The wheel turns for the Pats and their fans

Inigo Montoya

The Patriots are prolonging their stay in mediocrity with keeping BB around.  The Patriots should have parted ways with BB once Tom Brady left, commit to a tank season, get their cap healthy, and start fresh with a new vision and voice. 

• Agree 1

Yeah, hiring Bill O'brien shows they are out of touch. IMO his coaching hindered alabama last year and they knew it wouldn't change. He was fired without being fired (contract ran out with no renewal offered)

The Pro game becomes more like college every year and he couldn't do it in college. His scheme is aging fast, so it's fitting he is on the Patriots. 

Mac Jones should just be happy he's getting 1st round QB money. Maybe if they trade him for a 2nd or 3rd (if that's possible) and tank for a top pick it's their best option.

51 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Still 6 Super Bowl wins should buy a lot of patience with fanbase during some losing seasons.

yes that's true....assuming that there are any sensible football fans out there 🤣

Edited by CheshireCT
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,
You can't let go and you can't hold on,
You can't go back and you can't stand still,
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

Won't you try just a little bit harder,
Couldn't you try just a little bit more?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

The Patriots are prolonging their stay in mediocrity with keeping BB around.  The Patriots should have parted ways with BB once Tom Brady left, commit to a tank season, get their cap healthy, and start fresh with a new vision and voice. 

They thought it was mostly Belicheat.

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After stoically enduring two decades of slings and arrows from the worst fan base in professional sports, I do admit to feeling a small amount of pleasure when I see Patriot fans despairing as they find their team deep in the basement of the AFCE with no realistic prospects to turn things around anytime soon.  It was bad enough for them watching Josh Allen steal their lunch money, but now they find themselves in a division with the Jets and Dolphins firmly entrenched above them as well.

The Pats finished below .500 last year at 8 - 9.  This year Vegas has their over under win total at 7.5.  I don't think it would surprise anyone if they they lose every AFCE game this season.  In a QB driven league they have a fair to middling game manager under center.  They will continue to win enough games to avoid the very top of the draft where they can draft a marquee QB prospect.

Gone are the years when great vets would take a discount to come to New England to try to win a ring with Tom and Belichick.  Now there is a diminishing Belichick with no Tom and zero chance to win a championship.  Belichick is not adapting to the modern game and didn't even have an OC last year during Mac Jones' sophomore season to help him develop. 

Reports are that those two are on the outs after Mac reached out to his Alabama coaches for help last season behind Bill's back.  Bill is great friends with Nick Saban and you know Bill feels humiliated with his QB going behind his back to ask Saban for advice.

As a long suffering Bills fan, I won't wish any active evil on the Patriots, but I will take some modicum of pleasure in watching them flail and flounder for the next few seasons as Belichick slowly fades away taking the franchise and their horrible fans down with him.  

Pats fans had an incredible run and many believed that riding atop the AFCE and NFL was their birthright.  Well, the wheel turns and the Pats are now AFCE and NFL basement dwellers, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.  

I agree with the entire post - with one exception.  In my assessment, Eagles "fans" are far more ignorant than any other fan base in the USA, and maybe even on the planet? 

IIRC, I've been able to speak rationally with all Patriots fans, sure they rub it in and hoot and holler - that's fine.  Eagles fans, for the most part, are only seeking violence and destruction wherever they go.  Plus, the "Fly Eagles Fly" chant, (Which barely a fraction of their fanbase were even "singing" or aware of just 10 years ago) sounds dopey.  

Thanks be to God that I'm part of such a smart fan base; Bills Mafia.   Oh that's right, we had a ridiculous debate in the "LeSean McCoy vs Jim Kelly" thread questioning if JK was really a good guy or not - still shaking my head over that one.  Anyway, GO BILLS!

Edited by BillsNutHawaii
grammar

There are still Pats* fans out there? I wouldn’t know it. I’ve lived in New England for 20 years and I haven’t heard a peep from fans in the last few years. Biggest bandwagon fan base in history. They are all Bruins fans now but can’t name a player on the team

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Good. Pats fans deserve 40 years of pain and mediocrity. The price to pay for the greatest dynasty in sports. and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’d trade positions with them in a heartbeat if it meant we won 7 SBs

I agree with everything you just said. Nobody got beat like we did by Brady and the Pats, nobody had their dreams and hopes crushed on a regular basis like we did. Nobody got humiliated by the Pats like we did.  The Pats and Brady is a dynasty we will never see again. A perfect storm of great timing, luck and the greatest QB ever and even with all those stars aligning, it still should have never lasted as long as it did.  If karma was real, we would win the SB immediately for the suffering we have endured at the hands of those dbags and the Pats would languish in total ineptitude for at least 20 years!!

6 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Good. Pats fans deserve 40 years of pain and mediocrity. The price to pay for the greatest dynasty in sports. and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’d trade positions with them in a heartbeat if it meant we won 7 SBs

If I was a Patriots fan I would probably just retire from watching football at this point.  They are never going to see anything like that again in their lifetime.

• Like (+1) 1

I have one small disagreement with the original post.  Having attended both away games against the Cheatriots and the Jests, the trash fans of the Jests are the worst by a long shot.  The Cheatriots are a distant second.  The Cheatriot fans can't even be a__holes successfully.  They are a pathetic bunch and deserve their present state.  Maybe the owner can treat them all to a massage for a happier ending this season.

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

There are still Pats* fans out there? I wouldn’t know it. I’ve lived in New England for 20 years and I haven’t heard a peep from fans in the last few years. Biggest bandwagon fan base in history. They are all Bruins fans now but can’t name a player on the team

That stadium will be half empty in two years…

Maybe Kraft will resurrect his plan to move the team to Hartford.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.