It will be harder this year for 2 AFC East teams to make the playoffs!

sunshynman

Bills always seem to have more obstacles than other teams in the NFL. They finally get a franchise QB and have the best QB of all time leave the division then almost every good QB in the NFL is either in the AFC or on their way.

Just the fact that their biggest roadblock to getting to a superbowl with Josh Allen was self inflicted due to them trading the pick to KC that let them nab Mahomes is grating to say the least. 

Mcbean creating a team that at any other time gives them a window of superiority is quickly shut by everyone else jumping into the afc east. 

KC has their division to themselves for the most part and will probably get home field advantage against this year. 

Sorry for all the whining it’s just annoying. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/25/scheduling-formula-could-make-it-difficult-for-more-than-one-afc-east-team-to-get-to-playoffs/

• Like (+1) 1

Giants, Commanders, Raiders and Broncos suck.  What's the problem?

25 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

As far as the Afc West I could see every other team being better,  while KC lost some big pieces and didn't make many moves. We'll see, if we stay healthy it'll be all good 

What did you write about them last off season?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just like last season was going to be tough for the AFC West winner to get the #1 playoff seed with all the good QBs in that division. Doesn’t mean squat and as others have mentioned ( in the words of Chris Berman) that’s why they play the games! 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

Odds are only the division winner will go to the playoffs from the AFC East. Putting more pressure on Bill's and Jet's to be that team!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/25/scheduling-formula-could-make-it-difficult-for-more-than-one-afc-east-team-to-get-to-playoffs/

I actually think there's a better chance that 3 teams from the AFC East get in. Not sure where only the division winner comes from

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

Odds are only the division winner will go to the playoffs from the AFC East. Putting more pressure on Bill's and Jet's to be that team!

Trying to predict strength of schedule year to year is idiotic and pointless. The numbers don’t hold up. Which is exactly why Florio is winding people up with his scribblings. 

Don’t fall for it.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Bills always seem to have more obstacles than other teams in the NFL. They finally get a franchise QB and have the best QB of all time leave the division then almost every good QB in the NFL is either in the AFC or on their way.

Just the fact that their biggest roadblock to getting to a superbowl with Josh Allen was self inflicted due to them trading the pick to KC that let them nab Mahomes is grating to say the least. 

Mcbean creating a team that at any other time gives them a window of superiority is quickly shut by everyone else jumping into the afc east. 

KC has their division to themselves for the most part and will probably get home field advantage against this year. 

Sorry for all the whining it’s just annoying. 

I think it just feels like that because we follow this team with our soul, and aren’t as familiar with the nitty gritty of other teams. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The East on paper is a good division, no doubt. But a year ago people were proclaiming the West a division of death. Let's wait until they play the games.

The west had 3/4 coaches not good on paper preseason even. Beware of dog pile pundits who'd rather burn with a crowd than stand alone.  The Afc East is clearly on top.. let's see what the draft brings.

It’s no different this year than it was last year, there are the same number of games (actually 1 more this year for the Bills, hopefully) and the same number of teams go to the playoffs.  You have to win the games you should win and if you are a legit SB contender, no-one should scare you.    The Bills beat the SB Champs last season, they can beat anybody.  I do think the Jets will be tougher games this year and the Fish are a good team that signed a better back-up to hedge against Tua, it’s not going to be an easy division to win.  Somebody is going to, even if you split every single division match-up, it’s only 3 losses, there’s plenty of other games to win.  Plus, if you can’t sweep the Pats, you better not worry about the playoffs anyway.  

The West should get 2 (Chefs and Bolts)

The South gets 1 by default (Jags)

East gets 2 (Jets, Bills)

North gets 2 (Cinci and Pitt <— yah I said it)

The battle for the WC should be good this year.   Thing is, injuries will happen, surprises will come up and we have no idea where Lamar lands if not in Baltimore.  There’s a lot to happen when the GAMES start. 

a QB could go down and screw a team, this conference is loaded with QBs, some old, some risky, and ya just never know. There might be a resurgence of the West and they truly do beat each other up to lose a spot, maybe Watson plays up to his contract and Cleveland takes out Cinci, maybe the Bills go undefeated and win the SB, anything can happen on any given Thursday-Monday.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

The west had 3/4 coaches not good on paper preseason even. Beware of dog pile pundits who'd rather burn with a crowd than stand alone.  The Afc East is clearly on top.. let's see what the draft brings.

I have no idea what any of this means.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

As far as the Afc West I could see every other team being better,  while KC lost some big pieces and didn't make many moves. We'll see, if we stay healthy it'll be all good 

Probably the only team that checks parole board hearings and releases...😇😁

35 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

On paper 3 teams can possibly win 10 plus games but that doesn't mean playoffs for any of them other than the division winner.

More than ever it's paramount to first win the East and not worry what rivals do.

Pats missed playoffs in a 16 game season after winning 11 games too.  

It is going to be very important we win our division and that starts and stops with us winning our divisional games.

We should go 2-0 vs Pats, no explanation needed.

We should have been 3-0 vs fins last year (2 with Tua), but we know the extreme circumstances that had to occurred for his drop the first one (barely).  So I think we will go 2-0 against them this year.

Jets though, hard to say until we see Rodgers on the field with them.  If we get them early at least one game, I think we get that one as it’s gonna take some time for all the prices to likely gel.

So I think 1-1 here is a reasonable expectation if we assume Rodgers plays well.

If we can handle business and go 5-1 in the division, then I don’t see us losing the division.  4-2 would make things a lot closer but could still get it done.  

Im not worried as much about the games outside the division, at least not the tough ones because our divisional rivals play them too.  So that I think works itself out 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.