Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I especially like the "Mac is ahead of all of them" comment.

That's a typo.  He discovered ganja, to help him cope with the last Raiders game.  It's supposed to read:

"Mac is a 'head' of all of them."

JObRunB.png

#DrDawkinstein  

did you get this run of T-shirts made yet?!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I think too much is made of Rodgers relationship with the media. Rodgers "fights back" with the media all the time over the years. Has it affected his play? Guy is one of the best to do it and he is a slam dunk HOF in his first year of eligibility. Rodgers doesn't let the media affect his play. Never has and never will.

Kind of funny how that seems to be the opposite of Rodgers personality! He obsesses over the media's coverage of him unlike any NFL quarterback in my lifetime.

His focus and consternation with the media has significantly impacted him as a player and leader, in my view.

He takes all criticism personally.

He throws his teammates and coaches under the bus to re-direct any criticism of him or the team's performance.

And he seems to be obsessed with the media's coverage of him, consistently. He brings it up all of the time, often un-prompted.

Playing quarterback in the NFL is an extremely demanding job with the light always shining on you.  At 40, with his skills on the decline, he needed to have his eyes on the prize--not the media's coverage of him. Instead, he constantly defended himself and attacked others in response.

I would say in fact that Rodgers', probably more than any other quarterback in the NFL, seems to obsess over the media's coverage of him. And he let's it get to him, personally, professionally.

That will be greatly exasperated by the media in his new playing town.

Edited by Mister Defense

He should have a pretty good year with the Jets.  I am of two minorities here:

I think the Jets are a pretty good team and save for some injuries might have squeezed into the playoffs...I like their nastiness; and

I also actually think Tua is a pretty good QB whose obvious injuries last year got the best of him.

That said Buffalo should still win the division, but I think it is going to be close.  We could be looking at 3 teams being separated by a staggering of 12-11-10 wins, or even closer.

...no...New England will not be one of those three teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Not really concerned about Rodgers with the Jets. One thing to remember is that Rodgers has had the benefit of playing in a weak division for a long time. This division minus New England is probably the most competitive division he's played in in years. If there are those that think he didn't drop off last season or that it don't matter? Just because Brady played well in his 40s doesn't mean Rodgers will duplicate that same success. And for those that are putting the Jets defense on a pedestal, Quinnen Williams is pounding the table for more money and is already threatening to hold out. And he's their biggest playmaker on the D line.

I may sound homerish but there is merit to all of this. For what the Jets gave up to get Rodgers, they better be SB contenders right off the bat and I'm just not seeing it. Because once Rodgers is gone, they're gonna end up right back where they started, QB purgatory. Either that or they'll go the way of Indy and just sign has beens and go back to 4-13 seasons

Agreed.

I think the Packers played this just right.  They got the most out of Rodgers that they could, and then managed to acquire some very nice draft capital for him on the way out the door.  NE got nothing when Brady left, and he probably had a lot more left in the tank than Rodgers does.

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 3

24 minutes ago, mannc said:

Agreed.

I think the Packers played this just right.  They got the most out of Rodgers that they could, and then managed to acquire some very nice draft capital for him on the way out the door.  NE got nothing when Brady left, and he probably had a lot more left in the tank than Rodgers does.

I could not agree with that more.  Got a lot out of him and still traded him towards the end for reasonably good value.

Good move.  Actually, I believe a good move for both teams.

• Agree 1

This is exactly what the Bills needed!

The team was clearly mentally weak last year. I know "everything happened" last year but hearing Josh cry and say that God is real because of a kickoff runback... Reminds you how young he is.

This team needs a reason to "get up" for games, since after our regular season chiefs game, it was all downhill from there (and not in a good way).

Jets could easily win the division... It's probably a coin toss right now. And if fins wimpy QB actually stays healthy they can make noise.

All in all even if it means a couple down years, Josh and this team needs a wakeup call, and to get more mentally resilient. Because last year their attitude belonged in the kiddy pool.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

The team was clearly mentally weak last year. I know "everything happened" last year but hearing Josh cry and say that God is real because of a kickoff runback... Reminds you how young he is.

This team needs a reason to "get up" for games, since after our regular season chiefs game, it was all downhill from there (and not in a good way).

Jets could easily win the division... It's probably a coin toss right now. And if fins wimpy QB actually stays healthy they can make noise.

All in all even if it means a couple down years, Josh and this team needs a wakeup call, and to get more mentally resilient. Because last year their attitude belonged in the kiddy pool.

Down with God and up with Rodgers as motivation is a weird flex, but hey, to each his own.  

We all walk our own path.  I just love the view on mine and the way it makes me feel, but it may not be for everybody.

May you all find peace.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

48 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

you missed his point. 

He wasn't down on God at all, he was saying it was a sign of Allen's youth that he thinks God cares about a football game. 

You win by out-executing the opponent, period.

The Bills lost their edge trying to out-pray and out-sad opponents down the stretch last year. Now he is hopeful that since that strategy didn't work and the opponents are going to make it even more difficult, the team will look internally to get their competitive edge back

I didn't miss his point.

I think that Allen's youth has nothing to do with it.  I think, when we face adversity, especially with life threatening ones of those close to  us, you handle it in different ways...and you see signs, for whatever the reason.

The things that rally us for the better are what we make of them.  That is what it meant to Josh.  Some people...I know this is crazy for some of you...are rallied by and get strength by their faith, regardless of the events that brought them to that conclusion.

I most certainly don't look at it as something that made Josh and the team "mentally weak."

...nor do I view his tears that way.  Quite the contrary.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Lane Meyer K12 said:

The Jets just got a lot better. The division is going to be tough. 

14 words.  Pretty accurate.  Man, I think this is going to be so darn fun.

"language lessons...inspired words, from a man, who knows how to ski."

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lane Meyer K12 said:

The Jets just got a lot better. The division is going to be tough. 

I predict a real horse race between Bills,Miami and Jets. At this moment I think Jets will get edge favorite to start season. Go Bills!

Edited by Radar

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

I predict a real horse race between Bills,Miami and Jets. At this moment I think Jets will get edge favorite to start season. Go Bills!

Why? The Bills won 13 games last year and lost 3 by a combined 8 points. This team is elite. Jets have proven nothing and Rodgers is 40 years old coming off a down year.

They are a much better team, but crowning them is extremely premature 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Airseven said:

Bills could barely survive the Jets with Wilson. This move puts the Jets into the Chiefs/Bengals tier. 

The Bills lost to Jacksonville in 2021 - S$$T happens.

The Jets finished six and a half games behind the Bills in the East last season. And that includes the Jets stealing a game from the Bills in NY & Cleveland on the road.

Do you think the Jets will sweep the Bills next season?

As for equating the Jets to the Chiefs/Bengals because of Rogers I call that nuts.  SF had a SB contending team that had a deep playoff run in spite of having a rookie playing QB the last half of the season.   They did this because they had a SB level roster & coaching.  The Eagles won a SB with the mediocre Nick Foles at QB because they had a SB level roster & coaching.  The Jets went 7 - 10 with QB issues so where is the evidence that they have a SB level roster & coaching?

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Probably shouldn't waste my time replying to a garbage post, but I'll bite. You're understanding of mentally weak, is flawed. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.