LB's to play in big time positions. Spector was terribly evaluated, and he was a big school dude.

I dislike this. 

Tulane I think had a top 10 program this past season.  Really got on the map.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Not sure if anyone saw what Beane had to say, or if already posted. 

Beane sees him as an outside LB for now. He said the defense will be very complex. I wonder if McD is going 4-3 base. 

I heard moving Milano to the middle too… and I think Milano can do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Louis Riddick said:

"Its unreal how this man can read splits, backfield tilts...he is off the spot in a hurry, he is downhill, his run hit ability is as good as any LB in this draft...Dorian and Milano will be an absolute terror LB duo...the Bills have got one here, that is a heck of a pick up by Beane and McDermott"

Mel Kiper Jr said:

"Off the charts production, great instincts and recognition skills, leaves a lasting impression with his tackling"

I approve.

I have been saying this for years, and I'll make the point again

Edmunds was a piss poor instinctive player. He had great physical tools, but no actual football instincts.

A player like Dorian Williams will look fantastic in our defense if he truly is instinctive and has good recognition.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.