Your Final Bills Mock Draft

Warriorspikes51

I’ll play:

1) LB J. Campbell - Day one starter at MLB, slightly lower ceilings than Edmunds but much higher floor. I don’t understand why he isn’t a unanimous first round pick. 

2) WR M. Mims - You want speed? You got speed. Will push for snaps in 2023. WR is an investment position, Diggs, Davis, and Knox will be the primary pass targets in 2023.

Rather than naming random players, here are the positions:

3) DT - No one is under contract in 2023, should push Settle, maybe Phillips by year end.

4) TE - Bills don’t run 12 a ton, but someone who can push for the #2 job and provide depth incase Knox ever gets hurt would be great. 

5) OL - An athlete who can back up the 3 IOL spots.

6) DB - Safety depth is good on paper but has serious red flags, top of the CB depth chart has concerns as well. McBeane love them some DB. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

9 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ll play:

1) LB J. Campbell - Day one starter at MLB, slightly lower ceilings than Edmunds but much higher floor. I don’t understand why he isn’t a unanimous first round pick. 

2) WR M. Mims - You want speed? You got speed. Will push for snaps in 2023. WR is an investment position, Diggs, Davis, and Knox will be the primary pass targets in 2023.

Rather than naming random players, here are the positions:

3) DT - No one is under contract in 2023, should push Settle, maybe Phillips by year end.

4) TE - Bills don’t run 12 a ton, but someone who can push for the #2 job and provide depth incase Knox ever gets hurt would be great. 

5) OL - An athlete who can back up the 3 IOL spots.

6) DB - Safety depth is good on paper but has serious red flags, top of the CB depth chart has concerns as well. McBeane love them some DB. 

You can't draft positions. This is lazy. Name names or you forfeit the meaningless game.

Campbell might be there at 59. I probably wouldn't take him then. I'm not worried about LB. If I were, I'd take Trenton Simpson ahead of him.

22 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

If we get Hopkins, we aren't drafting another WR early

They might because getting Hopkins likely means Davis is gone after this year.

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This would probably not happen how would we roster Hyatt?

?  The FA WRs they signed are not guaranteed to make the team.

My most recent draft simulator:

Buffalo Bills

27. John Michael Schmitz, OC Minnesota

59. Matthew Bergeron, OT Syracuse

91. Jonathan Mingo, WR Ole Miss

130. Luke Schoonmaker, TE Michigan

137. Andrew Vorhees, OG USC

205. Deneric Prince, RB Tulsa

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Prospector said:

Buffalo Bills

You trying to trigger folks? No defensive picks is metaphysically impossible with Beane and Co. Don't think Bergeron makes it to 59. Mingo might go in the second. None of them are bad picks in isolation.

27: R1 - OT Darnell Wright - Tennessee

59: R2  - LB Jack Campbell - Iowa

91: R3 -  WR Jayden Reed - Michigan State

130: R4 - TE Zack Kuntz - Old Dominion

137: R5 - DL Byron Young - Alabama

205: R6 - DL Moro Ojomo - Texas

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

You can't draft positions. This is lazy. Name names or you forfeit the meaningless game.

Campbell might be there at 59. I probably wouldn't take him then. I'm not worried about LB. If I were, I'd take Trenton Simpson ahead of him.

Meh, I’m at work on my cell 🤷🏻‍♂️

Re: Campbell - I think there is almost no shot he makes it to 59, if Bills want to get him and he slides into round two, he’ll be gone before 40. We will see, where CJC gets drafted is one of the top storylines in my eyes. 

I’ve read Simpson doesn’t work off blockers well, transitions best to WLB. 

I will fall in love with whoever the Bills draft though. 

11 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Buffalo Bills

I like this a lot. 

I've done a few of these.  My dream:

1. Darnell Wright, OT

2. Jack Campbell, LB

3. Luke Wypler, OC

4. Jonathan Mingo, WR

5. Jack Kuntz, TE

6. Mohammend Ibrahim, RB

OR, This one is a bit unique.

1. Bryan Breese, DL

2. Cody Mauch, OT

3. Luke Wypler, OC

4. Sean Tucker, RB

5. Rakim Jarrett, WR

6. Nic Jones, CB (or some other DB)

On 4/24/2023 at 5:28 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Per Beane he’s not expecting our pick at 27 to start year one.

I’m not a Hyatt fan but it sets up the Bills to have WR covered in future seasons.

Beane lies about everything 

And he had better get two year one season opener starters out of this draft. They have massive hole at MLB, Edge until Miller comes back, and WR. Plus open competition for RT.

