RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

He apparently Isn’t good at it at all.

So we have a TE2 who is a mediocre blocker and we can’t even get the ball to our TE1

Opens up some interesting formations.  2 TE with cook diggs and Davis is a nightmare.  

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Love the overreactions here. Would you have been happier if we took Porter or Smith? Everyone here saying we draft CB and DL too much and then we get an elite offensive weapon and people are upset. He’s better than all of the receiver prospects in this range.

Thats because at any given time there is always a subset of the Bills fanbase that always whine and cry about everything we do. Although sometime its the opposite fans, I have no doubt some of the people here hating on this pick would be hating on a defensive pick, and others would be hating on a trade up for a wr, and others would be hating on a reach for OL or a WR. Its a crapshoot. Sometimes the fans just have to enjoy the ride and stop bitching.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, SydneyBillsFan said:

Question:

If he could improve his blocking, what would his potential be and how would we use him?

TIA.

He’s a top 5 TE in the nfl with Allen. The bills have never had that. Crazy to compare him to Kelce but imagine Allen haven’t something close or that. Love Knox but he was never going to be that guy. But Knox as a number 2 and some random stuff blocking TE is a top group in the nfl. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Who’s better, him or Mayer? Just curious :)

I liked Mayer better. But hey, i’ll be a huge Kincaid fan now for sure. 

Mayer is more the prototype. bigger guy, probably not quite as fast.  I guess if the Bills are looking for the next Kelce, this guy has a better chance than Mayer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

I like the player. I don't like the player for Buffalo due to what we saw from Dorsey last year. Less than confident he will be used to his full potential.  Spending what we are already for Knox and now a 1st round pick is a major investment in a position we haven't seen as a priority position in the offense. Like I said, like the player...just unsure about the usage here.

Very willing to wait and see what changes are made to the offense to accommodate such a talented player before I can know if I like the pick. Hopefully, Dorsey has a solid plan in place.

well Dorsey will have to learn some new tricks. Knox had to block more last year because the pass pro regressed. This kid is good enough to not just be an in-line TE either. They can split him out. I could care less how well he blocks.

• Like (+1) 2

I think he will be a great weapon if they use him.

That said, a 1st and a 4th for a TE when you just signed your underutilized mediocre te to a huge contract? 

This makes that ridiculous contract they gave Knox look even worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I thought going in, he was the best receiver in the draft.  Don’t obsess over TE “position”, he is a big receiver with excellent hands and toughness after the catch.  Not a traditional TE.

yup - short term he’s a large slot wr instead of a fast one. 

dude isn’t an in-line blocker this year, he’s a super physical WR3 

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, zow2 said:

I liked Mayer better. But hey, i’ll be a huge Kincaid fan now for sure. 

Mayer is more the prototype. bigger guy, probably not quite as fast.  I guess if the Bills are looking for the next Kelce, this guy has a better chance than Mayer.

Excellent assessment

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I don't like the player for Buffalo due to what we saw from Dorsey last year.

Dorsey was a rookie last season.  People get better at their jobs.  No reason to have a knee-jerk response based on the assumption that Dorsey won't be better.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Question:

If he could improve his blocking, what would his potential be and how would we use him?

TIA.

He's a special talent and shouldn't just be listed as TE, he will be a huge mismatch, can put him out as a WR or 2 TE sets, at FB going out in the flat, he's the best recieving TE in the class by a large margin imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.