Forum help please

Scott7975

46 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Scott.  Turn off your iPad hit the two buttons, reset the pad and then search for TBD on google.  See if it works then.

I’ve never of you’re problem,

but when I have a problem I just reset everything.  Most of the time it works.

You may have had a bug in the background.

Its on my new PC, not my ipad

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Its on my new PC, not my ipad

scott what is your update man where you at with it.. IS the mouse wheel loose?

ALSO

Try this.

Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Settings. Select Bluetooth and devices from the left sidebar. In the right pane, click Mouse. Turn off the toggle next to Scroll inactive windows when hovering over them.

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

scott what is your update man where you at with it.. IS the mouse wheel loose?

no this mouse is practically new.  Nothing is loose.  Mousepad is brand new as well.  For now my workaround is to just hold pageup after I click next page lol.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

no this mouse is practically new.  Nothing is loose.  Mousepad is brand new as well.  For now my workaround is to just hold pageup after I click next page lol.

disconnect mike use arrows to get to buttons and click next page that way. see what happens

Well. it now happened to me on my desktop. Before I noticed only on my phone. It probably happened before on the desktop, but I never noticed it because it happens enough times now, so I just accept it and deal.

I clicked the number link at the bottom of page 1 of the thread below to get to page 2:

Have we bridged the playoff gap? - Page 2 - The Stadium Wall - Two Bills Drive

https: [brackets inserted here on purpose] //www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/247106-have-we-bridged-the-playoff-gap/page/2/#comments

[Note: I inserted the above brackets in the link above so the link would appear here as text]

Here is the actual link, displayed graphically:

As I said, it took me automatically to the bottom of page 2. Then I went back to page 1 and clicked the same page 2 number again, and this time it took me [correctly] to the top of page 2.

I just think it's some sort of weird glitch TBD has. Enough people here have had it where I don't think it's a problem with their cache or mouse or whatever. It happens to me both on desktop and phone, so it's definitely not the mouse. My advice is just live with it and deal.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/28/2023 at 9:46 AM, Scott7975 said:

I haven't been on the forum much since the season ended but this just started happening to me the other day... Almost every time I click next page on a thread, it moves to the next page but then scrolls to the bottom of the page and I have to scroll back up.  It doesn't happen every time but it does happen most of the time.  It's extremely annoying.  Has this happened to anyone else and or do you know how to fix this?

Same , i just scroll back up

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah it’s not the mouse, mousepad, or drivers. I have two brand new mouse pads. I tried two different mice and my drivers are fine. It’s either forum glitch or it just doesn’t like Edge. Edge works fine on every other forum I have been too. 

I’ll have to deal with it I guess but it is annoying. 

Edited by Scott7975

On 4/29/2023 at 10:14 AM, SDS said:

when this happens, tell me the exact link you are using. This matters because certain links take you to the bottom of the page.

I went to the Ford topic, clicking on the title. Read the first page, clicked on next, went to the bottom of page 2. Clicked on prev, then on next and I went to the top of page 2. Cleared my cache and the same thing is happening. My title link setting is to go to the first unread message. Seems like there is an issue with the indexing of the last unread message. Maybe moderator maint is causing it to get corrupted? I am using a laptop running windows 11 and edge version 112.0.1722.64 (Official build) (64-bit). This has been happening for a while to me, it hasn't been a big enough issue for me to put something in the tech support. But since this is going, I'll add some info.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just wanted to say that it stopped doing this within the last few days.  Not sure if something changed on the website or something changed on Edge but it's fixed.  I'm so happy.  It was driving me bonkers having to have to scroll to the top of almost every new page. It honestly drove me so nuts that I spent less time here than I wanted to.

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just wanted to say that it stopped doing this within the last few days.  Not sure if something changed on the website or something changed on Edge but it's fixed.  I'm so happy.  It was driving me bonkers having to have to scroll to the top of almost every new page. It honestly drove me so nuts that I spent less time here than I wanted to.

The only thing that changed was that I fixed the gif insertion function. I did that on Monday.

I guess I cleared system caches when I did that, so maybe there’s a chance there was something corrupted in there that got cleared out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/28/2023 at 9:54 AM, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, I dont have this problem on my Mac.  I just built this PC for gaming.  Maybe it's MS Edge or its my super ultra wide monitor. I just don't know.  

Its not first world problem serious but it is a serious annoyance to me.  I'm just asking if anyone else had this problem and found a fix.

Maybe try clearing the cache on that browser?  Maybe some setting that auto scrolls to  bottom of pages once loaded.   Google the browsers settings to see if there are such in that program.  Otherwise  yea be scrolling scrolling, scrolling RAWHIDE....  

On 4/28/2023 at 6:46 AM, Scott7975 said:

I haven't been on the forum much since the season ended but this just started happening to me the other day... Almost every time I click next page on a thread, it moves to the next page but then scrolls to the bottom of the page and I have to scroll back up.  It doesn't happen every time but it does happen most of the time.  It's extremely annoying.  Has this happened to anyone else and or do you know how to fix this?

It's happened a lot others, me included. There have been a number of threads about it but Im too lazy to look them up. It's a known issue that is uncorrectable. Probably a software flaw.

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

The only thing that changed was that I fixed the gif insertion function. I did that on Monday.

I guess I cleared system caches when I did that, so maybe there’s a chance there was something corrupted in there that got cleared out.

It's been happening for years here. No biggie and not your fault. I think it' a software developer issue. I like your attentiveness to these issues though. They don't care on other forums. Makes this a top-notch site!

11 minutes ago, chongli said:

It's happened a lot others, me included. There have been a number of threads about it but Im too lazy to look them up. It's a known issue that is uncorrectable. Probably a software flaw.

It's been happening for years here. No biggie and not your fault. I think it' a software developer issue. I like your attentiveness to these issues though. They don't care on other forums. Makes this a top-notch site!

are you saying it still happens today? You go to a new page and it scrolls to the bottom?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.