RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Don't worry, "The Cooler" will take control of this unsettled situation and ease our minds with his smooth yet tough skill set. 

A "Cooler" is a loser who spreads their bad luck onto lucky gamblers.   See the film "The Cooler".   It has a highly negative connotation.  

Kincaid automatically becomes weapon #2 in this passing offensive. With a QB who lights it a lot, a 2 puts up huge numbers. That’s what should be happening. And then who knows,, year 2, 3 and after we can’t expect Diggs to be what he has been the past four years. That points to Kincaid being #1… or better, a future WR who can outplay Kincaid. All of this seems like a major shot in the arm for this Bills offense. Excited. 

20 minutes ago, since79 said:

As the draft approached I started to look at this guy. What I like is he was a basketball player.  Some of the better pass catching TE were basketball players.  Tony Gonzales, Zach Ertz and Travis Kelce all were basketball players.  Even our last good tight end Pete Metzellaars was a standout basketball player. They are great in traffic, know how to shield with their body, have a firm grip on the ball in the paint and find open space in smaller holes.  

This guy will be very valuable if he displays any of these traits at the pro level.   It has been a long time since we had a guy who actually stretched the seams.  A lot of Kincaid's highlights show that downfield ability.  He has big hands that are vacuums. I can't wait to see him lined up and see what miss matches he can create.

I

Throwing Gates in this mix for you. He was a Bills killer. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, since79 said:

As the draft approached I started to look at this guy. What I like is he was a basketball player.  Some of the better pass catching TE were basketball players.  Tony Gonzales, Zach Ertz and Travis Kelce all were basketball players.  Even our last good tight end Pete Metzellaars was a standout basketball player. They are great in traffic, know how to shield with their body, have a firm grip on the ball in the paint and find open space in smaller holes.  

This guy will be very valuable if he displays any of these traits at the pro level.   It has been a long time since we had a guy who actually stretched the seams.  A lot of Kincaid's highlights show that downfield ability.  He has big hands that are vacuums. I can't wait to see him lined up and see what miss matches he can create.

I

You forgot probably the most famous basketball player of them and future HOFer, Antonio Gates who never even played football in college.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I still feel like this move doesn’t move the needle unless it’s paired with a Hopkins trade. 
A big bodied slot guy only makes sense if you have 2 very good WRs who are clogging up the field. Personnel wise, you can’t guard Kincaid with a LB, he will destroy you. 
That’s why Kincaid would be an A+ pick if Beane has more to this plan. 

I do not necessarily agree it doesn’t move the needle. Adding an arrow to Allen’s quiver moves the needle.

BUT I do think the idea of Diggs, Knox, and Kincaid being chess pieces who can own defenders on the inside or outside and at all levels, while Hopkins and Davis take care of the outside more exclusively.

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

800+ yards and 7+ TDs the last 2 years. I swear this place is unreadable with the rahrah riders. 

He has more yards and touchdowns over past 4 years than any other tight end.   Had 2nd most receptions behind bowers who will be a top 10 pick next year...and played injured half the year.  He's a stud and will be a pro bowl tight end...if you don't like the pick that's fine but his talent can't be debated. 

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I do not necessarily agree it doesn’t move the needle. Adding an arrow to Allen’s quiver moves the needle.

BUT I do think the idea of Diggs, Knox, and Kincaid being chess pieces who can own defenders on the inside or outside and at all levels, while Hopkins and Davis take care of the outside more exclusively.

I like Kincaid as a big slot option. I’m not going to deny that. I just think this move makes more sense if it’s paired with a WR2. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

He has more yards and touchdowns over past 4 years than any other tight end.   Had 2nd most receptions behind bowers who will be a top 10 pick next year...and played injured half the year.  He's a stud and will be a pro bowl tight end...if you don't like the pick that's fine but his talent can't be debated. 

This is just flat out false. Michael Mayer had more yards and TDs than Kincaid. You guys are crazy. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, since79 said:

I

Yes. He’s so damn fluid and his body control and way he immediately catches and rolls his momentum into YAc. He has that kelce wiggle. Super pumped about him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.