It will be harder this year for 2 AFC East teams to make the playoffs!

sunshynman

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

Bills always seem to have more obstacles than other teams in the NFL. They finally get a franchise QB and have the best QB of all time leave the division then almost every good QB in the NFL is either in the AFC or on their way.

Just the fact that their biggest roadblock to getting to a superbowl with Josh Allen was self inflicted due to them trading the pick to KC that let them nab Mahomes is grating to say the least. 

Mcbean creating a team that at any other time gives them a window of superiority is quickly shut by everyone else jumping into the afc east. 

KC has their division to themselves for the most part and will probably get home field advantage against this year. 

Sorry for all the whining it’s just annoying. 

Whenever I think of Buffalo sports, I think of this...

schleprock.jpg.85d14d96d1a20211ae7c2b229ff50b2a.jpg

Wowsi Wowsi woo woo

2 hours ago, sunshynman said:

Odds are only the division winner will go to the playoffs from the AFC East. Putting more pressure on Bill's and Jet's to be that team!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/25/scheduling-formula-could-make-it-difficult-for-more-than-one-afc-east-team-to-get-to-playoffs/

The AFC is a buzz-saw right now. 

Trying to get through Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, Lamar, Rodgers, and to a lesser extent DeShaun Watson, with Indianapolis grabbing a young QB as well. 

It would be the Bills luck to get good in the most daunting era of AFC QB play since the early 1990's.

45 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Nevermind the playoffs. The de facto playoffs start when they play their first divisional game. If they cannot come close to sweeping their divisional games, then playoffs are a moot point. 

Huh, they went 4-2 in the division last year???

10 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I just happen to think whoever wins the division is probably going to go 11-6. Its a hard road for the AFC East this year in general.  

No excuses. SuperBowl appearance or its time to move on from McDermott 

16 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I just happen to think whoever wins the division is probably going to go 11-6. Its a hard road for the AFC East this year in general.  

With that brutal road schedule which includes KC, CIN, PHIL I think the Bills need to go at least 7-2 at home. Find a way to get 3 or 4 road wins and that will probably be enough to win the division.

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Huh, they went 4-2 in the division last year???

No excuses. SuperBowl appearance or its time to move on from McDermott 

I agree. No more excuses. Super Bowl or move one from Beane and McD. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jets are a better team with Rodgers. How much better remains to be seen. I am betting people who think they are getting MVP level Rodgers are going to be disappointed.

They gave up a lot for him and in a year or two still won't have an answer at QB.

Edited by Big Turk

4 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Yes, and the likelihood of repeating that just became harder with Rodgers. If they don’t hit 4-2 (near sweep) again, the Bills won’t be playing playoff games. 

Hmm, I guess I wouldn't call winning 66% of the division games a near sweep but OK.  

I get your premise though.  3-3 in the division makes it tough but remember all these improved teams play each other as well.  It's likely no AFC East teams does better than 4-2. In which case the division may be up for grabs until the last week, with tie breakers in play.  

My guess is if the BIlls go 4-2 as they did last season with a split against the Jets and Miami they will be fine.  If they go 4-2 but lose two games to the Jets that may be enough to knock them out of the division title.  

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Giants, Commanders, Raiders and Broncos suck.  What's the problem?

What did you write about them last off season?

Nothing.  They lost 1 guy , ya he's an all pro but they signed 2 WRs for 11 mil a year. Drafted a WR in RD 1 and traded for a WR for a 3rd 

So ya they lost Hill but they certainly replaced him by a WR committee type. 

Still kept their #1 target in Kelce. 

This year they lost and didn't replace or improve 

4 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Bills always seem to have more obstacles than other teams in the NFL. They finally get a franchise QB and have the best QB of all time leave the division then almost every good QB in the NFL is either in the AFC or on their way.

Just the fact that their biggest roadblock to getting to a superbowl with Josh Allen was self inflicted due to them trading the pick to KC that let them nab Mahomes is grating to say the least. 

