RD 3, Pick 91: LB Dorian Williams, Tulane

SDS

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Milano was scouted by Whaley and his team, which for all their faults, were great at identifying LBs. Just sayin.

Ergggghhh .... Ragland, Preston Brown, Tony Steward, Randell Johnson, Tanner Vallejo were bums.

Only Milano panned out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

They've been decent there, outside of Moss.

Singletary, Knox, Phillips were all solid to very good. Brown is promising, though it could still go either way, and with Bernard, it's too early, who knows.

They're all GONE... with the exception of Knox who'd probably be gone if not for his foolish contract

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

They've been decent there, outside of Moss.

Singletary, Knox, Phillips were all solid to very good. Brown is promising, though it could still go either way, and with Bernard, it's too early, who knows.

Bernard?

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

We do have a plan, Beane is good. A few thoughts on this pick -

1.) We place a big emphasis on ST - this is certainly one of those picks.

2.) When you spend a couple mill on Matekevich and Taiwan Jones, you can use the picks to reduce the cap hit and save that money to pay others. I get it, but it feels like we maybe place a bit too much importance on them this high in the draft.

3.) McD is a really good DC (after Philly), we do need to add to the D, but this draft overall is a thin light one

4.) This pick was more on physical and athletic traits and hoping you get lucky with development IMO. IN round 3 it is early, but again this is a light draft

Good post! I’ll push back on #1 though - 3rd round is usually too early to draft a special teamer, unless maybe it’s a dynamic returner. I know it’s a weak draft, and that might change things to some extent. But I strongly hope that he was drafted for his play on defense first and on ST second. 

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Then why sign Taylor Rapp and draft Dorian Williams if their plan is to stay status quo

Depth? We had a massive amount of injuries on D last year, and it showed. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Edmunds was a good choice. Regardless of the pitchfork crowd that he attracted over the years. There's a reason he's now the 4th best paid off-ball LB, behind only Roquan, Shaquille Leonard and Fred Warner.

And the reason he was developed was that he was drafted. By the Bills. As a longshot. 

You do know that drafting a longshot who becomes terrific says great things about your drafting, right?

Hes not terrific

He's better than many think.

The Bills developed him but wanted to move on so he must be that terrific...?

This pick could have really given the OL a new look and made the top 3 rounds a solid A. The selection makes 0 sense to me

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Another one - instincts being the key, which seems to be a word that sticks with him and exactly what Edmunds lacked. 

except Beane already said he isnt’

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You want a serious MLB replacement, go give Luke Kuechly a trillion dollars to unretire. Otherwise I don't really know who fits an Edmunds replacement this late in the draft. 

True, unfortunately.

Once Campbell went, there really wasn't anybody this year.

Of course, they could have drafted some other position in the 3rd round.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You hate it when people consider their own prospect projections while determining if they think someone is a reach?  This is strange coming from you. I have nothing but respect for you.  Maybe we have different definitions of reach?

I thought Terrell Bernard was a reach.

I thought John Ross was a massive reach.  

I thought Mika Mamula was a reach. 

they were all drafted….. but shouldn’t have been drafted that early- A team drafted them prematurely. Hence a reach. 

If what you say is the rule, the term reach wouldn’t exist.  But it does exist.  

Ok I guess let me better explain. People are begging for Dawand Jones, Trenton Simpson etc? What is the reason for that?

Most of the time, not all , is because they’ve seen those guys really high in a lot of mock draft ls that the media pull out. 

So when it gets to the 3rd round and Simpson is still on the board, why are people not questioning the mock drafts that had him going high as he sits there in late round 3 versus realizing there is something going on that they either don’t know or haven’t seen. 

I explained Simpson lacks instincts , which Louis Riddick(who’s been interviewed for GM jobs) backs that exact sentiment up on ESPN when the pick goes down.

It’s clear Dawand Jones hasn’t gone because theirs weight and work ethic concerns but because he was mocked in round 1 by media , people are still begging for him when it’s now 100 picks deep and 32 NFL GMs have passed on him multiple times. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bearcat said:

Hopefully he can add 10-15lbs without losing much(if any) speed. Should be able to get to London Fletcher weight with a NFL program.

https://www.nfl.com/players/london-fletcher/

Darius Leonard plays at 220. Devin White, Roquan Smith, Nick Bolton all play under in the 230's. 

He has to put on 5-7 lbs to play Mike in 2023. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.