Day 2 LIVE NFL DRAFT, 7pm

HOUSE

Come on, people. Let’s give the kid a chance now.  I heard that McD might move Milano to MLB, and Beane has already said that Williams will start his career on the outside.  

Can we at least see how he’s used before we start labeling him as a bust?

9 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Who gives a *****?

Well, It's an opinion from someone who does a very good daily Bills podcast, who is immersed in the draft and scouting, and who has a track record of reasoned assessments and not hot takes. It doesn't make him always right but when he says he likes or doesn't like someone, he has analytics and film study behind his opinions.

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

Come on, people. Let’s give the kid a chance now.  I heard that McD might move Milano to MLB, and Beane has already said that Williams will start his career on the outside.  

Can we at least see how he’s used before we start labeling him as a bust?

Beane emphatically stated about a month ago that Matt Milano will not be moved. That is just a made up message board thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Beane emphatically stated about a month ago that Matt Milano will not be moved. That is just a made up message board thing. 

Yeah perhaps. 

My source advised that this came from watching Cover 1.  I didn’t watch.
“They think McDermott is going to bring Rapp in to play more packages with dime… Milano possibly to MLB, Bernard and Williams on the outside , a little less nickel, packages where it’s tough to tell who’s coming.”

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Yeah perhaps. 

My source advised that this came from watching Cover 1.  I didn’t watch.
“They think McDermott is going to bring Rapp in to play more packages with dime… Milano possibly to MLB, Bernard and Williams on the outside , a little less nickel, packages where it’s tough to tell who’s coming.”

He basically said “we will keep him where he is at.” 

I think we will see some Rapp in nickel/dime but Milano is going to stay in the spot he has been in imo. Everyone else will move around him. It doesn’t make sense to move him from where he has excelled to accommodate lesser players….downgrading two spots in the process.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

We should've drafted this guy

Williams measurables beyond height and weight. He's not really a Smurf, and has the kind of frame that can easily add weight. 

Big hands, long arms, huge wing span, one of the fastest LB's in the league. 

HANDS: 10 1/4 (79%)

ARM: 33 3/4 (78%)

SPAN: 80 6/8 (93%)

FORTY: 4.49 (C) (95%)

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He basically said “we will keep him where he is at.” 

I think we will see some Rapp in nickel/dime but Milano is going to stay in the spot he has been in imo. Everyone else will move around him. It doesn’t make sense to move him from where he has excelled to accommodate lesser players….downgrading two spots in the process.

Yep I hear ya. Just passing along info. Not saying it’s definitely happening.  Let’s just hope Williams proves the doubters wrong!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Williams measurables beyond height and weight. He's not really a Smurf, and has the kind of frame that can easily add weight. 

Big hands, long arms, huge wing span, one of the fastest LB's in the league. 

HANDS: 10 1/4 (79%)

ARM: 33 3/4 (78%)

SPAN: 80 6/8 (93%)

FORTY: 4.49 (C) (95%)

I was just kidding, I liked his gloves.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Yep I hear ya. Just passing along info. Not saying it’s definitely happening.  Let’s just hope Williams proves the doubters wrong!

I like the pick. I just don’t like what Beane said about his usage, but there is huge upside there. I love what Riddick was saying about the kid. I know we will never know, but I am super curious what their linebacker rankings looked like. 

• Like (+1) 3

• SDS unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.