RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

We are an offense that doesn’t use TEs. When Knox got his new contract I said it would be a bargain if his usage increased a lot but it didn’t. Same applies here. Could be a great pick if Dorsey has a plan on how he wants to use him and get him the ball. If we just go through the motions with him like we do a lot of other players then it becomes a head scratcher. 

I imagine Dorsey asked for this so hopefully he can get creative with 2 TE sets. 

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

In his presser Beane just said that they aren't asking him to do much in the way of blocking. Wonder if they see him more of a big slot than doing much on-line by that comment.

it’s incredibly obvious that is how he will get his start, and grow from there 

that said, he will still be more physical than mckenzie or such 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

This thread is already hilarious.  Beane just snagged the best TE in the draft — an offensive weapon when we need to keep giving Josh weapons.

The people who think they “know” what Dorsey does and doesn’t like…smh.

And screwing Jerry Jones in the process?  Double bonus.

Go Bills.  RELAX people.  Beane has this.

As maybe the biggest DK on this board (I’m claiming him), they only question I would have is him or Mayer since MM is the better all around TE. But DK is such a better weapon offensively and I do believe a lot of blocking is effort and I think he can be serviceable. 

for first time that I can remember, we have a guy who could be a legit top 5 TE. Guys what QBs like? Big guys who get open for east completions!!!

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Dorsey was a rookie last season.  People get better at their jobs.  No reason to have a knee-jerk response based on the assumption that Dorsey won't be better.

You only quote the one part and not the part where I literally say I'm going to give it time to see what Dorsey does. I think had you quoted my entire comment you would see it is literally the opposite of knee jerk. 

I know before I finish this that the NFL is not College. I am a Georgia fan. I watched their offense kill teams with their 2 TE sets and a playmaker in Brock Bowers who is more of a full back/WR like Kincaid. This is a a great pick. It will help in the running game too. He is going to be a good downfield and second level blocking mismatch. You can’t think traditionally with this pick. 

Edited by JackKemp
Left out a word
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Beane seems to see him as Big Beasley. If they use him as a WR/TE hybrid then this pick will work great.

If they try playing classical 2 TE style though they’ll look dumb.

They won't keep him on the line but why wouldn't we mix in the odd 2 TE set with these guys? That's a look we haven't had.  

• Like (+1) 1

Glad we got a guy with great hands as a weapon for Josh. The offense will need to evolve to make the most of this pick. I’m so glad we didn’t get a Smurf receiver. We needed to get bigger and more physical on offense. He also fits as a player who will work when the snow flies.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

OMG keep crying about 14M does it hurt the team. Nope. I don’t need the jacked up Beasley to block DEs. As I said LEARN the game 

Ummm yes?… it’s not baseball with no salary cap so yes It would hurt the roster building… you can keep pushing The cap down the road by extensions/restructures, but got to pay the piper eventually.

So just ignore  the fact that Josh likes throwing to WRs and we traded up for TE when we underuse our starting TE?

We traded up for a TE so, 32.5 catches for Kincaid this year. Over/under?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.