RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I was thinking more Zach Ertz.  I do know that McDermott and Beane witnessed firsthand what Olsen and Shockey could do to a defense in Newton's rookie year.  I'm bummed how the draft board fell but am glad we didn't go defense as it would've been really easy to stay there and take Mazi/Nolan Smith.

Ertz works for me. In addition to amazing hands, DK has mad ball skills. He adjusts and contorts and locates the ball really well. He also has great run after catch. He seems to have great instincts to run to daylight and heads there really quickly. And he breaks tackles as well. 

I had given up on them getting a tall and athletic wide receiver/ and or TE. I had assumed they would go for an in-line type Schoonmaker. And I liked him in the 3rd or 4th. But I was surprised when they went for DK. And glad. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Who cares who was right about what?

Dalton Kincaid's forthcoming success with the Bills has NOTHING to do with our fan analysis of his fit. 

well clearly someone cares very deeply that you and I and everyone knows he was right (so far) about a couple of guys and he’s definitely right again and Beane was wrong, again.

What's not to love. Vast majority wanted offense and they went and got the top TE on the board and I like this better than Hyatt. Maybe even Addison after that "give me money" statement or whatever. Knox and Kincaid is monstrous. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bills Social Media team still undefeated

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Did anyone notice Kincaids hats behind him. He had GB, Dallas, LAC, and Cincinnati as his top 4 hats on the stack my guess is he was assuming one of those 4 were taking him. Guy I’m the back was shuffling quick to find that Bills hat

Good catch on which teams were in the stack. Those would all make sense. Wonder how big of a surprise it is.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

What's not to love. Vast majority wanted offense and they went and got the top TE on the board and I like this better than Hyatt. Maybe even Addison after that "give me money" statement or whatever. Knox and Kincaid is monstrous. 

agreed. he was one of the few blue chip players in this draft. bills were lucky he dropped as much as he did.

i absolutely love the pick

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

That's my issue with the pick. Seems like the Bills window of opportunity is as open now as it will ever be, so why not go with an immediate contributor?

watch his tape. he is polished

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not as concerned about his age than at some other positions.    Not uncommon to see TE's start NFL career a little later and even have HOF careers.    Gates was 23......Kelce 24.   An important part of being a TE is learning how to keep yourself healthy.   A little maturity helps in that regard, IMO.   I think we see some very young/dumb one's enter the league and get beat up and wash out fast.   

It's a swing for the fences.........he needs to become an 80-100 catch guy with some longevity for the pick to look really good.   Great tools to do that.   

Also.......this pick REALLY addresses the issue of too many ball-droppers and a lack of size that seems to impact the team in poor Buffalo weather.   Hard to utlize those small catch radius 5'9" targets when it's windy, rainy/snowy and/or cold.

But he's 23 that's 10 years older than Edmunds was when he left, after playing here for a few years 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I guess we wait and see. I mean after all, I let my picks speak for themselves. 

So a million and one other people, all more relevant and visible than you liked Breece Hall last year too as the top RB but you’re gonna go ahead and claim that as a dub huh? 

Again, peak delusion. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's my issue with the pick. Seems like the Bills window of opportunity is as open now as it will ever be, so why not go with an immediate contributor?

This dude is a slot WR, he should be able to contribute pretty quickly in some form.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

And Woolen. Just like I’m going to be right about Mayer > Kincaid in the long run. 

Such a gross approach to uncertainty here: staking a claim early and sticking to it just because...yuck. There is no actual material award for being unwavering-ly correct ahead of time. 

Definitely no intellectual impression that matters. How we incorporate actual real-time information and calculate developing outcomes matters more than any initial conclusions reached...

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I had Hall as 1A and Cook as 1B . I even said Cook was my consolation prize and knew he’d be ok, but not as good as Hall. 

a bit of a different scenario there though…breece hall was gone for like 30 picks when the bills picked cook and he certainly hasn’t outperformed cook so far so it was not worthy of a trade up by any means at this way too early point to be evaluating lol 

not to mention you were with consensus of the nfl gms and analysts on hall vs cook but you are against them in Kincaid vs Mayer so we’ll see 😁 very different situation 

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not as concerned about his age than at some other positions.    Not uncommon to see TE's start NFL career a little later and even have HOF careers.    Gates was 23......Kelce 24.   An important part of being a TE is learning how to keep yourself healthy.   A little maturity helps in that regard, IMO.   I think we see some very young/dumb one's enter the league and get beat up and wash out fast.   

It's a swing for the fences.........he needs to become an 80-100 catch guy with some longevity for the pick to look really good.   Great tools to do that.   

Also.......this pick REALLY addresses the issue of too many ball-droppers and a lack of size that seems to impact the team in poor Buffalo weather.   Hard to utlize those small catch radius 5'9" targets when it's windy, rainy/snowy and/or cold.

I 100% agree

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.