Lamar and the Ravens reach a deal

Draconator

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Absolutely. He’s the highest paid player in the league by AAV, has the 2nd highest total dollar contract (only Mahomes’ 10 year deal totals more) and has the 2nd most guaranteed dollars. Yeah, seems like the Ravens caved. 

If your argument against that is that he didn’t get 100% guaranteed, then you should learn about how negotiations work. 

I didn't think he would get a fully guaranteed contract. In fact I've criticized him for it. Not sure why you're coming at me with what you said

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the trade off of making less overall money and taking bigger risks so he can claim  the largest deal until burrow signs for more?

That’s that’s assuming it was 100% about money for Lamar and yes, part of it was especially in trying to secure as much guaranteed as possible. But there was a pride aspect to it too given how much he mattered to that team (and the city.) He simply did not think their offer last year matched his value. He took a major risk waiting, actually did get hurt, and still got the most money ever (until Burrow, yes. And probably Herbert too.)

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He was so stupid for being his own agent.  *****in' idiot.  Settling for $52M/year.

If you can get off of your high horse for a minute, this is the moment where the result makes what historically was a poor choice a good choice. Based on those $, I have a feeling you’re missing something 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If you can get off of your high horse for a minute, this is the moment where the result makes what historically was a poor choice a good choice. Based on those $, I have a feeling you’re missing something 

That he made a bad choice that lost money but worked out fine anyway cause giving up a few bucks isn’t the end of the world when you have 250m?

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You are Lamar's biggest fan on this board.  I think you must be his wannabe agent.  What is your cut of his signing bonus?

I would accept that!

and I’m big fan of the guy because despite being really, really good, he somehow still gets trashed. Next to Allen, he’s the qb I want to win a SB because he gets so much for hate for a good player. It’s pretty stupid. 

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

Yes it would be.  Players go their whole careers without a playoff appearance.  It was a very ME decision.  I don't like it and I don't have to.  Like I said, I wouldn't have paid him.  Sounds like you would.  🤷

Yeah, I like MVPs and qbs who win a lot of games. But I’m weird like that 

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

and I’m big fan of the guy because despite being really, really good, he somehow still gets trashed. Next to Allen, he’s the qb I want to win a SB because he gets so much for hate for a good player. It’s pretty stupid. 

So ironic coming from you, as up until recently, you trashed Allen constantly.  It’s pretty stupid right!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.