RD 2, Pick 59: G O’Cyrus Torrence, Florida

SDS

I was happy with Kincaid  but was hoping for Torrence. This is the best of both worlds. I did not see either of these guys dropping to the Bills in Rd. 2.  100% smiles tonight. If somehow we land Simpson or Sanders in the 3rd, I will do backflips. At this point I would trade up to nail one of these LB's. After that we are set and extra picks are just luxury crapshoots.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Why do you say that? Footwork? I noticed that was a negative of Torrence’s, that he sometimes puts his toes out too far 

That. Cant get out on the move that well. He can push straight ahead well, but is soft if he has to move laterally. Plus I dont like how that Florida team played so not high on players coming out of there.

I dunno. I dont want to bag on the kid too bad. I'm cheering for him now that he is a Bill. Just wish the draft went differently.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The comparison would be athletic profiles.

Cody was a RT.  He couldn't do that and couldn't move to RG.  I see your "athletic" point, but Torrence is a full-time natural RG.

Let's see what an NFL camp will do with him.

• Like (+1) 1

The front office was obviously just as annoyed as we were watching defenders fly by Saffold and Bates in 2-3 steps and making them look like turnstiles consistently last season.  They are finally investing in the O-Line with young and hungry players instead of aging discounted vets that are passed their prime.

A little worried about his size limiting his movement, but our strength and conditioning staff should be able to help him there. Excited to have a huge mauler on the line again, though.

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I always worry when I hear non athletic and offensive lineman. Especially with guys that weigh more than 335. I hope I'm wrong but don't like this guy, I see a tub of goo. 

Try running through a tub of goo to sack a QB. Not so easy eh? 

Better than the tubs of "sorry sir let me get out of your way" guards we've been rotating the past few years.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m not sold on the approach here although I get the value.  Assume they’re gonna put Torrence next to Dawkins, so does this mean Dawkins doesn’t kick inside in a couple of years?  More importantly, you’ve got the left side of the line set up for a power scheme now, but not really the right side.  And running screen passes behind Dawkins and Torrence and asking them to get downfield and block?  I don’t think so.

Just an odd schematic fit to me but they’ve been doing this mismatch thing on the o-line for most of McD’s tenure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m not sold on the approach here although I get the value.  Assume they’re gonna put Torrence next to Dawkins, so does this mean Dawkins doesn’t kick inside in a couple of years?  More importantly, you’ve got the left side of the line set up for a power scheme now, but not really the right side.  And running screen passes behind Dawkins and Torrence and asking them to get downfield and block?  I don’t think so.

Just an odd schematic fit to me but they’ve been doing this mismatch thing on the o-line for most of McD’s tenure.

Torrence RG only.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.