RD 3, Pick 91: LB Dorian Williams, Tulane

SDS

1 minute ago, Process said:

So last year we spent a third round pick on a backup for Milano, and we follow with a third round pick this year on a backup to the backup to Milano? 

Because Beane has to have some WTF picks so we don’t get spoiled. 

2 minutes ago, Cash said:

Fair point. But in the other poster’s defense, it seems very unlikely that both Bernard and Williams play any significant amount of time next year, or probably at all. Obviously that could change if Milano gets hurt, or if one of them fills the big nickel role or something. 

We play 2 LBs the vast majority of the time. Milano is an every-down player. That leaves one spot of regular play time between Bernard, Williams, Klein, Dodson, or Spector.

Could be true but depth is never a bad thing either, Milano goes down it seems every season.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Another small front 7 player... Why is that Beane's obsession?

It's the new NFL.

Our biggest rivals - Cincy and KC are going to throw way more than run. Need that speed , athleticism and coverage skill in this scheme

If he has some legit instincts, he'll be a better fit than Tremaine 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

Agreed I just thought it was funny reading that right after hearing what he said. I hope me and Marino are both dead wrong about Williams.

Right...And for the record, I don't love the Williams pick, and I especially did not like the Bernard pick last year...it's weird. I love having them both on my team because they are great team guys...But I just look at this Defense right now and wonder how in the world they are going to stop anyone from running the ball? I'm not overly impressed with their DT's, and their LB's are either small/light or Klein...It's just a weird mix...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

Edmunds was not the right choice and Milano was developed and a longshot.

Edmunds was a good choice. Regardless of the pitchfork crowd that he attracted over the years. There's a reason he's now the 4th best paid off-ball LB, behind only Roquan, Shaquille Leonard and Fred Warner.

And the reason he was developed was that he was drafted. By the Bills. As a longshot. 

You do know that drafting a longshot who becomes terrific says great things about your drafting, right?

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

we already have Matachevich for ST and now they felt the need to spend another pick on this

Because McD is running the show and gets what he wants. An undersized, quick, lunch pail to work guy that’s the underdog. This pick has McClappy written all over it 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.