I think that using one simulator we all agree on would be best, because the BBs are all over the place, and just because one person doesn't think that a player should be available when they were selected makes everyone criticize Thier draft. but I think it will take until next draft season for everyone to agree on which SIM to use, if not the next, next draft. It's really not about who's right or wrong it's about the camaraderie we share for our beloved Bills. Besides I live for this time of year, to drive absolutely everyone insane with all my mocks. 😘

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Thank you (+1) 1

ROUND 1

1. Panthers - Bryce Young QB Alabama

Young is small but a great QB. Frank Reich finally gets a young QB to build around.

2. Texans - Will Anderson EDGE Alabama

Ryans knows their is only one QB worthwhile in this draft and he is gone. They will make sure not to win meaningless games next year. This year, they take the cornerstone of their DLine. Anderson is not Bosa level but he is a solid player and Cesario has ties to Alabama.

3. Cardinals - Jalen Carter DL Georgia

The Cardinals HC comes from the Eagles coaching tree and knows the value of defensive line. Though they tried to drum up interest for this pick, nothing materialized

4. Colts - Will Levis QB Kentucky

Rumors in league circles is that Levis to the Colts is the worst kept secret. Stroud is a consideration but his low S2 score will drop him further unfortunately.

5. Seahawks - Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech

To mixed success, the Seahawks take Defensive lineman often in the draft. This is a case of letting the board come to you. 

6. Lions - Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon 

Lions biggest need on the defense is the secondary that was putrid for much of the year. Fortunately for them, it lines up with a strength of the draft. Though Witherspoon has the psycho mentality that Dan Campbell probably loves, Gonzalez is simply bigger and faster.

7. Raiders - CJ Stroud QB Ohio State

The commitment to Jimmy G is limited, their is a good amount of chatter of the Raiders moving up to 3 for Stroud. The Raiders sit tight and get their Jimmy G successor.

8. Falcons - Bijon Robinson, RB, Texas

Sure the Falcons would like to trade down. But trade down or not, Arthur Smith’s seat is getting warm. To save his job, Smith selects Robinson to be his version of Derrick Henry. In a putrid AFC South, this will likely be enough to make the playoffs and save his job.

9. Bears - Paris Johnson Jr, OT, Ohio State

The Bears finally got Fields some help with the trade for DJ Moore but now they need to protect him. Trading back was an option but with the first tackle off the board and a run potentially on the way, the Bears stay pay and select Johnson Jr.

10. Eagles - Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois 

Though Roseman would like to draft a DT or Edge player here because that is his thing, he understands it was a defensive holding call that cost them a Super Bowl. Darius Slay is 32. And Weatherspoon is the top player on the board.

11. Titans - Anthony Richardson QB Florida 

New Titans GM Ran Cathon is a former Gator running back. With ties to the Florida program, I think they will be talked into Richardson and his athletic superpowers in hopes of competing with the upper tier of AFC teams in a few years.

12. Texans - Jaxon Smith Njigba WR OSU

The WR room in Houston does not have any premium players. JSN has a chance to be that for a QB that is drafted next year.

13. Packers - Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

The Packers include jumping the Patriots in the draft as part of the ARod trade. Nijman, their starter last year, is playing on his RFA tender and Bhaktiari is a likely cut candidate in the near future with his high cap hit.

14. Patriots - Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee 

Though CB or WR may be a more impact position, the Patriots understand they suck at drafting those positions. Riley Reid is very upgradable at RT and so they do so.

15. Jets - Joey Porter Jr, CB, Penn State

Now that the Jets have acquired ARod, they need to protect the old man. Currently they have perennially injured Mekhi Becton and AARP Dwayne Brown at Tackle. A run of tackles makes that tough. Instead, they select another physical corner to pair with Sauce Gardner

16. Commanders - Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

Kyle Fuller is coming off an injury and the rest of the secondary is nothing to brag about. They select the local, gifted banks

17. Steelers - Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia

Alex Highsmith is going into a contract year and the Steelers don’t have any depth behind him and TJ Watt. Smith’s personality seems like a great fit for Tomlin as well.

18. Lions - Mazi Smith, DL, Michigan

Outside of corner which they already addressed, DT next to Alim McNeil is the biggest need on the Lions defense. They go back to the Michigan well for help as that worked out very well for them last year.

