RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

Dalton Kincaid

YEAR    GAMES   RECEPTIONS   RECEIVING YARDS    TARGET SHARE    CATCH RATE         RECEIVING TOUCHDOWN  

2020     1 (TE)          1   (3 tgts)         14 (14.0 ypr)              1.9%                           33.3%                             0

2021     13 (TE)       36 (46 tgts)     510 (14.2 ypr)             11.5%                          78.3%                              8      

2022     12 (TE)       70 (96 tgts)     890 (12.7 ypr)             21.7%                         72.9%                              8

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Talked to my brother who is a Utahite and a major Chiefs fan.  He was really hoping that Kincaid would drop to the Chiefs.  I won't repeat what he said when Kincaid had dropped to 25, but let's just say he was rather excited.    His heart sank when the Bills picked him.  Says the dude is way better than I can imagine, and the Bills are going to be very very happy to have him on the team.

So, there is that.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 7

13 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Not sure if this was mentioned among the discussion about jumping the Cowboys to get our pick but I heard a Peter King interview yesterday and he said that KC was also targeting Kincaid in the 1st.

Ian R also said the Rams tried to move into the 1st for Kincaid and other teams were very interested as well.

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/28/2023 at 8:07 PM, Luka said:

Kincaid is an excellent pick in terms of talent.  The real question is whether or not Dorsey can actually draw up a gameplan that utilizes Knox and Kincaid effectively. 

If Ken Dorsey can't get the ball to Kincaid in his 2nd season as OC, he shouldn't be one.

I'm not worried about it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

Living in the past.

In 2019 and 2020, Knox had a ton of drops. In 2021, Knox had the 4th lowest drop percentage on the team of all players with >20 targets.  In 2022, he had the second lowest.

We need to throw to both. Dawson has definitely cleaned up his drops. Kincaid just simply drops nothing. I would hope neither is jettisoned to blocking duty.  I consider Kincaid like a TE/ WR hybrid. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Yantha said:

I enjoyed this:

Makes me wish Simms was a more respected evaluator of talent lol. Love the enthusiastic analysis of a pick that so many less-informed Bills fans got upset about. A TE?! Spoke with a bunch of fans who were upset about the pick only because Dawson Knox got (over)paid and they didn't think we needed another TE. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.