The era of the DD KKgun has begun…. Who else is excited?

BuffaloBorn1960

Name is meh, so work on that haha

I’m pretty excited now because if we were gonna go TE Kincaid was the most exciting and because of Beanes comments on what their plan is for him.  i figured and wanted us to take a TE in this draft, just wasn’t high on the idea of taking one round 1 unless the board fell in a way where it was the BPA.

And the board did fall that way, so was happy with that choice.  But my initial reservation is that it would have been for one of the other more traditional TEs (as i thought Kincaid would have been gone) and I lacked confidence Dorsey would maximize the value of two TEs on this team.

However, with it being Kincaid and hearing Beane confirm he wasn’t brought here to block and will be used more as a big WR, well that made me a lot more comfortable that they will get this kid meaningful targets to validate the draft status.  

I still need to see Dorsey put it all together, but this kid is a weapon and excited to see him on the field with Allen and company.  

• Like (+1) 1

Dorsey should study film from the Pats when they had Gronk and the murderer. Watching that offense was something else. Most teams don't have the personnel to match up with 2 good tight ends. 

Edited by Dopey

I hate to be cynical, but it depends.  Based on Dorsey's play calling last year, on a typical series on first down the Bills will run Cook off tackle into the line for roughly three yards, and then on 2nd and 3rd down, Diggs and Kincaid will run deep post patterns, despite the fact that the Bills' porous offensive line will allow Allen roughly 1.5 seconds to throw the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m actually pretty excited about this pick.  He’s got awesome long term potential, but should be an absolute nightmare to cover if used as basically a big slot guy.  Major concerns are his lack of experience and the fact he needed injuries to break the Utah line up.  Those are some big red flags to me.  That said, the guy has all the tools and a nice set of hands.  Worst case, he should be a 40-60 catch guy, best case he develops to a Kelce type that’s just impossible to deal with.  The fact Knox is also a well above average all around TE, if schemed up properly, this could be real good. 

I don't see this team going full attack with 2 TEs, even though the masses seem to think so right now.

I see the pick last night as a statement that we have seen enough of Knox and are moving on.

By the way, Beane just CANNOT HELP HIMSELF---he has to trade up! 

It's is his worst flaw, by far.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBorn1960 said:

imagine Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox with Cook in  the backfield…. This could be awesome 

1 hour ago, Kaenon said:

Diggs, Davis, Dawson, and Dalton.

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

thats a lotta D

I don’t have a problem with all the D names. 

But you gotta admit that the names “Dalton Kincaid” and “Dawson Knox” are straight out of a prep school movie like School Ties or Scent of a Woman. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.