19. Buccaneers - Lukas Van Ness, DL, Iowa

The Bucs have brought in many first round Edge players including Van Ness.  Think they will like the size of Van Ness compared to other players still available

20. Chiefs via Seahawks - Zay Flowers WR BC

Chiefs showed a lot of interest in Flowers asking him to go to Texas to workout with Mahomes and Kelce. They have too many picks and so use some to move up for Hills true replacement.

21. Chargers - Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU

Chargers are realizing that Allen is old, Williams is hurt and Ekeler can’t continue with that volume. Johnston is a big receiver whose best skill is run after the catch which will be great for Herbert’s short completion.

22. Ravens - Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

Another corner in this stacked class goes rd1. CB is maybe the biggest area of need for the Ravens.

23. Texans via Vikings - John Michael Schmitz OL Minnesota

The Texans jump up to get ahead of the Giants and draft the top Center available. Their 2022 starter, Quessenberry was the worst graded offensive player for the Texans last year. The Vikings only have 5 picks and are almost guaranteed to trade down.

24. Jaguars - Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

After winning the Super Bowl, the Eagles under Doug Peterson went out and drafted excellent in-line blocking TE to pair with Zach Ertz. I think they will feel the same way when it comes to pairing Mayer with Engram.

25. Giants - Jordan Addison, WR, USC

Daboll’s Buffalo offense hit another level when they added Stefin Diggs. Addison has a reminiscent skill set and the ability to play outside which the Giants offense desperately needs.

26. Cowboys - Peter Skoronski, OL, Northwestern

The Cowboys lost Connor McGovern to the Bills and despite adding Edoga to be penciled into the spot. They allow the board to fall to them and add a player with major versatility to fill the role.

27. Bills - Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma 

The player the Bills take always seems to be a player they have a top 30 visit with that we don’t learn about until very close to the draft. Josh’s meeting was very quiet compared to meeting other QBs that year, Elam we learned about the day of the draft last year . Harrison has not been confirmed by a legit source but Walterfootball does have him listed as a Top 30 visit for us.

I think the Bills will like Harrison for many reasons: First, he just turned 21 and has room to grow. Second, despite his age, he played in 34 games in college and has a good amount of experience. Third, he is athletic, long and has a mean streak and power. Finally, he immediately competes with Spencer Brown to upgrade our biggest position of need on offense. At worst, if he doesn’t beat out Spencer (unlikely) he can be the swing tackle and the heir apparent to Dion Dawkins.

Now many people may ask why not trade down instead of reaching for him? The answer is that he won’t make it past 33 in my opinion. The Steelers have shown a lot of interest in him and OT is a big need for them. 

28. Bengals - Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama

With Joe Mixons age and character while losing Perine, the Bengals take the best pass catching back in the draft to give Burrow another weapon.

29. Saints -  Calijah Kancey, DL, Pittsburgh

Saints have been doing extra work on Kancey leading up to the draft. Though he is small he is incredibly athletic and some team will envision him as a version of Aaron Donald.

30. Eagles - Will McDonald, EDGE, ISU

The Eagles Brandon Graham and Derrick Barnett are long in the tooth. They add the bendy McDonald to fill the Edge pipeline.

31. Seahawks via Chiefs- Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee

Pete Carrol gets his guy. Hooker can sit for the year behind Geno and be ready to take over next year when he is fully recovered. Carrol is older so Hooker’s age is not a concern to him.

Remaining Bills draft

59. Drew Sanders LB Arkansas

McDermott has been patient all off-season but if Sanders or Campbell are their at 59 they will be the pick. If they had their choice of both, I think Sanders is the pick. He is still raw at the position but has the tools and pass rush to be a bigger impact player in the long run. 

91. Tyler Scott WR Cincinnati 

The Bills know they need another WR. If we move a pick for DHOP, I think this is the one. IF not, I think the Bills will see shades of John Brown in Scott. Scott is explosive and is faster on the field than he was at the combine. He also can play outside and has a running back background for some YAC.

130. Zach Pickens DL South Carolina

Beane said it himself that the only position with a murky future is DT. If the right player presents himself earlier they will be the pick. For now, the Bills take some high upside DTs they have shown interest in later in the draft

137. Cameron Young DL Miss St

Same as pick 130

205. Payne Durham TE Purdue

Durham was lauded as the best TE at the Senior Bowl which included Luke Musgraves. He is not an amazing athlete but he is tough, productive and a perfect TE2 for the Bills.

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LEBills said:

ROUND 1

1. Panthers - Bryce Young QB Alabama

Young is small but a great QB. Frank Reich finally gets a young QB to build around.

