RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

36 minutes ago, since79 said:

great in traffic, know how to shield with their body, have a firm grip on the ball in the paint and find open space in smaller holes

are you describing the perfect date?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Yes. He’s so damn fluid and his body control and way he immediately catches and rolls his momentum into YAc. He has that kelce wiggle. Super pumped about him 

That’s first thing I noticed too in his highlights.  He catches the ball effortlessly and then is immediately getting upfield.  Kelce was first guy I thought of.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is just flat out false. Michael Mayer had more yards and TDs than Kincaid. You guys are crazy. 

It's actually not false. You must not be counting Kincaid's stats at U of San Diego.

Career stats

Kincaid: 175 rec, 2,623 yards, 34 TDs

Mayer: 180 rec, 2,099 yards, 18 TDs

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is just flat out false. Michael Mayer had more yards and TDs than Kincaid. You guys are crazy. 

You should be thrilled we have Shakir then. By your standards, he absolutely blows away the first two WR’s taken in this draft. No need for another. 

Shakir is 6’0” 196lbs, with 9 ½” hands and 22 years old. He’s a great athlete with speed who ran a 4.43 40-yard dash and a 34.5” vertical jump. Shakir played four years at Boise State; he ranks fifth all-time in receptions with 208, fourth in receiving yards with 2,878 and sixth in career 100-yard receiving games with 10 such games. In his final season at school (2021), he posted career highs in catches with 77, receiving yards with 1,117 and touchdowns with seven. Shakir was a first-team All-Mountain West player in 2020 and 2021. He also can play running back, he had 71 carries for 414 yards and four touchdowns in his collegiate career. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Didn't Dawson Knox barely have any yards and zero TDs in college, yet we still took him in the 3rd round? 

Sometimes your abilities and potential aren't clearly reflected in your stats. 

Just checked, Knox's best season at Ole Miss was 24 receptions, 321 yards & 0 TDs his junior year. His senior year was 15 receptions, 284 yards, and 0 TDs.

Even though he's not DOMINANT now, he was capable of far more than his college stats showed

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ytownblofan said:

For the sake of argument, let's say this is true. How many "good corners" do most teams carry? 1 maybe 2. Cool, let's say 2 just for the argument, one on Diggs with likely bracket coverage, and the other "good corner" on Kincaid. Does that leave a team's 3rd best corner alone on an island against Davis? 

I present you, Gabe Davis, against an average corner with no safety help:

gabe davis.png

IronMaidenBills is just outing himself as one of those "I'm never happy unless my team is stocked with nothing less than 53 unanimous 1st Team All Pros".

1- He's just flat out wrong about Gabe being "not good".  He has borderline elite abilities, just with a drops issue that led to our new OC not trusting him with a higher workload.  He still produced well despite his drops. Does he forget all the examples (like your image) of Davis torching "average" DBs?

2- I'll never get the mindset of people who think complicated things are "just that easy" to solve.  Like "they'll just put a good CB on Kincaid".  Well.....what about Kincaid being good?  Why is the good CB (if one is even available, like you said) automatically shutting down the good TE?  Will the top TE TD machine in the nation NEVER win that battle?  Why is a lighter defensive scheme with more "good" DBs being weaker to the run not considered?  WHO THEN DO YOU PUT ON KNOX, or the slot receiver?

*edit*

Ok this point is just too stupid to not hammer a bit more.  Like wah we don't have enough weapons for Josh.  "OK Beane here, I will then use our single 1st round pick on a great weapon for Josh, I hope that appeases you Mr Random Fan".  But no wah again, I don't like that pick because we STILL don't have enough weapons for Josh.  Like WTF did you want, us to NOT draft him and just have even fewer weapons?  Guh...

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Ben said:

I dont think its been pointed out yet that we now have 2 guys at TE who are 6'4" 250, how many nfl defenses have 1 guy with that size speed let alone 2? How do you defend this?

knox plays much smaller.  kincaid is the real deal.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Kincaid had more TDs in a 2 year span (19) than Mayer had in his career (18).  Just admit you don't know what you're talking about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Super excited about this kid and pick!  Near the top of sure handed receivers in the league, a great blocker, monster YAC, big and fast, dominant in contested catches, great route runner, football sense off the charts and the position that the Bills will benefit most from with this type of player IMHO.  

The final link in the championship recipe, our gronk, our kelsay, our dallas goeddart.  this.  is.  it!  

!▪!▪! BOWL !!▪!▪!

Way to go BILLS!

I cant believe it!  Great move...

Edited by jethro_tull
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

FWIW, Chris Simms, who may have watched a minute of film in his life, guessed him at 4.5.

Yo!  @Buffalo716!  Put your scouting hat on, watch some Dalton Kincaid highlights, and give us your best guess.

I have seen a bunch of kincaid … including knowing he was a basketball star which hurt his college offers… but basketball players turned TE is my jam

im very impressed with his ability 

I think he’s squarely under a 4.6 with how smooth he is … probably a 4.55-4.58… on a bad day maybe 4.6

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

IronMaidenBills is just outing himself as one of those "I'm never happy unless my team is stocked with nothing less than 53 unanimous 1st Team All Pros".

1- He's just flat out wrong about Gabe being "not good".  He has borderline elite abilities, just with a drops issue that led to our new OC not trusting him with a higher workload.  He still produced well despite his drops. Does he forget all the examples (like your image) of Davis torching "average" DBs?

2- I'll never get the mindset of people who think complicated things are "just that easy" to solve.  Like "they'll just put a good CB on Kincaid".  Well.....what about Kincaid being good?  Why is the good CB (if one is even available, like you said) automatically shutting down the good TE?  Will the top TE TD machine in the nation NEVER win that battle?  Why is a lighter defensive scheme with more "good" DBs being weaker to the run not considered?  WHO THEN DO YOU PUT ON KNOX, or the slot receiver?

Great now you run the ball.  The 6 ft 190 guy who is play press now let the 6-3 245 guy beat him up in the run game.  Thats dictating to the defense. Make them declare themselves one way or another.  The book has been written on the Bills offense for years now.  The Bills offense has become predictable.  Allen is good enough to where most the time it doesnt matter.  Kincaid adds scheme and formation flexibility and fluidity.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Kincaid had more TDs in a 2 year span (19) than Mayer had in his career (18).  Just admit you don't know what you're talking about.

Mayer had 3 years at 18 (9 this year 7 the year before)Kincaid had 16 in 2 years try again. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

I'd hate to be all logical and stuff, but if Mayer is obviously so much better then why didn't anyone else draft him? Every team could use a great TE. 

I'll freely admit that I don't know or watch college football, so the draft is just fun to watch for me but I have no rooting interest other than the Bills getting a guy the size of a Tesla at some point. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Ben said:

I dont think its been pointed out yet that we now have 2 guys at TE who are 6'4" 250, how many nfl defenses have 1 guy with that size speed let alone 2? How do you defend this?

Easy — send an extra pass rusher at Spencer Brown. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Great now you run the ball.  The 6 ft 190 guy who is play press now let the 6-3 245 guy beat him up in the run game.  Thats dictating to the defense. Make them declare themselves one way or another.  The book has been written on the Bills offense for years now.  The Bills offense has become predictable.  Allen is good enough to where most the time it doesnt matter.  Kincaid adds scheme and formation flexibility and fluidity.  

Yeah "make the D declare themselves" is exactly what the radio guys were saying about putting out 2 TE sets.  More DBs?  OK we run it down your throats.  More LBs/DL?  OK good luck covering elite pass catching TEs with LBs or dropping a DE into coverage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.