The Bills pick at #59 will follow this board of players.

Chaos

This post is a followup to this post, where I correctly projected Dalton Kincaid as the Bills first round projection.  https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/246918-the-bills-first-round-selection-27-will-be-offense-and-from-among-these-five-players/

The second round is a bit harder to project in estimation.  But I believe the Bills are committed to the offensive side of the ball, and will be targeting options to improve the oline.  This will be balanced against BPA options at Lineback and Cornerback, if the Oline opportunities don't line up.  

I have come up with my Bills miniboard of ten players.  This the order I think the Bills would rank these 10 players right now, of those that are left. The highest ranked player on the board who is left is who I expect the Bills too take.  The three in yellow, I think have little to no chance to be available at 59.  However, if by some miracle they were, they would be the choices.  The reason they are highlighted is because I think the Bills will consider trading up to select one of them.  The next four in white, I also expect to be off the board at 59, but there is some realistic chance they could be there.  If they are, I think the Bills would take them in that order.  The players in green are players I expect to be available 59 (This is a fairly big projected slide for Dawand Jones, but I think he will fall this far).  If he and Bergeron are both available, I expect Dawand Jones to be picked ahead.  He does NOT seem to be a process guy, but he has a better chance to outright win the starting job from Spencer Brown to start the season. He is also more likely to bust than Bergeron.   If neither of all of the top 9 are off the board, I think the Bills will go defense and will take Tryique Stevenson, who I think will be available.  

I would be pretty exited personally with any of Avila, Porter, Torrence, Tippman, or Jones.   I am not sure they others will be impactful this 2023 season.  I do think they all will be enventual starters somewhere in the NFL.

:image.png.e6af346c858e8a96d70a9bf7c0c558d9.png

Further reading, leads me to believe Tippmann is now more likely than not to be available at 59, making him my estimate of being the most likely pick. 

image.png.e39976d8f6ac0d9de110cdf066de69c0.png

Important note. Internet speculation about a DHOP trade runs rampant.  That would of course throw off everything. No idea if that speculation is based on anything real. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Avila would be a dream pick. My favorite interior lineman in round 2 by far. Schmitz is likely to go before 59 too but he’s my #2.

Simpson over Sanders for LB. I think he’s a better fit and is overall a better player. That being said, I think someone takes him before us. Sanders might be there, but I could see OG and DT being viewed as higher priority than LB if Simpson is gone.

DT: I’d like to see Keannu Benton get considered if they go that route. I think he’s the best DT available today personally and would be great in the system. I know it’s not a “sexy” pick, but I could get behind it depending how the Bills play the rest of the draft out.

I hate being that guy, but if OG and LB prospects are gone I’d consider moving to the 70’s to get back a 4th or another 5th if there’s a willing trade partner. We have a few holes that need addressing and we can still find impact players in the early 3rd round.

12 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This post is a followup to this post, where I correctly projected Dalton Kincaid as the Bills first round projection.  https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/246918-the-bills-first-round-selection-27-will-be-offense-and-from-among-these-five-players/

The second round is a bit harder to project in estimation.  But I believe the Bills are committed to the offensive side of the ball, and will be targeting options to improve the oline.  This will be balanced against BPA options at Lineback and Cornerback, if the Oline opportunities don't line up.  

I have come up with my Bills miniboard of ten players.  This the order I think the Bills would rank these 10 players right now, of those that are left. The highest ranked player on the board who is left is who I expect the Bills too take.  The three in yellow, I think have little to no chance to be available at 59.  However, if by some miracle they were, they would be the choices.  The reason they are highlighted is because I think the Bills will consider trading up to select one of them.  The next four in white, I also expect to be off the board at 59, but there is some realistic chance they could be there.  If they are, I think the Bills would take them in that order.  The players in green are players I expect to be available 59 (This is a fairly big projected slide for Dawand Jones, but I think he will fall this far).  If he and Bergeron are both available, I expect Dawand Jones to be picked ahead.  He does NOT seem to be a process guy, but he has a better chance to outright win the starting job from Spencer Brown to start the season. He is also more likely to bust than Bergeron.   If neither of all of the top 9 are off the board, I think the Bills will go defense and will take Tryique Stevenson, who I think will be available.  

I would be pretty exited personally with any of Avila, Porter, Torrence, Tippman, or Jones.   I am not sure they others will be impactful this 2023 season.  I do think they all will be enventual starters somewhere in the NFL.

Important note. Internet speculation about a DHOP trade runs rampant.  That would of course throw off everything. No idea if that speculation is based on anything real. 

Huh? What now with DHop? Haven't seen anything  & Great job narrowing down and  predicting Kincaid!   I'd like Dawand Jones from this list 

NFL Network was interviewing Von this morning from his golf cart. They asked him about his shadowing Beane and wanting to be a GM. They then asked him about DHOP and Von says "DHOP would love to play in Buffalo but, there's a lot of things to get worked out" ... Just Von yapping.

6 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

DT: I’d like to see Keannu Benton get considered if they go that route. I think he’s the best DT available today personally and would be great in the system. I know it’s not a “sexy” pick, but I could get behind it depending how the Bills play the rest of the draft out.

In past years I think I would have agreed with this. However I think the Chiefs and Eagles rewrote the book on drafting.  Competitive are following the playbook and focusing on getting immediate impact players.  I am not sure Benton would update DT this season, whereas I think all of the players in the list have at least a chance to upgrade a postition on the Bills.  If the Bills go for a DT in this draft, i think it might be for a giant run stuffer.  Visions of Ed Oliver getting blown up the Bengals makeshift oline last year has to be a cause for nightmares at one bills drive still. 