Mcbean creating a team that at any other time gives them a window of superiority is quickly shut by everyone else jumping into the afc east. 

KC has their division to themselves for the most part and will probably get home field advantage against this year. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/25/scheduling-formula-could-make-it-difficult-for-more-than-one-afc-east-team-to-get-to-playoffs/

I couldn't agree more.  It always seemed to me the Bills, Jets & Fins were happy to play 2nd-3rd-4th fiddle to the Pats for 20 years because not one of them ever got a credible QB, coach, etc.. So Brady leaves and we get Josh & what happens?  Every Team in the AFC East gets good-great players, coaches and go on spending sprees in free agency. 

Fish get Tua (not great), Cheetah, great coach, decent defenders, fast RBs and Jalen Waddle.
Jets get Rodgers, great receivers, OROY receiver (whose name escapes me), stout defense & a saucy DB.  Saleh's no slouch either.
Pats - HOF coach who's so stubborn he's seems to be sticking w/Mac Jones - may be our only blessing - but Bill O'Brien is formidable - hopefully he can't help Mac.

It figures - right?  Why couldn't our 3 rivals be the patsies we were for 20 yrs!!??  Sheesh!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Jets are a better team with Rodgers. How much better remains to be seen. I am betting people who think they are getting MVP level Rodgers are going to be disappointed.

They gave up a lot for him and in a year or two still won't have an answer at QB.

I just hope he stays and plays long enough that it costs the Jests as much as possible. 

I'm less worried this season than last season.  

I think the Bills will be a surprise to the league - as opposed to last year, where we fell short of expectations. I think most are expecting Buffalo to take a step back.

I think the 2023 team will be better, in just about every area.  Some of my expectation is based on health - we lost too many key guys last year, and even some guys who played were struggling w/ an injury (Phillips, Poyer, Davis - even Brown because of the time he missed preseason).  But I also like the players we've acquired so far, and see upgrades on the O line, at RB and WR.  Damien Harris alone changes how the offense looks significantly.

The best thing about that long-term is that our 3 division rivals have all made significant moves to try to take our crown - and if they fall short, their owners could be more likely to make even more drastic moves to bridge the gap.  That can turn into a somewhat endless cycle, as Bills fans know.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Nothing.  They lost 1 guy , ya he's an all pro but they signed 2 WRs for 11 mil a year. Drafted a WR in RD 1 and traded for a WR for a 3rd 

So ya they lost Hill but they certainly replaced him by a WR committee type. 

Still kept their #1 target in Kelce. 

This year they lost and didn't replace or improve 

Who are their big losses?  Juju and Hardman?

6 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

50 years later and Bill's fans are still Debbie downers. Half Full brother, Half full

2 hours ago, Success said:

I'm less worried this season than last season.  

I think the Bills will be a surprise to the league - as opposed to last year, where we fell short of expectations. I think most are expecting Buffalo to take a step back.

I think the 2023 team will be better, in just about every area.  Some of my expectation is based on health - we lost too many key guys last year, and even some guys who played were struggling w/ an injury (Phillips, Poyer, Davis - even Brown because of the time he missed preseason).  But I also like the players we've acquired so far, and see upgrades on the O line, at RB and WR.  Damien Harris alone changes how the offense looks significantly.

The best thing about that long-term is that our 3 division rivals have all made significant moves to try to take our crown - and if they fall short, their owners could be more likely to make even more drastic moves to bridge the gap.  That can turn into a somewhat endless cycle, as Bills fans know.

The bills also have a very easy home schedule 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Clark. Orlando Brown Jr

Those alone are pretty significant 

Hill was more valuable than all 4 of those guys combined.  Still won a SB.

Chiefs churn good O-linemen each year.  They picked up Jawaan Taylor,--a 25 yo solid pass blocker with all 66 starts in his first 4 years. For the money, Brown wasn't worth keeping. 

Clark is a solid loss, but the D still has Jones, Bolton (2nd in solo tackles last season) and added Drue Tranquill. 

Can't say they haven't added or replaced...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.