2. Texans - Will Anderson EDGE Alabama

Ryans knows their is only one QB worthwhile in this draft and he is gone. They will make sure not to win meaningless games next year. This year, they take the cornerstone of their DLine. Anderson is not Bosa level but he is a solid player and Cesario has ties to Alabama.

3. Cardinals - Jalen Carter DL Georgia

The Cardinals HC comes from the Eagles coaching tree and knows the value of defensive line. Though they tried to drum up interest for this pick, nothing materialized

4. Colts - Will Levis QB Kentucky

Rumors in league circles is that Levis to the Colts is the worst kept secret. Stroud is a consideration but his low S2 score will drop him further unfortunately.

5. Seahawks - Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech

To mixed success, the Seahawks take Defensive lineman often in the draft. This is a case of letting the board come to you. 

6. Lions - Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon 

Lions biggest need on the defense is the secondary that was putrid for much of the year. Fortunately for them, it lines up with a strength of the draft. Though Witherspoon has the psycho mentality that Dan Campbell probably loves, Gonzalez is simply bigger and faster.

7. Raiders - CJ Stroud QB Ohio State

The commitment to Jimmy G is limited, their is a good amount of chatter of the Raiders moving up to 3 for Stroud. The Raiders sit tight and get their Jimmy G successor.

8. Falcons - Bijon Robinson, RB, Texas

Sure the Falcons would like to trade down. But trade down or not, Arthur Smith’s seat is getting warm. To save his job, Smith selects Robinson to be his version of Derrick Henry. In a putrid AFC South, this will likely be enough to make the playoffs and save his job.

9. Bears - Paris Johnson Jr, OT, Ohio State

The Bears finally got Fields some help with the trade for DJ Moore but now they need to protect him. Trading back was an option but with the first tackle off the board and a run potentially on the way, the Bears stay pay and select Johnson Jr.

10. Eagles - Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois 

Though Roseman would like to draft a DT or Edge player here because that is his thing, he understands it was a defensive holding call that cost them a Super Bowl. Darius Slay is 32. And Weatherspoon is the top player on the board.

11. Titans - Anthony Richardson QB Florida 

New Titans GM Ran Cathon is a former Gator running back. With ties to the Florida program, I think they will be talked into Richardson and his athletic superpowers in hopes of competing with the upper tier of AFC teams in a few years.

12. Texans - Jaxon Smith Njigba WR OSU

The WR room in Houston does not have any premium players. JSN has a chance to be that for a WR that is drafted next year.

13. Packers - Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

The Packers include jumping the Patriots in the draft as part of the ARod trade. Nijman, their starter last year, is playing on his RFA tender and Bhaktiari is a likely cut candidate in the near future with his high cap hit.

14. Patriots - Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee 

Though CB or WR may be a more impact position, the Patriots understand they suck at drafting those positions. Riley Reid is very upgradable at RT and so they do so.

15. Jets - Joey Porter Jr, CB, Penn State

Now that the Jets have acquired ARod, they need to protect the old man. Currently they have perennially injured Mekhi Becton and AARP Dwayne Brown at Tackle. A run of tackles makes that tough. Instead, they select another physical corner to pair with Sauce Gardner

16. Commanders - Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

Kyle Fuller is coming off an injury and the rest of the secondary is nothing to brag about. They select the local, gifted banks

17. Steelers - Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia

Alex Highsmith is going into a contract year and the Steelers don’t have any depth behind him and TJ Watt. Smith’s personality seems like a great fit for Tomlin as well.

18. Lions - Mazi Smith, DL, Michigan

Outside of corner which they already addressed, DT next to Alim McNeil is the biggest need on the Lions defense. They go back to the Michigan well for help as that worked out very well for them last year.

19. Buccaneers - Lukas Van Ness, DL, Iowa

The Bucs have brought in many first round Edge players including Van Ness.  Think they will like the size of Van Ness compared to other players still available

20. Chiefs via Seahawks - Zay Flowers WR BC

Chiefs showed a lot of interest in Flowers asking him to go to Texas to workout with Mahomes and Kelce. They have too many picks and so use some to move up for Hills true replacement.

21. Chargers - Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU

Chargers are realizing that Allen is old, Williams is hurt and Ekeler can’t continue with that volume. Johnston is a big receiver whose best skill is run after the catch which will be great for Herbert’s short completion.

22. Ravens - Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

Another corner in this stacked class goes rd1. CB is maybe the biggest area of need for the Ravens.