Just now, frostbitmic said:

NFL Network was interviewing Von this morning from his golf cart. They asked him about his shadowing Beane and wanting to be a GM. They then asked him about DHOP and Von says "DHOP would love to play in Buffalo but, there's a lot of things to get worked out" ... Just Von yapping.

But is it shadow yapping :)

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Give me Joe Tippmann please and thank you.

and Also I am officially calling it IF Hopkins gets moved it will not be during this draft.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Give me Joe Tippmann please and thank you.

I think Tippman is  50/50 to be there at 59.  As I mentioned, I would be excited about that pick. I would expect him to beat out Ryan Bates as starting gaurd for this season, take over for Morse next year.  I think a very good fit for the Bills.  Four of the five teams picking right in front of the Bill probably have Center on their needs list. I think the Bills might have to trade up to 50 or 52 to secure Tippman. 

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I think Tippman is  50/50 to be there at 59.  As I mentioned, I would be excited about that pick. I would expect him to beat out Ryan Bates as starting gaurd for this season, take over for Morse next year.  I think a very good fit for the Bills.  Four of the five teams picking right in front of the Bill probably have Center on their needs list. I think the Bills might have to trade up to 50 or 52 to secure Tippman. 

I do agree I think he will be likely gone.  I would be fine with that.  go up to 50 send off the 2024 4th that would be enough to get it done.  Immediate starting OG, and the Future for Morse.  Use those 4th and below picks to get the impact players, those 4th and below picks will have a hard time making this team and will end up walking anyway like alot of your later picks are doing lately because the roster is pretty complete.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I think Bergeron would be ahead of all the OLine as he is the only one that really has tackle/guard flex. I don’t think Dawand Jones will be on their board since there seems to be concerns over his motivation and conditioning. Good list though, I could see all of those aside from Jones.

52 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Joey Porter left the green room in KC and is on his way to Pittsburgh 😎

Should be trenches: OG/OT then DT.  Which aligns with your top 10 board.

Even though we added DK, i think theres an outside chance they look at a WR/slot prospect too, if someone they really like slides.  Wouldnt be my top choice, but we are still going to run a solid amount of 3 WR/1 TE sets.   And depends what they think of Gabe long-term, likely still learning how to best use Shakir.  Josh Downs, or Tank Dell - whose speed/elusiveness is elite....kinda reminds me of Wandale Robinson going to Gmen LY

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Lol, you literally just got snarky with me over a playful joke I made in your thread prior to this one.  You wrote:  "reading comprehension in an important skill" and then posted a screen shot of your quote from you thread with the sentence circled:  "I will commit before the second round starts" and told me to click the link to this post to see said commitment.

So I click the link you provided...and poof, its another 10 person list of obvious players that could be options for the Bills in the 2nd round?  Lol, sorry that is not a commitment to a prediction of who we will draft.  It just comes across as you just hedging your bets so you can manufacture the best odds to say you were right while being wrong on at least the 9 other ones we don't pick.  You even added an 11th scenario disclaimer of a Hopkins trade lol.  

And honestly, I actually liked your last post and I like this one and agreed with both.  I will even give you kudos for 2 good write ups, I enjoyed them.  I just think these read better if you drop this obvious angle of trying to create 11 scenarios that have high probability to happen so you can say "I was right" if one happens.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, you literally just tried to be a smart a** over a playful joke I made in your thread prior to this one.  You wrote:  "reading comprehension in an important skill" and then posted a screen shot of your quote from you thread with the sentence circled:  "I will commit before the second round starts" and told me to click the link to this post to see said commitment.

So I click the link you provided...and poof, its another 10 person list of obvious players that could be options for the Bills in the 2nd round?  Lol, sorry that is not a commitment to a prediction of who we will draft.  It just comes across as you just hedging your bets so you can manufacture the best odds to say you were right while being wrong on at least the 9 other ones we don't pick.  You even added an 11th scenario disclaimer of a Hopkins trade lol.  

And honestly, I actually liked your last post and I like this one and agreed with both.  I will even give you kudos for 2 good write ups, I enjoyed them.  I just think these read better if you drop this obvious angle of trying to create 11 scenarios that have high probability to happen so you can say "I was right" if one happens.  

Literally everyone else who posted understands concept. It is not a list of 10 people where if they pick any of them, i claim i am right. 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Literally everyone else who posted understands concept. It is not a list of 10 people where if they pick any of them, i claim i am right. 

Your doing fine chaos I like the list just don’t think a lot of them are on the board unless they trade up and I don’t think Dawand Jones is an option 

13 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I appreciate your insights/writeup,keep them coming. Hopefully you can sneak one in for 3rd round, after our 2nd round pick. 

Great job predicting the 1st pick!

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Your doing fine chaos I like the list just don’t think a lot of them are on the board unless they trade up and I don’t think Dawand Jones is an option 

The only three i expect to be on the board, are the ones in green.  The other seven picks, are contingencies.  I think last night, it is quite possible the Bills had Kincaid ranked in the top 15, and moved as soon as they realized they could get him without giving up massive draft capital. 

Players that I’d be happy with on day 2 in no particular round or order-

Bergeron

Mauch

Avila

Schmitz

Dawand Jones (ugh)

Torrence

Wypler

Tippman

Saldiveri

duncan

zavala

steen

freeland

Mingo

hyatt

tillman

rice

mims

perry

reed

scott

benton

ika

pickens

Adebawore 

ojulari

Keion white

dexter

tuipulotu

simpson

sanders

Henley

to’oto’o

porter jr

branch

ringo

cam smith

Dj turner

stevenson

julius Brents

darius rush

devon achane-  🤣 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.