RD 3, Pick 91: LB Dorian Williams, Tulane

SDS

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

Hes not terrific

He's better than many think.

The Bills developed him but wanted to move on so he must be that terrific...?

Oh, please. He's All-Pro and not terrific?

Milano's absolutely terrific, don't kid yourself.

Edited by Thurman#1

I think we should all take this as an exciting (anxiously exciting) move for our D in general.

Seems we now have a pretty good idea that McDermott is really about to change our D. It's interesting that we basically have 3 guys now on the team who kinda straddle that LB/Safety skillset and roll in Rapp, Bernard and Williams... and I didn't even mention Milano.

I hope McDermott proves to be the mad defensive genius for this team that Andy Reid is on offense for the Eagles.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I talked about us running a dime formation for MONTHS on and off and got SLAMMED for it...   I have been saying all along.. Cover 2 great for good offenses... but for the great one's? you need to switch it up

We certainly are changing the schemes up on both sides of the ball. Rapp was a give away on that one. When you get to Cincy and KC, they aren't going to maul, pound and bruise you; they are going to throw all over your as$. We have seen that our scheme is great in the regular season and gets exposed in the post season.

It will never be said, but I really feel like Sean wanted a change on defense. At that Cincy game watching Frazier just stand there while McD got down with the D players on the sideline to go over film and then seeing him calling plays - it just felt like we couldn't run it back.  You can say 12 seconds was a fluke, but again in the playoffs this year we have had a hard time getting off the field. The Tua - less Phins had a go at us. You can bring up Damar and the mental exhaustion and everything else, but you can't just sit back and take shot after shot.

For the teams with a strong running game and crap QB/WRs Klein will get a bunch of playing time - against the 3 WR offenses - lighter LBs and 3 safeties  or Benford/Jackson, Tre Elam and Taron. It does make sense

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Darius Leonard plays at 220. Devin White, Roquan Smith, Nick Bolton all play under in the 230's. 

He has to put on 5-7 lbs to play Mike in 2023. 

Even better. Looking at the positives 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

49 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Probably a reach because of how fast the linebackers went but he is projected as a special teamer who can compete to start.   He probably isnt big enough to play MIKE in the NFL and is more of a fit at WILL.    Oddly enough the kid is almost identical in size to Bernard.  The Bills have a huge problem at MIKE right now.    They are relying on a few undersized 3rd round draft picks to play a position they are too small for.   Meanwhile Dodson is a fringe NFLer.   Right now AJ Klein is probably best suited to start for them.

Let the smurfs play the passing down and distance situations and let Klein play the run downs.

Maybe even mix some 4-3 looks and blitz these guys more. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

I think we should all take this as an exciting (anxiously exciting) move for our D in general.

Seems we now have a pretty good idea that McDermott is really about to change our D. It's interesting that we basically have 3 guys now on the team who kinda straddle that LB/Safety skillset and roll in Rapp, Bernard and Williams... and I didn't even mention Milano.

I hope McDermott proves to be the mad defensive genius for this team that Andy Reid is on offense for the Eagles.

As I said in my post below yours - we have to counter the pass happy offenses, a thumper MLB against KC or Cincy doesn't help us much there. You need guys who can hang with the TEs and help with the WRs and pass catching RBs....

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Let the smurfs play the passing down and distance situations and let Klein play the run downs.

Maybe even mix some 4-3 looks and blitz these guys more. 

This is the way

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

He’s better than Bernard and I didn’t hate the Bernard pick. The game has changed. These guys have to cover a ton of ground now. I think he’s the starter opposite Milano next year. 

Might want to wait and see how he performs in camp before crowning him a starter in the NFL!

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

We certainly are changing the schemes up on both sides of the ball. Rapp was a give away on that one. When you get to Cincy and KC, they aren't going to maul, pound and bruise you; they are going to throw all over your as$. We have seen that our scheme is great in the regular season and gets exposed in the post season.

It will never be said, but I really feel like Sean wanted a change on defense. At that Cincy game watching Frazier just stand there while McD got down with the D players on the sideline to go over film and then seeing him calling plays - it just felt like we couldn't run it back.  You can say 12 seconds was a fluke, but again in the playoffs this year we have had a hard time getting off the field. The Tua - less Phins had a go at us. You can bring up Damar and the mental exhaustion and everything else, but you can't just sit back and take shot after shot.

For the teams with a strong running game and crap QB/WRs Klein will get a bunch of playing time - against the 3 WR offenses - lighter LBs and 3 safeties  or Benford/Jackson, Tre Elam and Taron. It does make sense

13 seconds was McDermott not Frazier and we all know it.  

Don't want to argue it anymore but the D has collapsed in every playoff loss going back to the Texans.   McD can't hide from it any longer.  It is his defense entirely now.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.