RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Paying one TE $13M and spending a 1st and a 4th on another? I don't get it. WRs and OT are much bigger needs. Harrison was there. 

At least we didn't go defense.

You realize that TEs can catch the ball right? Kincaid is better than most of the WRs in this draft and we now have immediate mismatches when putting him and Knox out together. I've been hoping for more 12 personnel packages! 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjohns85 said:

Can’t block a lick 

How many of the top tight ends are great blockers?

they are matchup night mares. If they get matchup with a d back, they can over power then in the run game. If they have a LB or S, they are a nightmare in the passing game. 

dude isn’t Lee Smith and that’s an awesome thing. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like the player. I don't like the player for Buffalo due to what we saw from Dorsey last year. Less than confident he will be used to his full potential.  Spending what we are already for Knox and now a 1st round pick is a major investment in a position we haven't seen as a priority position in the offense. Like I said, like the player...just unsure about the usage here.

Very willing to wait and see what changes are made to the offense to accommodate such a talented player before I can know if I like the pick. Hopefully, Dorsey has a solid plan in place.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

How can you not be pumped about the prospect of Allen and Kincaid lighting up the AFC for the next decade. 

My impression is he's more WR than TE. We need to address OL. Hopefully, we can get someone good one day 2 because we need Josh to be upright to complete passes.

Because Josh likes throwing to WRs and we don’t even use our 14 million dollar tight end enough 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

The dude is a weapon.  While his blocking leaves the something to be desired, but he could be "Kelce light" with his route running.  Might be the best overall pass catcher in the draft regardless of position.  If he can translate his game to the NFL quickly, he will make plays for us and fill in the missing slot position we don't have. 

Blocking can be taught if he's willing to learn.  May not be a WR by trade, but he is a weapon on offense and I'm all for that.

• Like (+1) 3

Bills have their Kelce. That is the reality with this pick. 

plays inline

slot

outside

nice routes

best hands in draft 

matchup nightmare. 

WRs didn’t slip they are were there should have been very weak WR class. I had him

graded at 13 overall. 

• Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

People saying the Bills panicked… take a look at the Cowboys.  They were going Kincaid the WHOLE way.  Bills jumped em and killed their pick.

Yep.  You can see that they liked Kincaid over Mayer, and when the Bills took him they looked a bit stunned and took a while to figure out who they were pivoting to.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.