23. Texans via Vikings - John Michael Schmitz OL Minnesota

The Texans jump up to get ahead of the Giants and draft the top Center available. Their 2022 starter, Quessenberry was the worst graded offensive player for the Texans last year. The Vikings only have 5 picks and are almost guaranteed to trade down.

24. Jaguars - Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

After winning the Super Bowl, the Eagles under Doug Peterson went out and drafted excellent in-line blocking TE to pair with Zach Ertz. I think they will feel the same way when it comes to pairing Mayer with Engram.

25. Giants - Jordan Addison, WR, USC

Daboll’s Buffalo offense hit another level when they added Stefin Diggs. Addison has a reminiscent skill set and the ability to play outside which the Giants offense desperately needs.

26. Cowboys - Peter Skoronski, OL, Northwestern

The Cowboys lost Connor McGovern to the Bills and despite adding Edoga to be penciled into the spot. They allow the board to fall to them and add a player with major versatility to fill the role.

27. Bills - Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma 

The player the Bills take always seems to be a player they have a top 30 visit with that we don’t learn about until very close to the draft. Josh’s meeting was very quiet compared to meeting other QBs that year, Elam we learned about the day of the draft last year . Harrison has not been confirmed by a legit source but Walterfootball does have him listed as a Top 30 visit for us.

I think the Bills will like Harrison for many reasons: First, he just turned 21 and has room to grow. Second, despite his age, he played in 34 games in college and has a good amount of experience. Third, he is athletic, long and has a mean streak and power. Finally, he immediately competes with Spencer Brown to upgrade our biggest position of need on offense. At worst, if he doesn’t beat out Spencer (unlikely) he can be the swing tackle and the heir apparent to Dion Dawkins.

Now many people may ask why not trade down instead of reaching for him? The answer is that he won’t make it past 33 in my opinion. The Steelers have shown a lot of interest in him and OT is a big need for them. 

28. Bengals - Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama

With Joe Mixons age and character while losing Perine, the Bengals take the best pass catching back in the draft to give Burrow another weapon.

29. Saints -  Calijah Kancey, DL, Pittsburgh

Saints have been doing extra work on Kancey leading up to the draft. Though he is small he is incredibly athletic and some team will envision him as a version of Aaron Donald.

30. Eagles - Will McDonald, EDGE, ISU

The Eagles Brandon Graham and Derrick Barnett are long in the tooth. They add the bendy McDonald to fill the Edge pipeline.

31. Seahawks via Chiefs- Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee

Pete Carrol gets his guy. Hooker can sit for the year behind Geno and be ready to take over next year when he is fully recovered. Carrol is older so Hooker’s age is not a concern to him.

Remaining Bills draft

59. Drew Sanders LB Arkansas

McDermott has been patient all off-season but if Sanders or Campbell are their at 59 they will be the pick. If they had their choice of both, I think Sanders is the pick. He is still raw at the position but has the tools and pass rush to be a bigger impact player in the long run. 

91. Tyler Scott WR Cincinnati 

The Bills know they need another WR. If we move a pick for DHOP, I think this is the one. IF not, I think the Bills will see shades of John Brown in Scott. Scott is explosive and is faster on the field than he was at the combine. He also can play outside and has a running back background for some YAC.

130. Zach Pickens DL South Carolina

Beane said it himself that the only position with a murky future is DT. If the right player presents himself earlier they will be the pick. For now, the Bills take some high upside DTs they have shown interest in later in the draft

137. Cameron Young DL Miss St

Same as pick 130

205. Payne Durham TE Purdue

Durham was lauded as the best TE at the Senior Bowl which included Luke Musgraves. He is not an amazing athlete but he is tough, productive and a perfect TE2 for the Bills.

Well thought out. For Texans pick number 12, you intend a QB that is drafted next year, you inadvertently wrote WR. I don't think there is any way Dalton Kincaid is not a first rounder. I would take him if he's on the board at 27, but someone will.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Well thought out. For Texans pick number 12, you intend a QB that is drafted next year, you inadvertently wrote WR. I don't think there is any way Dalton Kincaid is not a first rounder. I would take him if he's on the board at 27, but someone will.

Thank you sir for the proof read. I like Kincaid a lot as a prospect but I really think his age and recent back fracture will have him miss the first round. But that is kind of guessing, from a talent standpoint he is a first rounder.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

if Bean does not expect our pick at 27 to start year one, then he either: (1) needs to be fired, because there are players that could start year 1 on this team available at 27; or (2) is wasting a pick on another project, when we are in win-now mode.  this has to be a smokescreen.  

He’s realistic.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.