RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

21 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

What a absolute waste of a draft pick.  When is this team going to learn to take the best talent left on the board at a position of need on this team.

How quickly Beane has forgotten how Cincinnati destroyed the OL in the playoffs.  What a joke this guy is. 

Where is a player drafted for LB, OL, OT, S, CB  instead we draft a TE when we already have a team and OC that under utilizes Knox on the current roster.

This pick did nothing to make or keep Josh off his back this year.  If you think this helps watch when they play the Jets or Dolphins and KC again this coming year.  He is going to be running for his life again because, this team wants to use garbage overpaid underperforming free agents to man our entire OL.  

Unreal that Beane has lasted as long as he has, he is nothing more than a used car salesman, buying and trying to shine up garbage to sell to the public.

Tua's mom thanks you for your post, Tyreek.

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It makes me confused that people are upset we didn’t get a big target wr but we essentially did get a big target wr and they’re complaining about the pick 😂

Think back to David Nelson under Gailey...except this dude is far far better.

Edited by Big Turk

24 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

What a absolute waste of a draft pick.  When is this team going to learn to take the best talent left on the board at a position of need on this team.

How quickly Beane has forgotten how Cincinnati destroyed the OL in the playoffs.  What a joke this guy is. 

Where is a player drafted for LB, OL, OT, S, CB  instead we draft a TE when we already have a team and OC that under utilizes Knox on the current roster.

This pick did nothing to make or keep Josh off his back this year.  If you think this helps watch when they play the Jets or Dolphins and KC again this coming year.  He is going to be running for his life again because, this team wants to use garbage overpaid underperforming free agents to man our entire OL.  

Unreal that Beane has lasted as long as he has, he is nothing more than a used car salesman, buying and trying to shine up garbage to sell to the public.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952yedm46aoc4j75yl57mk

• Haha (+1) 3

I expect Kincaid will be flexed out often, with Knox the in-line tight end. From what I've read, Kincaid is more of a large WR than a complete tight end at this point. Which is fine, he can learn how to block better eventually but his primary role this season is going to be as a route runner. Looking forward to it.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think Dorsey did well for a rookie.  I guess what I think he needs to improve on is best described using a boxing analogy.

A good fighter doesn't just fight.  He studies the opponents' strengths and weaknesses and designs his attack accordingly.

Learning to set up the opponent with the right combination of punches takes skill and experience.  Ken needs to improve there.

I do agree that Josh can get stubborn, and Ken will have to be "the boss" enough to reign any of that in.  But once again, he needs to learn

that he has to do that.  It's a big year for both of them!

Great post 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

It's a free country and everyone's allowed to feel disappointed. 

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Since you know what BB’s board looked like, who did he pass on that he had rated higher?

I also said "a position that we needed" to improve on.  There are many more pressing positions of need on this team than at TE.

Drew Sanders, Arkansas at LB was available and would have been a good match with Milano.  And we just passed him up.

Anton Harrison, Oklahoma would have been a great addition to the OL.

Brian Branch, ALABAMA at Safety. 

There was a lot of talent left that we could have gotten and improved as a team.  This pick is not going to make a impact with Dorsey as OC.

We don't even utilize Knox to his full potential.

Just bad drafting choices once again.

• Vomit 3

4 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I also said "a position that we needed" to improve on.  There are many more pressing positions of need on this team than at TE.

Drew Sanders, Arkansas at LB was available and would have been a good match with Milano.  And we just passed him up.

Anton Harrison, Oklahoma would have been a great addition to the OL.

Brian Branch, ALABAMA at Safety. 

There was a lot of talent left that we could have gotten and improved as a team.  This pick is not going to make a impact with Dorsey as OC.

We don't even utilize Knox to his full potential.

Just bad drafting choices once again.

The bold is where you get off track.

Knox is out there running routes and getting wide open. His lack of targets is solely on Josh deciding to go deep on low percentage hero balls instead of taking the underneath routes and moving the chains. Some folks believe that was due to his elbow injury, which is possible.

If Josh's arm is better, and he goes back to taking open guys like the first 6 weeks, then Kincaid is set to light it up. Along with Knox, and Diggs, and Cook, and...

Also, dont think of this kid as merely a TE. He was the #1 Slot WR in the draft. That is what we drafted.

Not an inline, blocking TE. But a 6'4' 245lb Cole Beasley.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

Some of the same people in this thread who knocked Mike Gesicki for being a big WR and not much of a blocker are praising Kincaid for being the same. Funny what a Bills jersey will do for the perception of a player. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, finn said:

He's been underutilized because he's had to help the incompetent Spencer Brown do his job. If Brown improves (as Beane expects) or if we find a decent right tackle, Knox can go back to catching balls. 

I guess you can argue he's been underutilized, but not a whole lot.

17th in TE targets. 17th in TE receptions. Tied for 5th in TE TDs. 14th in TE yards.

All this for a guy whose brother died during the season. Is it really that surprising that they started him slow? 

He had 27 targets in the first eight weeks, out of his total of 65. He had 20 catches out of 48 in his first eight games. 

Folks, none of this makes any less than total sense. 

Finn, "incompetent" is way way overstating it for Brown, who was recovering from back surgery, didn't have an offseason, and improved a lot as the season went along. But yeah, fair enough, he wasn't as good as we wanted and may well have needed more help sometimes than you'd want him to, and that may have affected the way they used Knox.

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Give it a rest dude. Dalton Kincaid was universally ranked the Top TE in the Draft and was the highest rated player on the board for both NFL Network and ESPN at the time of the pick.

Mayer wasn't even picked in the 1st Round or by Dallas that was eyeing TE's hard and clearly had Kincaid on their mind.

YEP. the fact he wasn't chosen by Dallas when by most accounts were seen as coveting Kincaid.

So clearly Mayer wasn't 1s round grade by the Dallas.  He goes early 2nd round Im guessing. If he falls even lower than that I'd be shocked.

One of these days my Bills will select a high profile Domer player. It will solve my Christmas shopping for hubby dilemma that year. He gets the guys jersey 🙂

GO BILLS!~!~!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Some of the same people in this thread who knocked Mike Gesicki for being a big WR and not much of a blocker are praising Kincaid for being the same. Funny what a Bills jersey will do for the perception of a player. 

It's a fair point, but Kincaid is already a lot better blocker than Gesicki has ever been or for that matter wanted to be.

Gesicki is dreadful. Kincaid is about replacement level as a blocker, and for a guy who's got as little experience at it and is a rookie, that's a lot more acceptable.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.