RD 3, Pick 91: LB Dorian Williams, Tulane

SDS

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Milano was a sensational pick and Edmunds was good. So you should.

Not that I know the first thing about Dorian Williams.

Generally not doing well (or doing very well for that matter) at picking any particular position is more about sample size, the early or late nature of the picks you've taken and luck than it is about difficulty picking any one particular position.

Milano was scouted by Whaley and his team, which for all their faults, were great at identifying LBs. Just sayin.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Here’s what he said on his livestream:

”I don’t like this pick at all”

”This is a real stinker”

”Pour me a glass”

I really like Joe and I've had some back and forth with him over the years that was very nice...He's a good dude. He lives in Charlotte and I lived there for 20 years and we've had some cool talks...I told him some fun stories about the good old days at The Township Grille...

But he's not always right. It's funny because when he and Bruce Nolan do their "look back at the previous year and what I would have done show" every year...IMHO it's not THAT impressive in hindsight. I do far less film study and feel like I can go toe-to-toe...Not on the breaking down film side...Don't get me wrong. But in projecting who will be good in the NFL, and team building... B-)

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cash said:

BBB says he’ll be at OLB for now. This is a head-scratcher for me. Not considered a value pick. At OLB, doesn’t particularly fill a need either. I don’t really see the point here to be honest. 

BBB also said they thought about trading down, but would have had to move back further than they were comfortable with. My response: Learn to be more comfortable. You can always trade back up after trading down

I'm sure Beane would love to hear your advice

• Eyeroll 2

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Demand jones has been said to be lazy and unmotivated. Not a Process guy. 

Also a first rd talent guy that maybe you can motivate. Unlike this 5th rd talent that’s undersized and will never ever start 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

We've been chasing the undersized linebacker ST demon, like the dragon, for years.  

Not in the 3rd, we haven't.

Dunno the thought behind this, but I'm confident STs isn't more than the 3rd or 4th consideration here.

I wish they'd traded back here. I guess they'd have had to trade back too far, they say? I'd rather they'd done that. But I don't know Williams at all. I could very easily be proven wrong.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Maybe joe Marino should be our gm 

Not just him. Basically every report I have read has him as a back-up linebacker/ teams player.

That is 5th/6th round value, not late 3rd.

We will see but they don't really get the benefit of the doubt as their day 2 picks have been horrible the last few years

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Thanks, I’ll take that as a first good sign regarding someone I know nothing about. Playing MLB at 228lbs sounds like a challenge. What is he like? 

He has the instincts that Simpson lacks to read and diagnose plays. He’s an above average Blitzer and he is good in coverage in zone particularly. He does need some work if he’s manned up on someone but what LB doesn’t. He is undersized and it would probably help to have a couple big DTs in front of him but it doesn’t look like we’re going to get that unless they take a big man in the 5th

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

We don't have a 4th, so if he was on the radar, I guess we pulled the trigger. Big run on LB's in this round.

Yup, our hand may have not been forced, but we were left with what they didn't want.  It may not be a reach, but it feels like it probably was.  The argument that he's too small is silly, because all the other ILB's were the same weight basically.  That argument comes down to talent

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.