Then just goes to show you how much of a crapshoot the draft really is

Everybody thought the time does that guy was going to be so good

He was that good before injuries.  Draft can’t predict injuries

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

this is just a season to see if he can come back from the ACL injury.  If he comes back strong, then they sign him.   pretty standard approach. 

It is amazing how folks on this board do so little research b4 they post.   OP appears to have no knowledge of the injury? 

I live in the DC area and Chase Young is a monster if healthy.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Trade for Young now! Still time for us to give him the 5th yr option. 

No way for 17 million.  Washington's only play is to hope he regains his rookie form before the injury and then sign him to a new contract if he does.

Edited by Doc Brown

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Was he thought? I mean I’m sure people will do the Jerry Hughes thing where they make his low sack numbers more impressive than they are. But his best season was 7.5 sacks. 

that said if they could float a 5th or lower and his knees somewhat check out, I would be on board. I think the knock is that he doesn’t have that extra gear that elite guys have and the injuries haven’t helped. And Washington is a hellhole to play for.

This is to hedge against his injuries. They can still tag him and/or sign him to a long term deal if he regains his form. They did that with Payne this year. 

5th year option is $17M Transition is estimated at $16.7M and franchise at $20.9M in 2024. The new calculations for 5th year options are making teams think twice before picking them up.

Edit: Changed tag #s. Had 2023, not 2024 amounts. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

this is just a season to see if he can come back from the ACL injury.  If he comes back strong, then they sign him.   pretty standard approach. 

It is amazing how folks on this board do so little research b4 they post.   OP appears to have no knowledge of the injury? 

I'm just outside of DC.  Personally, I think he'll be fine.  

If Young returns to form, Washington will have the best defensive line in football.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Was he thought? I mean I’m sure people will do the Jerry Hughes thing where they make his low sack numbers more impressive than they are. But his best season was 7.5 sacks. 

that said if they could float a 5th or lower and his knees somewhat check out, I would be on board. I think the knock is that he doesn’t have that extra gear that elite guys have and the injuries haven’t helped. And Washington is a hellhole to play for.

4 forced fumbles, 4 passes defensed, AP defensive rookie of the year, a bunch of tackles for loss … come on. He was legit excellent in his rookie season, as his 14 AV attests. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounCh04.htm

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I did not dig down into his injury history I admit that

It doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re going to get to sign him. He comes back from the injury healthy. If he has a strong season, he might get offered elsewhere

They’re taking a bit of a gamble, but I can understand why

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.